Extending Mailbox Limit

mark1447

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible to extend the PM limit in the Mailbox. I notice for a few years its been 50, but 50 isn't really much since saving messages via Folder counts within the limit into total. (Folder, Inbox, Sent, etc). In phpbb3 they don't have such limit altogether with folders.

It would be nice for 75 the least for stored messages, but this is a suggestion of course.

I get tired of my mailbox going straight to 100% and i can't get a PM behind this point.

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible to extend the PM limit in the Mailbox. I notice for a few years its been 50, but 50 isn't really much since saving messages via Folder counts within the limit into total. (Folder, Inbox, Sent, etc). In phpbb3 they don't have such limit altogether with folders.

It would be nice for 75 the least for stored messages, but this is a suggestion of course.

I get tired of my mailbox going straight to 100% and i can't get a PM behind this point.

Hi, my handle on NYCTF is B35 via Church...

...and I approve this message.

Hi, my handle on NYCTF is B35 via Church...

...and I approve this message.

I too think the PM limit should be expanded.

While I do agree with you somewhat, the staff will most likely tell you:

-Stop saving copies of your Sent PMs, and delete old ones.

-Take advantage of the Site Supporter perks listed here.

-And that increasing the message limit will always take a hit to the DB.

Yea sure, you can get it extended, by becoming a site supporter, which means donating to NYCTF. I gave $10 (a silver donation) and I got a 250 PM box limit, and it came with a few other perks.

If you want to donate just go here

Accepted answers.

Ok ill agree on contribution, help out and get something at a premium, but it would be nice to at least get a small raise here for those with the "basic" mailbox, As 50 is really not a lot, even when you save in a different folder. Now if making a folder were to give you 50 limit as well and 50 for the rest, then that would be good. Thats why i mentioned phpbb3 as there BB software does give limits per folder not by the entire mailbox itself. But 50 for everything seems to small.. Everytime this happens i gotta keep heading to the Sent box to delete some PMs and maybe download them as XML/TXT files for anything important which gets stressful at times.

I mean is there some limit in the SQL database/Server storage for messages being stored?

• 1 month later...
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to extend the PM limit in the Mailbox. It would be nice for 75 the least for stored messages, but this is a suggestion of course.

Yes it can. The storage for private messages has been increased to 100 for Senior Members. Sorry, I got caught up in other shit and forgot about this post. :cool:

Yes it can. The storage for private messages has been increased to 100 for Senior Members. Sorry, I got caught up in other shit and forgot about this post. :cool:

Nice! I really love how you make things work perfectly here.. Even an automatic increase in storage by rank.

But will the increase also become available to members who jump to the senior rank?

• 2 months later...
Cool. How do you become a Senior Member though? Does it have to do with post count, thanked posts, how long your registered?

Edit: I just realized the Senior Member under my handle but I still want to know how.

You become a Senior Member when you are here for a year or more.

Archived