NBA star Lebron James to announce free agent decision in ESPN reality show special

Shortline Bus

LeBron James to announce free agency decision Thursday night at 9 p.m. in one-hour ESPN special

NY Daily News/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Wire Reports

Tuesday, July 6th 2010

ESPN is reporting that LeBron James will announce his NBA plans on its network Thursday night at 9 p.m. in an hourlong special.

ESPN's NBA Writer Chris Broussard is reporting Tuesday night that James' "representatives" contacted the network and asked for the unusual arrangement. Broussard reports ESPN officials confirmed the request but added the network was not told what James' decision will be.

Both James' publicist Keith Estabrook and ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz declined comment to The Associated Press.

James is believed to be considering staying with the Cleveland Cavaliers or joining the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks or New Jersey Nets."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/06/2010-07-06_lebron_james_to_announce_free_agency_decision_thursday_night_at_9_pm_in_onehour_.html#ixzz0t2IaWAdE'>http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/06/2010-07-06_lebron_james_to_announce_free_agency_decision_thursday_night_at_9_pm_in_onehour_.html#ixzz0t2IaWAdE

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/06/2010-07-06_lebron_james_to_announce_free_agency_decision_thursday_night_at_9_pm_in_onehour_.html

Because that's what TV needs.....more damn reality shows.

Don't laugh this could become the high rated(most watched tv show in America)for the entire summer. This looks like the finger prints all over of NBA Boss DaVid Stern.

Stern was the mastermind of the NBA draft lottery becoming a must watch for hardcore NBA fans and also allowing NBA players to play in the Olympics with the "Dream Teams' formats.

Now maybe the most sought after free agent in North American sports history, gets to tell the world his decision.

FYI. ESPN in order IMO to cover any little journalism crediblity they have left is rumored to be paying James $1 Million for this 'reality' story/decision. However ESPN is giving that fee is going to Charities in his name in a new group Lebron is creating for that purpose. ESPN NBA Studio Host Stuart Scott and a friend of James is hosting this special that is mostly a bio-reality show focusing on James young life and his decision in last moments of the show begining at 9pm Thursday 7/8/10.:eek:

Does this bull-i(S)(H) really need to be carried out like this?

Agreed. Why not just an old fashion press conference? Oh that right it's too old school lol. Hey ESPN and Disney wants to rule the TV rule and why not pay him $1 Million or more in a reality game show that could draw millions of tv viewers. Guys this is not a joke either.:eek:

This is how the show will be like:

Lebron: After days of thought and decision, I have decided...............I'm going to New York, b***hes!!!!!!!!!

Lebron: Nah, I'm just f**king with yall. I am staying in Cleveland.

Lebron: No, f**k that, I am going to Miami, motherf**kers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lebron: Nah I am just f**king with yall. I staying in Cleveland.

ESPN is reporting that LeBron James will announce his NBA plans on its network Thursday night at 9 p.m. in an hourlong special.

So, it's going to take an hour to say "My next team will be Oklahoma City Thunder?" :)

Thank You. The best basketball player in the world is Kobe but because he had legal issues a few years ago(I know the case was dropped)you never know it from ESPN.

Disney and ESPN/ABC wants to cash in on Lebron as the 'next Jordan' but while Mr James is a very good player he or anyone in the NBA right now will never be MJ.

Someone like Jordan, "Magic", West, Bird, Russell, Chamberlain, Erving, etc. comes around every 30 years if ever again.

There is a rumor that James in going to NYK and that the odds of him going to the Bulls is less likely.

Thats because Lebron and Jay Z are good friends. Jay has been trying to get him to the city. Those rumors have been flying around for a minute now.

LeBron James should stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and just keep that team on the running, him leaving would be a really bad idea.

For Cleveland it's more than losing arguably the world's best basketball player and already a hometown legend as he from nearby Arkon, Ohio. Sorry guys i forgot the site but Lebron leaving Ohio would cost the city an projected $100-200 Million a season including playoff games that city of Cleveland gets from fans visiting resturants to employing extra workers at games at Gund Arena.(I refuse to call it the current named Quicken Loans Bank Arena)

James is the most profitable and known NBA player since Jordan(He will be Micheal Jordan)and whoever he signs with, the team whether the Cavs or his 'new' team will get hundred of millions in new sales from team logo and James Jerseys as well.

And the likely winner of the "Lebron' sweepstakes is? The Miami Heat? Most media outlets as of 6pm tonight 7/8/10 has now guessed that Mr. James will sign a 5-year $100 Million plus contract w/ Miami and NBA Hall of Famer Pat Riley will return to the bench as Heat Coach. So now the trio of Wade, Bush and James could be a real threat to Kibe and the Lakers. Here NBA Insider Stephen A Smith now a host w/ Fox Sports Radio breaking the story on WFAN's Mike Francesa Show.

http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4788769

Anyone still plan to watch the ESPN special tonught at 900pm?:eek:

And the likely winner of the "Lebron' sweepstakes is? The Miami Heat? Most media outlets as of 6pm tonight 7/8/10 has now guessed that Mr. James will sign a 5-year $100 Million plus contract w/ Miami and NBA Hall of Famer Pat Riley will return to the bench as Heat Coach. So now the trio of Wade, Bush and James could be a real threat to Kibe and the Lakers. Here NBA Insider Stephen A Smith now a host w/ Fox Sports Radio breaking the story on WFAN's Mike Francesa Show.

http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4788769

Anyone still plan to watch the ESPN special tonught at 900pm?:eek:

I'll probably record it LOL at ^Kibe^

It's official, he's going to Miami to join Wade and Bosh.

Thank god, now I can stop hearing about this dude like he's a F'n god or something, mayor bloomie was ready to get the knee pads out and service this gentleman. All of a sudden the media forgot their are soldiers dying in iraq and a catostraphic oil disaster happening destroying wildlife and my a/c not working at work

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Thank god, now I can stop hearing about this dude like he's a F'n god or something, mayor bloomie was ready to get the knee pads out and service this gentleman.

Lmao@get the knee pads out

He was gonna do that and then some buffering the wood.

If there is anyone or people I feel sorry for, it is the People of Cleveland. That city is loyal to their sports teams and they have been shit upon for years. From Art Modell to now Lebron James, that town has taken repeated ass f**kings. Nothing is worse than your hometown hero betraying you and betraying you via a multi-year circus culminating at 9:30pm ET on Thursday, July 8th, 2010 in a one hour ESPN special where he figuratively sticks his middle finger at his home town and loyal, long suffering fans by telling them loyalty means shit to him and that in order to be a championship, he has to betray his team to go to a frontrunner in the Heat. They will now have to live with Browns and Indians franchises which have no chance of winning any time soon and a uncertain future with the Cavailers.

Archived