Texas Rangers Majority Owner Greenberg rips Yankee fans calls some of them 'violent.'

Shortline Bus

Rangers Owner Chuck Greenberg Rips Yankees Fans, Guarantees Texas makes it to Game 7 in World Series

By Josh Alper AOL News MLB Blogger

"Casual observers of baseball who have experienced the Texas Rangers via broadcasts of their playoff games are likely under the impression that Nolan Ryan is the owner of the team. Despite the constant shots of him during games, he's merely team president and part of an ownership group. Chuck Greenberg seems hellbent on getting people to remember there's more to the team than just Ryan.

The Rangers' managing general partner and COO appeared on the Ben and Skin Show on KESN radio in Dallas Monday, and made a couple of pronouncements that are sure to get him more attention than he's gotten since buying the team earlier this year. He started by looking forward to World Series games that aren't yet guaranteed to happen.

"This series: It is going back to San Francisco," Greenberg said. "There's gonna be a Game 6. There's going to be a Game 7. Let's all hang in there and keep believing."

It's a little funny that Greenberg chose to channel a Journey song there. One of the highlights of the games in San Francisco has been the eighth-inning singalongs of the band's classic "Lights" featuring ex-lead singer Steve Perry joining in from the stands.

Yankees fans won't find the other bomb he dropped in his big bid for attention all that humorous, however. Greenberg went on to discuss how much he's enjoyed the Arlington crowds this postseason and compared them to what he saw in the Bronx during the ALCS.

I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I've seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment.'

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/11/01/rangers-owner-chuck-greenberg-rips-yankees-fans-guarantees-game/

I think you Texas Rangers and your dumb little town of Arlington is a embarrassment. Maybe over there with your puny ranches all you do is sit quiet and be idiots, but here in NYC, everything is always alive, and it ain't like your stupid fans aren't like that, stupid bankrupt b**ch.

Watch the Giants whip your puny asses, and then you could finally STFU and go back to your stupid ranch

Things like this happen at several games. The only reason this got so much publicity is because the Yanks will most likely sign Cliff Lee.

Is Greenberg doing this guys as a 'scare' tacit to get Lee back in Texas?

FYI. Greenberg is not from Texas, he oringally from Pittsburgh and tried for years to buy the Pirates unsuccesfully. He just lucky because he hooked up with Nolan Ryan a Texas hero down there.

Yes there a handful of jerk Yankee fans. So does every major pro sports team so what the point?

Things like this happen at several games. The only reason this got so much publicity is because the Yanks will most likely sign Cliff Lee.

I'll be suprised if he does sign with the Yanks after the way the fans treated his wife.but i do somewhat agree with what Greenberg says.

Some Yankees fans are violent...so what?

They're punk a-holes.

So are "some" fans from every other major, college, minor, and high school sports team in existence the world over.

That's a very broad brush he used with those comments. End result: Looks like he wasn't coloring inside the lines, so he's the one that looks stupid in the end.

Signed,

Big Bad Yankees Fan

violent yankee fans.... pfft...

If I'm that team's owner, I'd be far more worried about not signing a caliber player like Vladimir Guerrero (they're fools if they let him walk), and their star pitcher that goes by the name of Cliff Lee....

but if that isn't enough, this statement coming from an owner, is quite telling:

Let's all hang in there and keep believing

That's the difference between guys like George Steinbrenner & guys like this clown, Greenberg.

Steinbrenner COMMANDED the Yankees to go out there & give it what they got.

There is no hope... there is no faith... there is no belief.... Those are terms that losers use...

..and will continue to use until they know wtf winning feels like !

quoth the General B35 via Church....

never more.

violent yankee fans.... pfft...

If I'm that team's owner, I'd be far more worried about not signing a caliber player like Vladimir Guerrero (they're fools if they let him walk), and their star pitcher that goes by the name of Cliff Lee....

Bro. The Rangers late yesterday (11/4/10)did let Guerrero go. Although Vladimir can't play defense (any outfield position)he still can be a good DH for Texas and a nice secondary player to main core players i.e Hamilton, Young, Elvis(not that one lol )hitting in a healthy year like 2010 something like 20 Homers and 80-100 RBI's.

Archived