Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Super Pack Development Thread over on Trainz Forums:

Will this station pack include the deep tunnel stations with rounded walls/ceilings such as Lexington Ave 53rd/42nd Streets' date=' B'way Nassau/High Street or Roosevelt Island[/quote']

No it won't. If you've read the thread and/or followed the development for the last two years, it's impossible to recreate all 468 NYCTA subway stations. This package is intended to cover the most widely used stations so that way you guys will be able to re-create a realistic route without a lot of back-breaking work. The tentative final listing for the Subway Station Kit is as follows (mind you, the tunnel kit is being currently finalized)....

The naming scheme has been simplified to help locate the stations easier. The # is how many tracks and the letter is the variation. A is normally local, B is express and C/beyond are variations. So "2A" is a 2 track local while "4B" is a four track express station. This naming scheme will be implemented on ALL stations, tunnels, tracks, etc for the entire kit. For the tracks, the numbers will be how many tracks, and the letters will just be used for different variations, in no specific order, so there could be a track 1J, 2E, 3C, etc.

Stations (will include start pieces, end pieces and splines)

Station 1A- simple 1T model

Station 1B- no trackside wall (for 'off-set stations')

Station 1C- IRT City Hall Loop

Station 2A- Side platforms

Station 2B- Island Platform

Station 2C- Island Station, one track side wall. [for offsets like Union Square IRT]

Station 2D- Bypass Station (Central Pk West & IRT on Eastern Pkwy)

Station 2E- Lexington Av/63 St

Station 3A- Side platforms

Station 3B- Island Platforms

Station 3C- BMT Essex/Delancey Sts

Station 4A- Side platforms

Station 4B- Island Platforms

Station 4C- Side & Island Platforms (42 St/PABT, IRT Penn Station, IRT Atlantic Av)

Station 4D- IND 59 St/Columbus Circle

Station 4E- BMT Chambers St

Station 6A- Side Platforms (135 St/St. Nicholas Av)

Station 6B- DeKalb Avenue

Station 6C- Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts

Terminals:

1A- Simple 1T terminal

2A- Side platforms (IRT Flatbush Av)

2B- Island Platform

3A- Island Platforms (Main St/Flushing)

4A- Island Platforms

4B- IRT Penn Station/Atlantic Av/IND 42-PABT

Miscellaneous Objects:

Stairs, Benches, Trash Cans, Maps, Advertisement Posters

Overhead Destination Signs with changeable textures [still working on gathering the entire library]

Train Arrival Boards with changeable textures [need to start a library]

Turnstiles, Booths, Elevators

Station Name Signs (hanging and wall-mounted)

Single & Double beams, light fixtures, side & island platforms

Please note that the miscellaneous portion of the kit will not be released before Thanksgiving. Our priority is releasing the subway stations/terminals and the tunnels before next weekend, so please refrain from asking when things are going to be released. If there is a change it WILL be posted here.

-A :wave:

He said the pic is his ,he took it from the warehouse

After the fact, yes. But it's still important to make that clear when you post a picture first. It may seem small potatoes to you, but it's a big deal. No hard feelings though Strain. We're just trying to protect you sir! But, the entrance does look really good!

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

We at BDC, International are still forging ahead with a release date of tomorrow for the Subway Stations & Tunnel Kit, part I. As a reminder, just the subway tunnels and station variants will be available in the kit. You will have all the basic station set ups, listed below. Custom station add-ons, custom tunnel add-ons, signs, and signals will not be part of this first release. Remember, this is a Super pack, so things will be released in phases.

Phase I Stations:

-1 Track: Normal, and without a trackside wall (for off-set stations)

-2 Track: Side platforms, Bypass station (Central Pk W) & Island platforms

-3 Track: Side platforms & Island platforms

-4 Track: Side Platforms, Island platform (normal express) and side/island combo [i.e. Penn Station or Atlantic Av on the IRT]

-6 Track: Local station (135 St on the B/C)

Phase I Tunnels:

-Will include all 1T to 4T tunnel variations.

Phase I Terminals:

1T, 2T side, 2T island, 3T island, 4T island, 4T Island/Side

The custom stations are going through a texture overhaul to be more realistic, and those will be released a short time after these initial ones. Along with the tunnels, these station variants should be very useful in getting you started on a route and should provide a really great foundation for whatever you have in mind. Remember, custom stations are just that---custom, so they probably wouldn't be used all that often. The custom station list includes City Hall Loop, Essex/Delancey, Lex/63rd, Chambers St, 59 St IND, Hoyt-Schermerhorn and DeKalb Avenue. Sit tight for those.

