NYC Subway Fantasy Map Collaboration

Baseball02

Question about the (2)(5) to KP extension: shouldn't the direction be pointed 'north'? I'm assuming you are extending them via Flatbush Av. If so, you are going in the opposite direction.

ex: If I'm on Nostrand and facing 'up' -> Flatbush turns towards the right rather than left.

I'd have the (T) connect to the (J) around Chambers St and use the tunnel to get to Brooklyn. Send the (T) via 4th Av since the (M) no longer runs there and maybe have it go to 95th St in place of the (R). Terminate the (R) at Bay Pkwy for rush hours and 9th Av weekdays.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because it's a fantasy map, it doesn't mean throw logic and common sense out the window.

If it's a fantasy map, everything is permitted in my view.

But OK, let's put an end to this discussion. Just curious if any of my proposed extensions will show up on the map :cool:

No one has added a new line yet... I would like to see a good idea of a line that could be added.

OK, how about a realistic extension: extend the Astoria line to LGA.

For a new trunk line, I'd suggest something running below Tenth Av or Fifth Av. This proposal might give you some inspiration for a Fifth Av trunk line.

putting a rail line in the vicinity of the Bx15/55 is unnecessary.

How is putting a rail line where the Bx15/55 is unnecessary? It's actually needed there.

Also, Version 4 is here!

nycfantasysubwaymap.png

(2)/(5) to Kings Plaza direction fixed. (2 goes local, 5 goes express now)

LaGuardia Airtrain added.

I would've preferred the (:o local and the (Q) express. One of the things that irks me is how no matter which train I choose at the Coney Island terminal, I cannot have a definitively faster choice to Manhattan/Queens. I often take either the (N) or the (Q) to Queensboro Plaza for the (7)<7> and it's wasteful to take an express (N) to Canal Street only to have my time eaten up by waiting for an express (Q) (which might not even show up fast enough to get me to Queensboro Plaza first) to go up Broadway. Either the (Q) or the (N) should be the express in Manhattan and Brooklyn—not the half-assed routes they are now.

Fixed the Q train. It goes through 63rd Street now.

nycfantasysubwaymap.png

Also, sorry about two Gun Hill Av Stations. The actual names are:

Gun Hill - White Plains Rds (2, 5, D, T)

Gun Hill Rd - Seymour Ave (5, D, T)

The names don't fit on the map.

Also, the new 2/5 track map. Post if you think the 5 should only run on only one track instead of two...

fantasybrooklyn25trackm.png

I think you should extend the (7)<7> one stop east to Bell Boulevard. The intersection of Bell and Northern Boulevards is a very busy area with many shops, restaurants and banks close by. You also have two bus routes, the (Q13) and (Q31), running on Bell, a lot of pedestrian traffic and even a few low-rise office buildings in the area. A subway stop there would be very well used.

Also, I think it might be better to connect the LGA Airtrain to the (N) and (W) trains at Astoria Boulevard instead of Ditmars. That way, the Airtrain can run entirely along the Grand Central Parkway right-of-way instead of running along local streets and arousing the wrath of the NIMBYs who fought so many times to keep the (N) from being extended to the airport. By the way, good idea to bring back the (W) train, which should not have been eliminated in the first place.

Also, what about an (E) train extension to Southeast Queens? That would certainly be well-used.

Nostrand Av is way too narrow to support a 4-track line. Church Av is impossible to have on a single level. Express tracks would have to be below the local tracks [like how Lexington Av is]. That plus there's no need for express service. All local is fine.

The (5) could go to KP, and you can have the (2) end at Flatbush-Nostrand since it's long enough.

Nostrand Av is way too narrow to support a 4-track line. Church Av is impossible to have on a single level. Express tracks would have to be below the local tracks [like how Lexington Av is]. That plus there's no need for express service. All local is fine.

The (5) could go to KP, and you can have the (2) end at Flatbush-Nostrand since it's long enough.

Only problem is that Flatbush -Nostrand is only two tracks, having the (2) turnaround could cause jams

Archived