Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Chugging along slowly, but surely! :P

2T Platform View

2TStationPlatform.jpg

2T Tunnel View, blue lights and marker signal! :eek:

2TTunnel.jpg

Once I fix the tiny error with the third rail being too close to the platform, the next layouts are the 2T Island, and the 2T Island One-Wall Variant (Union Sq (4)(5)(6) and 42 St (A)(C)(E))

-A :cool:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, lemme shed some light for you.

I get textures from various parts of the Tri-state ares, with my trusty Samsung TL110(whose lens is starting to jam since dropping it on the ferry). Those textures consist of anything, from the railroad tracks to the very stations themselves, and are all stored on an 80GB backup hard drive(its only 80GB because I don't expect to fill it up anytime soon. I'm not one of those idiots who takes pictures for no reason), so what whenever I need something I know where to find it.

Recently I've been letting other developers have access to that file library, but it takes a certain amount of skill to do so(as in i'm not giving out textures to anyone just because they need them). Green Eggs n' Pelham, and ExpressLine3Train on the Auran forums seems to be having no problem using these textures and they are doing great jobs with their projects.

Also, I'm an expert at photo manipulation. I don't use raw images on my models(the TL110 takes 4320x3240 images while in smart mode) so I take pieces of various images and put them together to form a texture database for one object, as you can see above, on the Auran forums, and over on BVEStation.

Gaps have been fixed on the 1T and 1T One Wall subway stations/end pieces:

1T One Wall station--used here to simulate an "off-center" station:

1TOff-sets.jpg

1T Station:

1TStation-1.jpg

(G) at 1T offset station:

GTrainat1TOffset.jpg

Since the A & B Division Cars are different widths, calculating the overhang to close the gaps was challenging...I did get it right up to the B-Div cars, but there is still a teeny gap for the A Division, but not enough to cause a fuss. I think you'll agree.

(4) Gap Check

DivAGap.jpg

(G) Gap Check

BDivGap2.jpg

Tunnel view of off-set platforms

1TOffsetTunnel.jpg

A & B Division gap check. An R46 attached to redbirds?? :eek: Only in fantasy land folks B)

1TStation2.jpg

BDivGap1.jpg

Now, because of the gap issues, all of the stations have to be re-done in skp and in gmax. So, let's celebrate 2 sets of stations/objects successfully in game. Now I've only got 22 sets to go! ;)

Oh, and in addition to the 16 that were listed before, after some research 8 more configs have been added to the list:

1T Abandoned Station

2T Abandoned Station

3T Abandoned Station

4T Abandoned Station

(^local station set ups)

2T Abandoned Station #2 (1) Old South Ferry Loops, one abandoned platform, one "in-service"

2T Wide Station- Classon Av on the (G) inspired this. Basically a 3T with no middle track and double pillars...but since it's only using 2T, it's 2T! Will feature a different paint scheme than its 3T cousin.

And two more 4 Track Versions:

4T Island #2 Station (1)(2)(3) 96th St

4T Island #3 Station (J)(Z) Chambers St

They look similar, but they aren't! :cool:

Next up--we are finishing the 1T stations! New 1T Bypass and 1T Abandoned Stations will be shown tomorrow night!

Enjoy!

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

Ever since this thread has been stickied I haven't been catching up with all this amazing work b\c Sticky threads apparently don't show latest posts until you actually get in the Simulators section.I'm loving the stations and the progress.I have been working on a project secretely which is now not a secret anymore and I'm not sure if I asked or anyone else asked but will you developers make elevated speed signs? And hows the timer with the 1 and 2 shot GT going?

I am in charge of the signs for the NYCTA as well---so I will be making signs that will be both tunnel mounted, ceiling mounted (OPTO & Car Stop signs only), and right and left hand versions of the signs for the el/surface portions. That project has been put on the back burner for now. If there is enough demand for it, I can move the project up and have the signs made and released by the end of the weekend. As it stands though, the stations take precedence because I know everyone is dying to see the finished products.

Also, I haven't gotten any word from my friend on the timers yet. He's been busy working on some other projects.

