Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who still do not have any of my content and/or do not feel like scouring the boards for all the links, here they are:

NYCTA Custom Subway Station Kit:

If you don't feel like using the pre-packaged stations, use these instead. Includes side and island platforms, tunnel beams (single and double), station walls and trackside walls with roofs to create your own stations! Beams and both sets of walls come in several colors, so you can mix and match however you'd like.

LINK WILL BE BACK UP LATER.

NYCTA Signals v2:

Includes all of my currently-available signals. A complete rebuild from Magicland's original set, this includes nearly all types of signals found in the NYCTA system, including automatic signals, several types of home signals (depending on the routing), overhead signals, marker signals, ST and GT signals, and much much more. Trainlevel2 has posted a video on youtube on how to get the timer signals to work using triggers. I have not researched this completely yet, so as of now, he's the authority on how to get the timer signals to behave like their real-life counterparts.

NYCTA Signs:

All signs currently found on the NYCTA system. All of them have editable text, except ones where this is not needed (OPTO, "T", etc). There are 12 sign versions in total, and 3 different variations (left-hand track, right-hand, and overhead). If you do not want to sift through these signs, the alternative is to wait a little while longer while I release a version of one sign that will have changeable textures for all different variations and have editable text. It will cut down the number of signs from ~36 to only 3 or 4. They will have the same function, the only difference with the newer one is that you have to select what sign texture you want every single time.

NYCTA Subway Stations:

These are the 3-in-1 splines that I had mentioned above. Because they work as multi-track splines, they will not be passenger enabled. You can use these as placeholders on your route(s) until the new ones come out. Warning: These will not have the same KUIDs as the new stations, so you will have to manually replace if you intend to switch over.

LINK WILL BE BACK UP LATER. Warning: This is a really large CDP!

NYCTA Subway Station Objects:

Includes garbage can, subway stairs exit and the CORRECT size of the bench ahehe.gif I had inadvertently released a really minuscule version that was laughable. These will not be revamped. I might add some stand-alone info boards/maps and el-type exits, but as it stands--this is whatcha get!

Enjoy!

-A awave.gif

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Ok thanks Green. Ok here are the pics of the finished Elevated portion of the (1) Line. (The Before Pics)

155St. Station

trainz2012-12-0121-45-10-18.jpg

168St. Station

trainz2012-12-0121-46-37-16.jpg

173St. Jordan Av. Transfer (B)(Q)(E)

trainz2012-12-0121-47-15-25.jpg

trainz2012-12-0121-49-07-16.jpg

180St. Station

trainz2012-12-0121-49-50-56.jpg

trainz2012-12-0121-50-10-15.jpg

190St. Station

trainz2012-12-0121-50-48-21.jpg

trainz2012-12-0121-50-54-91.jpg

195St Station

trainz2012-12-0121-51-05-21.jpg

trainz2012-12-0121-51-11-18.jpg

200St. Van Cortlandt Park

trainz2012-12-0121-51-50-58.jpg

trainz2012-12-0121-52-00-64.jpg

Edited by Strain

Great Job! Did you download Ish6's reskins of Jeff Morris' stuff? It includes a lot of really cool subway/el entrances and stuff. Btw guys, if you want to replace the tracks on the stations, simply select the KUID of the new subway tracks (kuid:523903:401) and replace the kuid line in the config file.

B is handling all things EL. If you look at most of the EL stations that are terminals usually there are just bumper blocks and that's it, so Terminal EL pieces will not be necessary.

And since you messed up on the replace KUID thing, just right-click the asset and click "Revert"

This is what happened. On a side not Green could you ask B something for me. I used his test route it start my Elevated portion of my route cuz it fit nicely. so could you ask him if its ok if i release my route giving him credit for his part if that makes any sense srry its really late.

trainz2012-12-0123-09-39-56.jpg

Edited by Strain

Oy. SO many errors (unforeseen) with the content I posted in the links that those links are down while I fix the content---! This is why I don't post old content, lol

By the way, retype your post above Strain? I don't know if it's me, but I can't comprehend it.

Various fixes to the stations released under those links are posted in the support thread, you guys.

-A

Sorry about that, I couldn't see it in the post.

Green, you might want to have a look at this. We might have an R40 back quicker than expected. But the guy needs your's and Bstyles's help to convert the train once it has been textured, maybe even create a 3D cab for it.

http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=2051.new#new

This is an excerpt from a meeting I had with BStyles earlier tonight regarding the poly count on our content; I'm posting it here because everybody needs to read it and have the record set straight. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but this is a business decision that B and I have agreed upon.

I hope people can understand what we're saying, but we're going to have to draw a line. We can't continue to develop and not try to express our profession in the objects that we make, only to have to butcher them because people can't use them. High poly or low poly, we can do that, but if they can't run either then there's nothing we can do about it. The only way we get better is if we go bolder. If we don't then we're being capped at the standard. Our goal was to break that standard and make something that everyone can enjoy, but to do that then they're going to have to treat themselves to something better or not bother at all. Bottom line: no more faces will be removed from the models. We'll build them with an average computer in mind and we'll export them as best we can, but if at that point no one can run them then there's nothing that we can do. Quality while trying to achieve performance is a heavy task, but it's being done slowly and surely. We make ourselves local, people should realize that this isn't just for us, this is content that the whole world will be looking at, like the Russian content. Our plan from the beginning was to make content that we wouldn't have to revise for years, maybe even a decade, which is why we try to get everything done and on point before release so that we don't have to look back. But we are going to have to put a disclaimer on this pack when it is fully released. It doesn't require high end computers, but it shouldn't be expected that it'll work on anything lower than 2006, probably TC by now, and that it shouldn't be worked on by any generic computer. Like any high quality video game, these developers should know when to realize that computers, especially laptops, have their limits. I learned that a while back and I'm even learning that right now. I'm sorry, but we have to let these guys know that yes, this content requires a standard, either high or low poly, and if it cannot be achieved at that point then it should be thought on wisely to upgrade.

That is our official stance from here on out. We had a fierce (but friendly) debate about what was best for the community and this is the decision we've reached. We are trying to broaden our fanbase to include everybody, but there are some things that require decisions by you, the users, such as upgrading generic computers, outdated games and the like.

The stations are finished, and I am just running some tests over the week to ensure that they are bug free. We already went through last weekend's fiasco with the stations I released as place-holders. We don't need a repeat.

Night all, and I hope everyone understands where this "press release" is coming from. Please don't spam the thread--any comments or anyone who has taken issue with anything stated can take it up with me via PM, and we'll talk.

-A

I regret to inform the community that the subway stations kit release has been pushed back until next week, around December 25-26. This is due to the fact that earlier this evening I was involved in a serious car accident near my house, on my way to a group meeting. My car was totaled, and I was injured, but thankfully nothing life threatening. I will be spending the next few days recovering at home, and once I am able to sit at the computer for an hour or two at a time a day (doc doesn't recommend being stationary for long periods of time), I will resume work on exporting the models, and likewise, importing them into Trainz. BStyles IS back from Hong Kong, and he has given me all of the updated models, they're just sitting on my desktop waiting to be finished. The PART ONE of the station kit will include all normal station set ups, and will exclude custom layouts (Essex-Delancey, 59 St-Columbus Circle, DeKalb), as those require unique textures; those will be included in PART TWO of the station kit, along with the terminal pieces. Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and despite the setback, keep on Trainzing and showing off your awesome pictures in this thread!

Happy Holidays,

-A