Remember those dozen or so trackside signs I released awhile back? Well, wasn't it kinda annoying to look through a dozen signs to find what you wanted? Guess what? Now you don't have to do that anymore. Thanks to a breakthrough using Streadway's fantastic BDSES script, I've created a programmable sign that uses both a texture library and editable text for use in the NYCTA system. You choose what sign background you'd like (Speed Limit, ST, GT, Diverge, etc), and program whether you want the top or bottom value showing (some signs have numbers on top, some on bottom) and voila! Your sign is made! Below is a screenshot of the menu and some possibilities of what you can have. Where there is no editable text needed for a sign, you can set both speed limit values to blank. So, no more sifting through signs! Just plunk one of these bad boys down and you're good to go! This will be included in the Phase II release along with my revamped signals and overhead destination signs. The overhead sign itself is finished, it's just the texture library that's being worked on--I never realized how many different sign readings are in the subway! Enjoy the holiday, and look forward to that release tomorrow. There is NO specified time, though it will be before midnight, so keep checking back here, or subscribe to the thread for alerts and a download link.

TracksideSign.png

P.S. To all the haters out there, we value your input as well. ahehe.gifacool.gif

Thanks guys. However, you'll notice that despite being under my KUID, BStyles IS credited as a co-creator in the config file, so this is shared work! Some of our projects (like this and the subway stations and terminals) will be joint projects, and others like signs/signals, el stations, el tracks, overhead signs, etc will be referenced as our respective solo works. Play around with these pieces gents, and please leave feedback in the NYCTA Support thread if there are any questions. P.S. Tunnels 3E, 3F, 4E and 4F have the center trackways 5m below the surface, so you'll need to raise them 5m off the base board to get that trackway to show (it's empty, so you'll have to manually add the tracks). The 1H-1J are transition pieces to hide any gaps when switching the way you drag and place tunnels, so you'll have to play around with those as well to get the desired result.

Just spoke to B, the subway stations will be ready sometime Monday evening. He's still fine-tuning them, and then I have to extensively test them. Oh fun :D:P. In the meantime, it's back to the overhead sign texture library (still about 150 signs to make!), and rebuilding my Brighton pieces.

-A ;)

It has come to my attention through Ish6 and others who have sent me IMs over AIM that there appears to be some problems and unnecessary prompts when trying to download the files from SendSpace. For now, please HALT ALL DOWNLOADS until you see that I have posted a new set of links. I know I'm not technically responsible for whatever happens to your computers, but the last thing I want is the first major download of this partnership to be plagued with unneeded crap from free websites. I'm working on this issue now and it should be rectified within the next hour or so.

-A awave.gif

New Download Links for the Subway Tunnel Kit are below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlsx3d7xxvixz5z

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hwfbk5v0k0zcb3

http://www.mediafire.com/?atq827raii9qv7q

http://www.mediafire.com/?4es6en2khk40rmd

http://www.mediafire.com/?b1eg5qqryy6pvfh

Sorry for the delayed inconvenience guys and thanks to those who were quick to point out the problems!

-A ;)

Thank you for the kind words! Big ups to BStyles as well!

-A ;)

P.S. Guys, I know it's still early---but start posting screenshots of your work with the new kit! I'm slowly replacing my Lexington Av route (the one that'll become the full IRT division route) with the new pieces, so expect pics soon. I'm really eager though to see what your imaginations produce!

I would definitely start posting things, but the sad thing is that all the old stations sets are faulty. The only ones that work are the 6T, and who uses the 6T these days :P.

In all honesty, I love the 6T, there is a 6T terminal at the beginning of all my routes, a 6T bypass as the second stop, a 6T side as the third stop.

Can't wait for the stations.

Edited by Brighton Express

Post the KUIDs of the faulty assets in the Support thread and I'll get on that ASAP. Thanks for the heads up!

No no no, they are not the new ones, they are just the old bridge splines that we used for stations. They don't matter too much, since the new pack is coming out, like tomorrow.

i dont like the sound of that but being the optimist that i am seeing as how B is in Hong Kong i doubt that hell be able to get the stations done by tomorrow and dont get me wrong im not trying to down talk him but im just saying. But anyway if we've waited this long for them whats another couple days.

P.S. Green im having trouble with adding your tunnels to the stations ill post a pic of what i mean later tonight so be on the look out if you can maybe around 12.

I think I know your problem, Strain. You cannot connect multi-track splines to other multi-track splines. If you're attempting to connect a multi-track tunnel to the currently available version of any of my multi-track stations, those tunnels leading into and out of the station need to be single track tunnels. It's not exclusive to our set, it's a universal rule when using multi-track splines in Trainz itself. This is because those 3-in-1 stations I created are technically "multi-track" splines. The new ones, when released, will be objects and splines. I might have a remedy to our issue with the deadline on the stations. We'll see!

-A ;)

Doing some minor tweaks to the overall visuals of the stations at the moment. What Ace said was right: you cannot connect the tunnels and the stations currently out, with multi-track splines. For now, a series of 10 extra tunnel parts, as well as a variety of single track tunnels will be available for use to remedy this problem. The stations will be tweaked here and there, as well as a minor fix to one of the tunnel parts, which seems to be facing in the wrong direction. Whoever figures this out gets free candy lol, but enjoy the package!

