MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Most likely not. East New York is getting their own new Xcelsiors.

12 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Thanks. I know Jamaica is one of the Queens depots receiving the newest LFS diesels. So could this be a possible transfer or loan? I'm not sure.

This maybe out of answer but I think the Jamaica unit was probably on a long break or that it took a short stop at that intersection. I saw Jamaica LFS units along Ocean Av today and it was for the (Q) Shuttle bus for this weekend (Shuttle (Q) is between Prospect Park Zoo and Stillwell Av by Nathans)

Edited by Calvin

10 minutes ago, Calvin said:

This maybe out of answer but I think the Jamaica unit was probably on a long break or that it took a short stop at that intersection. I saw Jamaica LFSes along Ocean Av today and it was for the (Q) Shuttle bus for this week. 

Oh okay; that's probably what it is then

13 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Most likely not. East New York is getting their own new Xcelsiors.

That's what I was thinking. ENY is already getting new XD40s to push out those next gens. If they were getting Novas now, that would mean some plans were changed (possibly pushing out 2011 XD40s); but that's what the XE40s will likely be doing.