Differences from A Divison Shuttle to B Division Shuttle

Calvin

On most Frankin Av Shuttle/Rockaway Park Shuttle, the conductor does OPTO (except summer weekends for Rock Park S). I was wonsering why the 42 St Shuttle has a train operator and a conductor in the end of the car even though Shuttles is OPTO

On most Frankin Av Shuttle/Rockaway Park Shuttle, the conductor does OPTO (except summer weekends for Rock Park S). I was wonsering why the 42 St Shuttle has a train operator and a conductor in the end of the car even though Shuttles is OPTO

So he wouldn't have to waste time constantly walking from end to end.

Also keep in mind that since her rehabilitation in 1998-1999, the Franklin Avenue Shuttle is one track with 175 foot long platforms at Franklin Avenue and Park Place and 175 foot long platforms (two tracks) at Botanic Garden. The Franklin Avenue Shuttle was rebuilt perfect for OPTO.

IIRC (Off the top of my mind), the (H) generally has twenty minute headways on her Broad Channel - Beach 116th Street-Rockaway Park run.

The 42nd Street (S)huttle have strictly T/Os so that's 4 jobs their (6 during rush hour.) They only allowed to stay at the end points for exactly 120 second. (2 mins for the people who doesn't know how to convert minutes to seconds off the top of their heads.) They operate at just about top speed between station, (50-Track 1,4 and 55 track 3) It makes about 139 round trips daily, it's is the busiest subway line in the system by far. And it's a shuttle.

Now let fast forward to the Rockaway (S)huttle which really isn't a shuttle at all. It's a shorten version of the (H) line and it by far the LONGEST daily shuttle in the system. Broad Channel to Rockaway Park is sometimes a 30 Min ride. The line was built as a LIRR Commuter Line.

Then the Franklin (S)huttle is only true B Division shuttle since it's short and sweet. Enough was already explained about this one.

Archived