Now That the workload has been reduced I can focus more on returning the stations to Ace and resuming work on Phase 2 of the package: The Elevated and Phase 3: The Open Cut. Ace will be focusing on Phase 4: The Portals and we will collaborate once I've returned from Hong Kong. A New method of object building by using the Wavefront OBJ format and a simpler way of texturing I simply named "overlay" will be used to complete this pack, with pictures sure to come during the rest of the holiday season. Work will resume and hopefully be completed on the R142 in a timely manner (do not mistake this for soon, I just said "timely") which only need a few extra textures and a route texture animation before it can be released to the public. Honestly, the train is done with the exception of the route textures, and no you will not have it before then. My intention is to complete work so that you can enjoy it fully, as opposed to waiting for updates. Fair deal, no?

R160 is also back in the game. Thanks to the success of the exterior for OpenBVE I will be returning to work on the train directly after the completion of the R142. Directly after that, I will be coordinating with the developers on BVEStation on trying to see if we can't get these high quality trains over into Trainz, and if everything gets the green light, expect the R32, R38, hopefully the R40-46, R62, and R68 to be converted over for Trainz use. It excites me more than it excites you, I can guarantee that.

Edited by Bstyles

Doing some minor tweaks to the overall visuals of the stations at the moment. What Ace said was right: you cannot connect the tunnels and the stations currently out, with multi-track splines. For now, a series of 10 extra tunnel parts, as well as a variety of single track tunnels will be available for use to remedy this problem. The stations will be tweaked here and there, as well as a minor fix to one of the tunnel parts, which seems to be facing in the wrong direction. Whoever figures this out gets free candy lol, but enjoy the package!

It is Tunnel Object J. I knew I thought it looked exactly like one of the others.

R160 is also back in the game. Thanks to the success of the exterior for OpenBVE I will be returning to work on the train directly after the completion of the R142. Directly after that, I will be coordinating with the developers on BVEStation on trying to see if we can't get these high quality trains over into Trainz, and if everything gets the green light, expect the R32, R38, hopefully the R40-46, R62, and R68 to be converted over for Trainz use. It excites me more than it excites you, I can guarantee that.

*FISTPUMP*

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

We at BDC, International are still forging ahead with a release date of tomorrow for the Subway Stations & Tunnel Kit, part I. As a reminder, just the subway tunnels and station variants will be available in the kit. You will have all the basic station set ups, listed below. Custom station add-ons, custom tunnel add-ons, signs, and signals will not be part of this first release. Remember, this is a Super pack, so things will be released in phases.

Phase I Stations:

-1 Track: Normal, and without a trackside wall (for off-set stations)

-2 Track: Side platforms, Bypass station (Central Pk W) & Island platforms

-3 Track: Side platforms & Island platforms

-4 Track: Side Platforms, Island platform (normal express) and side/island combo [i.e. Penn Station or Atlantic Av on the IRT]

-6 Track: Local station (135 St on the B/C)

Phase I Tunnels:

-Will include all 1T to 4T tunnel variations.

Phase I Terminals:

1T, 2T side, 2T island, 3T island, 4T island, 4T Island/Side

The custom stations are going through a texture overhaul to be more realistic, and those will be released a short time after these initial ones. Along with the tunnels, these station variants should be very useful in getting you started on a route and should provide a really great foundation for whatever you have in mind. Remember, custom stations are just that---custom, so they probably wouldn't be used all that often. The custom station list includes City Hall Loop, Essex/Delancey, Lex/63rd, Chambers St, 59 St IND, Hoyt-Schermerhorn and DeKalb Avenue. Sit tight for those.

Remember those dozen or so trackside signs I released awhile back? Well, wasn't it kinda annoying to look through a dozen signs to find what you wanted? Guess what? Now you don't have to do that anymore. Thanks to a breakthrough using Streadway's fantastic BDSES script, I've created a programmable sign that uses both a texture library and editable text for use in the NYCTA system. You choose what sign background you'd like (Speed Limit, ST, GT, Diverge, etc), and program whether you want the top or bottom value showing (some signs have numbers on top, some on bottom) and voila! Your sign is made! Below is a screenshot of the menu and some possibilities of what you can have. Where there is no editable text needed for a sign, you can set both speed limit values to blank. So, no more sifting through signs! Just plunk one of these bad boys down and you're good to go! This will be included in the Phase II release along with my revamped signals and overhead destination signs. The overhead sign itself is finished, it's just the texture library that's being worked on--I never realized how many different sign readings are in the subway! Enjoy the holiday, and look forward to that release tomorrow. There is NO specified time, though it will be before midnight, so keep checking back here, or subscribe to the thread for alerts and a download link.

TracksideSign.png

P.S. To all the haters out there, we value your input as well. ahehe.gifacool.gif

are train stop signs,ie.the4,6,8 on black included in this?