Can our subway's handle the extra load?

Eastman346

I'm pretty sure the MTA will work with the City. While I strongly agree with Mayor Bloomberg and Speaker Quinn, I am worried about the East Side. Basically, the Lex lines will have to run every 1-3 minutes during rush and 5 during non-rush. I hope MDBFs go up this year...some proof the MTA can handle the anticipated load.

yes if they take out the timers and increase the speed of the trains.

That won't happen. They don't trust us "employees", using our own judgement, like they did with the old timers. That is why they have so much stuff in place in RTO, and so many people watching us at surface. With the "employees" now, they think they have a bunch of Spanish and ebonics speaking "monkeys" from the hood working for them. For they Caucasians who work for them......Well sometimes you have to hurt the ones you love, to get to the ones you distrust.

There is a reason why employees and monkeys are in quotes........Some will figure it out.

There is a reason why employees and monkeys are in quotes........Some will figure it out.

I have figured it out since i was 13 Years old, heh heh..

We had a guy in Schoolcar (who made it known several times about his collage "degree" he had) that "even a monkey" can learn this job...

Guess where he is now??

Not employed by the MTA...

With his collage degree and all he couldnt learn how to stop the train the right way.

He aced all the written tests,but he failed his road pratical TWICE(Yes they gave him a second chance).

So if a "Monkey" could do this job why isnt here down here??

Think about it....:cool:

It depends on which lines the BMT boadways line handle it as well as the eastern lines. but the A div cant handle it those R142/As are too fraigle for that kind of punishment they would really start breaking down. Unless they put CBTC on the lex then that will help..

ANY car would be too fragile for that kind of job. Even your oh so precious perfect GREATbirds.

WRONG a BMT standard could handle that kind of punishment. And the greatbirds would handle that job like its nothing. Watch when this congestion pricing gets put into effect. How they will have major car shortages becuase of so many R142/143/160s OOS with dead motor problems LOL.

We had a guy in Schoolcar (who made it known several times about his collage "degree" he had) that "even a monkey" can learn this job...

Guess where he is now??

With his collage degree and all he couldnt learn how to stop the train the right way.

He aced all the written tests,but he failed his road pratical TWICE(Yes they gave him a second chance).

Ha...not to get "off topic" or anything but I'll just say quickly that as someone who is IN college I see that attitude way too much. All about memorizing things not how to actually use em, gonna be interesting when these people start work..

Also seen the "too good for real work" attitude...when im here i work at a hockey rink, we keep it clean, help make ice sometimes, keep people out where they aint suppose to be, all that jazz...seen kids show up you hand em a broom or a mop and they want to quit on the spot. Well as far as jobs for students this one pays well and i work with good people so the joke's on them when im making $$$ on a saturday night and they're out blowing $$$ on a night theyre not even gonna remember anyway. i lucked out got a job lined up for next year and everything, now a lot of the kids who think college is just a mix of "the real world" (on MTV) and the movie animal house are gonna have to pay the piper when they haveta pound payment just to get a job as a paper pusher somewhere...

/end of rant B)

When we're REALLY going to be boned is when East Side Access is complete, and the SAS ain't ready yet

Why don't they just make the SAS elevated, get it done in a quarter of the time, no TBM's needed. Would make an interesting addition, and bring the rapid transit back to its roots of being elevated.

- Andy

Why don't they just make the SAS elevated, get it done in a quarter of the time, no TBM's needed. Would make an interesting addition, and bring the rapid transit back to its roots of being elevated.

- Andy

This would also decrease the groundwater pumping needed to keep the tunnel dry, and decrease the cost of lighting, and if done right would look really cool in conjunction with the east side access/CGT/highline redevelopment ideas.... Am i missing a huge reason for them not doing this?

- Andy

WRONG a BMT standard could handle that kind of punishment. And the greatbirds would handle that job like its nothing. Watch when this congestion pricing gets put into effect. How they will have major car shortages becuase of so many R142/143/160s OOS with dead motor problems LOL.

How would you know?

The redbirds went because it WAS TIME TO GO. They were beginning to rust and a lot of rust can appear and weaken steel in 5 years. I bet you loved the R142A five years ago.

How would you know?

The redbirds went because it WAS TIME TO GO. They were beginning to rust and a lot of rust can appear and weaken steel in 5 years. I bet you loved the R142A five years ago.

Dude a BMT standard desroyed ocean parkway station in the 60s. Those cars can handle congestion pricing as well as the greatbirds and R32-R42 fleets and the 75ft cars. They went though worst punishment in the 70s and 80s and still ran great in the 90s and this decade. The NTT CANNOT handle that kind of punishment due to many computerized parts end of story.

Dude a BMT standard desroyed ocean parkway station in the 60s. Those cars can handle congestion pricing as well as the greatbirds and R32-R42 fleets and the 75ft cars. They went though worst punishment in the 70s and 80s and still ran great in the 90s and this decade. The NTT CANNOT handle that kind of punishment due to many computerized parts end of story.

Never knew about the Standard destroying that station. A Standard did win a fight with both an R16 and an R27.

Guess where he is now??

Cause he was a loud Baboon, not a monkey.........

Some people outsmart themselves so much, that they can't do a simple task correctly..........

Guess where he is now??

Maybe he thought it was easy beacuse darius started stealing trains since he was 12. Maybe that guy heard the story about darius and thought operating trains was easy.....

Archived