Subway Station Cleaning

chrisliz09

I had the best talk with some guys that clean the stations after 11 on any day of the week, they do the best too clean the stations i see them use high powered water and wash down everything from the floors to the signs. does anyone see this at night and what do you think about this does it help keep the stations clean and are they doing a good job to help keep stations cleaned.

I had the best talk with some guys that clean the stations after 11 on any day of the week, they do the best too clean the stations i see them use high powered water and wash down everything from the floors to the signs. does anyone see this at night and what do you think about this does it help keep the stations clean and are they doing a good job to help keep stations cleaned.

they are called the mobile wash team. they hit different stations everyday. they do work hard but the pigs that use the system make it seem like noone cleans.

they are called the mobile wash team. they hit different stations everyday. they do work hard but the pigs that use the system make it seem like noone cleans.

yea i know the name of the crew MWU, and yes i know the ppl say that its the MTA fault that the stations are dirty and a mess but i see them clean stations every nite fully so i say its the pigs that ride the trains too

I have seen them at various station in Manhattan and Queens after mindnight comming home from work.

It like night to day with how much clearner the station look.

(Last night at the Chambers station for the A and C line, the floor was almost shinny)

The problem seen that there isn't enough of these crews to reclean the same stations often.

Within a few days, the station are dirty again.

I have seen them at various station in Manhattan and Queens after mindnight comming home from work.

It like night to day with how much clearner the station look.

(Last night at the Chambers station for the A and C line, the floor was almost shinny)

The problem seen that there isn't enough of these crews to reclean the same stations often.

Within a few days, the station are dirty again.

they do the stations twice a week and than if they dont get there every station is dont by the station attendant, if they see they need a clean but mostly they do it 2 times a week a station. and yea if they do this at nite why is the stations dirty so fast in the middle of the day, with stations being cleaned every so often with station cleaners? i feel its the people that are so nasty

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of station cleaning, there is this huge-ass dead rat on the tracks at 34th Street-Herald Square on the Brooklyn bound ®/(N) local track. I've watched it get dirtier and dirtier with dust and grime for a week. It makes me so nauseous every damn morning, and I've seen a shitload of rats before- this one is just decomposing and particularly nasty.

Anyone have a good number to call about this? I tried the general MTA helpline (the 718 number) but they were useless.

Why don't you just go down there and eat it. Just kidding don't really do it.

I have got a better idea. Why doesn't the (MTA) put small male (only male) cats down there that can't be run over by trains to catch and eat the mice. We could neuter them just in case. It would be the (MTA)'s own rat killing authority, and they don't have to feed them.

As you say usually during the later hours of the night... Unfortunately twice a week isn't enough. This is needed once a day. There are just too many people passing through the stations for it to be kept clean doing it twice a week.

But yes, considering that they cut back on staff I think the cleaners try hard to a decent job, but they need more help.

Archived