I wouldn't believe it until I (C) it!

R32 Anthony

Hello everyone, I am back after some time. I saw today for the first time a R46 on the (C) train this morning. Looks funny on that line. I hope they are not getting rid of any more R32's.

Did it have a gray band if so its an R44, if it didn't its an R46 unless its paired with an R44, then its an R44

Hey, just remember, I have not been on the website in a while, so any "old" news is new to me. Please respect that. Anyway, I saw a R46 (but it could have been an R44, since it was in the tunnel and could not see it too well) for the first time and I was shocked.

Hello everyone, I am back after some time. I saw today for the first time a R46 on the (C) train this morning. Looks funny on that line. I hope they are not getting rid of any more R32's.

R32s had problems with the a/c. R44s that were supposed to be retired are still around so riders can have working a/c. Again no R32s are going.

R32s had problems with the a/c. R44s that were supposed to be retired are still around so riders can have working a/c. Again no R32s are going.

Thank goodness. I wish they kept all the other older car models too. I also heard that the remaining R32 and R42 will be overhauled again to last for another 5 years. I just hope they don't add doorbells or create a cab in the front like they they did in Chicago on the 2600's.

Yes, but in the end even if they started to retire the R44s earlier, the R32-42s would still be retired eventually. At least now the R32s will still be around a bit longer.

Concidering they would be replaced, I don't see them doing anything other than basic stuff to make sure the trains runs for another 5~ years.

I lived in Chicago for a few years, and I saw they rebuilt their trains. They took away the railfan window and seat and built a cab (like the R44-R160's) and they added a PA announcements and door chimes that were not on the original cars.

That's a nice dream to have with the R32 and R42, a full overhaul, but for 5 years and the money MTA has at the moment, I really doubt it. Like other said, they are just going to make it last another 5 years, it is like trying to squeeze the last few minutes of your battery on a phone or laptop before it dies out.

• 3 months later...
No comment! Im going to pretend you were singing OMG By Usher.

NO I WASN'T!!! Id never seen an R160 (C) in my life so I was suprised...It was weird, I was just commenting on that in the video...

okay, I admit: I was foaming. Okay? lol.

NO I WASN'T!!! Id never seen an R160 (C) in my life so I was suprised...It was weird, I was just commenting on that in the video...

okay, I admit: I was foaming. Okay? lol.

If you seen a r160 before then, there is no need to foam. R160s are junk anyways; no need to foam over a (C) Display. :cool:

Archived