RTS stronghold areas that are now RTSless.....

Lennyj17

Thanks so much. For years I kept trying to remember what the number of the bus was. Damn, I had no idea they had RTS numbers in the 7000s.

RTS have had just about every number from 1201-9799.

The 7000s were rebuilt in-house and the 7500s were rebuilt by Midwest Bus.

I wonder if the MTA will ever attempt it with the 1996 Novas.

I used to love those buses! One can only hope they do it again, but I would do the '97's, and '98's. It looks as if the '99's will get some type of overhaul.

A good move right now would be to re-tank and rehab #800-989 send the 07 to WF and CP.

I agree. Those buses could last at least until 2016 IMO.

• 2 months later...
Oh yeah, those RTS will be spread around. I wouldn't be surprised they start to move out more 8800-8900s to MTA bus as well. MTA bus always ends up with the older RTS buses.

This sounds right but we welcome these types of Treasures anyday ya feel me?

Would be nice to spread the wealth to other depots that have only Orions .

What , You wouldn't want to see RTS's at CPT or Spring Creek yeah yeah the dumb CNG tanks but there has got to be A way to pull this off .

What , You wouldn't want to see RTS's at CPT or Spring Creek yeah yeah the dumb CNG tanks but there has got to be A way to pull this off .

I would love to see that!! You guys have diesels now, so it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment if you got some RTS'. If that ever happened, It would definitely be foam city for me!!

You can have diesel buses at CNG depots if there's a fueling station for them. Last time I checked you have MCIs, which run on diesel.

Archived