Ok thats cool I've been using other car markers but they don't have "car" its just a number.Will the speed sign actually work as a speed limit or it'll just be a sign and we'll have to put invisible speed signs near it b\c JeffMorris's speed signs the trains hit them.

They will just function as trackside signs since they are renameable. Because of that you will have to put invisible speed signs. Also the car markers with "car" underneath them are only used for reverse car movements on tracks used for layups. Those will be included as well. Normal car stop signs only have numbers

They will just function as trackside signs since they are renameable. Because of that you will have to put invisible speed signs. Also the car markers with "car" underneath them are only used for reverse car movements on tracks used for layups. Those will be included as well. Normal car stop signs only have numbers

Ok then thats fine with me I careless about the car markers now.Can't wait!

I just want to thank you to everyone for making this the most viewed thread in this topic so thanks guys.

And green eggs ive learned that people like spinles prob better than the actual stations so i was wondering if i could make some spinals for you and your route and you could texture them and use them ill have pic if your interested.

Edited by Strain

Well you guys like it? PM me if you want this Station next stop is General Hospital Last Stop for (Q)(N)(R) 2nd of 3 Hospital Stations next is General Hospital North Weekdays for (N) service, Weekends far (R) service.

Edited by Strain

Oh happy days i finally got my stuff into trainz yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:):P:):)

• 3 weeks later...
I might work my way downtown. Between 59 & 125, the trunk lines are pretty straight and laying just lines gets me a little bored sometimes :P

But, downtown....once you hit south of 14 St, it gets interesting. I've also modified Jeff Morris' bridge tracks to match the ones I'm using in my layout.

Also, I will update my R46 rollsigns, thanks to IRT's find with that website.

And just for fun, some old shots of my first Subway layout from June. It got deleted, hence having to restart!

Lenox-148Yard.jpg

Overhead of Lenox Yard

West4thInterlocking.jpg

West 4th Interlocking

SouthFerryComplex.jpg

South Ferry complex (Loops, new terminal, Lex line connection and Whitehall St from the B'way line)

Redbirds1.jpg

Rebird at Grand Central

ManhattanBrNorthSide.jpg

Manhattan Br north side portals (looking towards Grand St. those tracks have since been changed to the ones you see in other photos)

72StLayupsIRT.jpg

(3) on the "B" track north of 72 St

And finally, some Brooklyn love...

JatMarcyAv.jpg

R160 (J) at Marcy Avenue, ready to trek across the WillyB.

Enjoy :cool:

May i ask were did u get that R160 if it was at the download station can u give me the download link iv been trying to find an R160 for ever

Here are some new screenshots of the Signs package that I completed this weekend, they will be available on MediaFire by Friday--so check back for a link!

acelejalde_20110528_0002.jpg

acelejalde_20110528_0001.jpg

acelejalde_20110528_0000.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0011.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0010.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0009.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0008.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0007.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0006.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0005.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0004.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0003.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0002.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0001.jpg

acelejalde_20110527_0000.jpg

And before anyone gets crazy, the too-big font on the diverging speed sign, and the "20" being too close to the "MILES" on the tunnel sign HAVE been fixed already. So, no nitpicking, k?. Plus, I know that OPTO signs are not mounted to the floor in subway stations, but I included it to show the different versions. Below is a list of what signs will be in the content package. Each will have THREE different variations: Outside Right-Hand, Outside Left-Hand, and Tunnel (RH only). The ones with an asterisk next to them and bolded are NOT renameable. Also, the ST/GT combo sign will show both speeds as the same. I had to do this because with the script, if I make each one changeable, it'll have to be placed in the session layer, otherwise it will reset itself each time you re-open your route. It's a pain in the ass with the BART MP's right now that I'm trying to resolve.

So, Signs List:

Car Stop Sign (blank)

Car Reverse Sign (CAR printed on bottom. For reverse moves)

**4/6 Car Stop Sign

**8/10 Car Stop Sign

Diverging Speed Sign (D on top)

GT Speed Sign (GT on top)

GT/ST Speed Signs (GT/ST on top of their respective signs)

**OPTO Stop Sign

Resume Speed Sign (R on top)

Speed Limit Sign (MILES on bottom)

ST Speed Sign (ST on top)

**Time Control "T" Sign

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham