New Icons

NX Express

What is the purpose of the new icons? (icon_news.png, icon_photo.png). Are prefixes not enough? Besides, they take up extra space.

What do you think the purpose of the icons are for?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lol mabey its Required now.

These will not be required. If you create a photo thread you now have an option to add a post icon to it. Simple.

Thank you Harry, Zach, and East New York. I like the new icons for news, photo, and video. The soft color background make them stand out.

I gotta give you credit! You're always improving and making NYC Transit Forums nicer for us, the members. Subway route bullets, 1970's subway route bullets, bus route bullets and now the new icons for us to use and distinguish our posts with. They're all appreciated.

So here's the purpose of the icons in case anyone of you haven't gotten it yet. Instead of using prefixes to mark a thread, we want to try out using icons instead, using the space in the post icon column. This way thread titles are aligned left on the thread column. Just makes things a little more neater and even easier to find information.

I can see the new icons just fine. :tup: Kudos goes to the Administration Team for replacing them (yet again :)) with tiny images. Even though I liked the previous icons too. B)

Basically we just want to get rid of the thread prefixes to all but one forum. The thread prefixes just don't look good anymore and we feel like using the post icons more often. It'll take a little getting used to but it shouldn't be too bad.

Archived