NYC Subway Fantasy Map Collaboration

Baseball02

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The <1> doesn't make sense... there is no middle track between Dyckman and 157 Street, so express service is a no there. If you want express; 242 St to Dyckman, local all the way to 157, then express to 96 Street.

(1): All stops.

(9): 242 Street, Rector Street.:P

The old South Ferry did handle both the (1)/(9) back in the old days. Unless you meant the (9) terminates there, and turns around via the unused loops. :P

Mistakes:

The Bronx: What's the station between 180 St/Bedford Pk Blvd?

Queens: I don't see what's the diamond (J) needed for.

Manhattan: The <1> service is not needed. This is just like the failed (1)(9) skip-stop service.

I don't think that South Ferry Station need to handle 5 lines. Not every line needs to stop at South Ferry.

Brooklyn: I don't see why the DeKalb Avenue Station need to handle 6 lines. Like what Law said, the (U) should go super express so there will not be a bunch to delays.

There shouldn't be a rush-hour (R) route to the West End. The (D) is good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this thread. I have a few suggestions (NIMBY's be damned!):

1) Extending the (A) northbound from 207th/Broadway under the Harlem River to the Bronx, up Riverdale Avenue from W. 230th Street and up the Henry Hudson Parkway and Riverdale Avenue to 263rd Street, serving Riverdale.

2) Instead of sending both the (2) and (5) to Kings Plaza, split the (2) off at Flatlands Avenue, running East past Starrett City, then turning SE at Vandalia Avenue and running to Gateway Plaza.

3) Always felt the (F) should run express from Church to Jay St, stopping at 7th Avenue and Bergen Street (Lower). The (G) can handle the local stops.

4) Eliminate the (L) to the Javits Center. Run it to 10th Avenue/14th Street/Chelsea Piers. Extend the (7) down 11th Avenue/West Street, stopping at 23rd, 14th, Gansevoort, Houston, Canal, Chambers and end at the World Financial Center.

How does all this sit?

Archived