Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding some terminal pieces to the subway set...

Enjoy the WIP eye-candy gentlemen....

TurnstilesNYCTA.png

NYCTATerminal1A.png

2TTerminalNYCTA.png

Still to be done:

2T Island Terminal

3T Island Terminal (Main St (7)<7>)

4T Island Terminal (IRT Atlantic/Penn Sta)

4T Island Terminal (normal 2 island layout)

The last two are inspired by Magicland's original SCS; he had a 4T terminal like Atlantic Av on the IRT. I figured that even though the 1T, 2T Island, and 4T's don't exist in the subway, they'll be wonderful additions for those doing fictional routes. For 6T terminals, you'll have to use various subway pieces that I've released and/or kitbash from built-in items and those found on the DLS.

Enjoy!

-A

P.S. In anticipation to this question: Yes, I will try my best to have those exit signs editable for multiple lines of text, which is why they're currently blank.

I couldn't fall asleep tonight without handing out MORE gifts, now could I???

trainz2012-11-1422-29-09-42.png

trainz2012-11-1421-41-48-81.png

trainz2012-11-1421-41-34-30.png

trainz2012-11-1422-29-32-63.png

trainz2012-11-1421-41-17-10.png

trainz2012-11-1421-41-09-39.png

trainz2012-11-1421-41-22-85.png

And a bonus WIP (not sure about a release yet, it's too early to tell)

trainz2012-11-1422-22-37-35.png

Only one not included is the 1T because I'm tired, lol. You'll get it tomorrow gents!

Enjoy!

-A

P.S. Due to attachment point problems and the general f**kery of 3DS max, the 3T splines/ends/terminal will only have the outer two tracks with attachment points. You'll have to place the middle track manually because the attachment points for the object-spline connector and the track itself are too close together to fix, and if I shifted the entire 3T model, I'd have to shift over the ENTIRE tunnel and station set, which is too much work.

P.P.S. I know the LCD on the R32-C sucks guys--still working on those, :D

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Brighton Express:

I never said I was completely finished handing out delicious eye candy--

4T "Penn Station" Terminal-

NYCTATerminal4B.png

Multiple-lane surface tracks. I replaced old outdated ones I had used on the Dyre line previously.

NYCTASurfaceTrack3C.png

NYCTASurfaceTrack3B.png

NYCTASurfaceTrack2B.png

NYCTASurfaceTrack2A.png

NYCTASurfaceTrack4A.png

They come in the same variations, just two different ballast colors.

And a small update for you guys project wise--I am rebuilding the Brighton-line stations that I was working on previously. The Prospect Park, Church, Cortelyou & Newkirk Plaza stations will stay the same because they employed the current "start object-spline-end object" building scheme we're currently using for the subway kit. However, the local stations south of there (Avs H, J, M, & Neck Rd), and express stations (Kings Hwy, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach) will need their stations rebuilt to match the standards of the others. The Southern BMT is still several months away, but I'm currently cleaning house on obsolete items on my computer [not throwing them away, simply quarantining them to prevent mix-ups] and wherever I can reconstruct old items to fit current standards, I will. The signals & signs will be getting a modest makeover to fit these new tunnels! Lots of work before the Thanksgiving holidays, so hopefully something can be released to you all before next Friday so you can enjoy the long weekend a little more! :D

-A

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

You can easily get the job done with the basic station and tunnel pack, which will include platform amenities like stairs, trash cans, subway maps, benches, and other things of that nature. Terminal pieces are a priority, so once the work has concluded on this first set we will come back to this after the completion of the open cut and elevated work.