Passenger attacks B/O for driving slow

Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, so no one can say anything bad about B/Os on here?

It's not necessarily saying anything "bad" but more like being overly critical. He expects the job of a train or bus operator to be perfect when that's impossible...everyone's bound to have their difficulties on any job and in the case of a TA worker they have it rough, dealing with the rowdy public for 40 hours a week. It does take its toll on a person.

Hey buddy I wanna see you say some shit to me since I know you and you know me so lets see how far you take this answer

I don't wanna see bad talk against any ops

I have nothing negative to say about your operation as a B/O since I have never been on your bus, but I think it's a bit much to not allow people to have negative comments about an operators operation. While I do agree that the OP has gone over board with his comments and unnecessary criticism, I think it is only right that in an intelligent and well thought out discussion, that unsafe or unprofessional actions by operators can be talked about.

It's not necessarily saying anything "bad" but more like being overly critical. He expects the job of a train or bus operator to be perfect when that's impossible...everyone's bound to have their difficulties on any job and in the case of a TA worker they have it rough, dealing with the rowdy public for 40 hours a week. It does take its toll on a person.

Correct so hey Members let me make perfectly clear to stay out of this convo if you have any more negative to say against us or all will be on my shit list So until the sleeping mods in here erase this shit I don't want to hear it

IND stay out of it

I have nothing negative to say about your operation as a B/O since I have never been on your bus, but I think it's a bit much to not allow people to have negative comments about an operators operation. While I do agree that the OP has gone over board with his comments and unnecessary criticism, I think it is only right that in an intelligent and well thought out discussion, that unsafe or unprofessional actions by operators can be talked about.

Hey our gonna sit their and tell me we gotta take this shit well sunday me and who ever has anything bad to say about our Hard job plz tell it to my f n face and I'm damn sure the f n keyboard wont save my anger towards you and anybody for that matter so don't bring it with me I m not in the mood to hear it from anyone else

I'm sick I'll take you all on don't test me

He does complain, but he does understand the problems that bus drivers face, and he was the one who posted this article up in the first place and agreed that the passenger was wrong.

See these posts:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356963&postcount=62

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356800&postcount=36

He is saying that there are good and bad bus drivers. Then, he suggests ways to keep buses on schedule-you may not agree with them, but they are his thoughts, and reasonable thoughts. From his perspective as a public transportation user, buses should be consistant. Obviously, all bus drivers can say that there are plenty of conditions and that they shouldn't be put under that kind of pressure.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Now, should they b*tch and moan on these forums about all of their problems with bus service? No, but if they have reasonable thoughts and solutions, they should be allowed to share them.

He does complain, but he does understand the problems that bus drivers face.

See these posts:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356963&postcount=62

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356800&postcount=36

He is saying that there are good and bad bus drivers. Then, he suggests ways to keep buses on schedule-you may not agree with them, but they are his thoughts, and reasonable thoughts. From his perspective as a public transportation user, buses should be consistant. Obviously, all bus drivers can say that there are plenty of conditions and that they shouldn't be put under that kind of pressure.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Now, should they b*tch and moan on these forums about all of their problems with bus service? No, but if they have reasonable thoughts and solutions, they should be allowed to share them.

Fine share them you punk ass bitccch but I will Reply and I will you got my word

If this is going to turn into a name-calling contest, this thread should just be closed.

What are F n kidding me this thread should be locked soley for the Beating up

and no respect for Bus Ops but Noo some punk ass peeps letting this shit go O I'm pissed ......every god damn thread EVERY one has slipped by and nobody has said nothing so How the hell can I let this fly you tell me huh

I swear these threads better get erased or something and don't act dumb with me cuz this ain't work and I will tell anybody off if I have to

Hey our gonna sit their and tell me we gotta take this shit well sunday me and who ever has anything bad to say about our Hard job plz tell it to my f n face and I'm damn sure the f n keyboard wont save my anger towards you and anybody for that matter so don't bring it with me I m not in the mood to hear it from anyone else

I'm sick I'll take you all on don't test me

So tell me this, if a B/O is running red lights, speeding, or doing something to jeopardize the safety of customers or the general public, I can't say anything with out offending you?

So tell me this, if a B/O is running red lights, speeding, or doing something to jeopardize the safety of customers or the general public, I can't say anything with out offending you?

God damn it are you all retarted huh INDman look Sunday I'm sure we are gonna talk ok like Men cuz this keyboard shit is not me .

This is about bashing us where the hell do you see speeding huh tell me bra where ??Get it stay in your lane I am not in the mood for another Via jabroni

This thread and the other ish is about running to slow

Man I read the posts in this thread and all I have to say is some of you guys say some real stupid shit. For all of y'all that think we are supposed to drive the speed limit just stop thinking that right now. In training the say we are to drive 10mph below the posted speed limit so that means we should generally drive at 20mph. But let me take it a step further, THE SCHEDULE THAT WE FOLLOW IS ACTUALLY BASED ON US DRIVING 15MPH and that's for local buses, im not sure about express buses. So don't be mad at us for driving slow, we are paid to get you from point a to b safely no matter how long it takes.

Man I read the posts in this thread and all I have to say is some of you guys say some real stupid shit. For all of y'all that think we are supposed to drive the speed limit just stop thinking that right now. In training the say we are to drive 10mph below the posted speed limit so that means we should generally drive at 20mph. But let me take it a step further, THE SCHEDULE THAT WE FOLLOW IS ACTUALLY BASED ON US DRIVING 15MPH and that's for local buses, im not sure about express buses. So don't be mad at us for driving slow, we are paid to get you from point a to b safely no matter how long it takes.

They expect a fast and quick ride, but yet if a driver goes to fast then they will say he/she is driving crazy and has no reguard for human life.

They just see what the 2.25 lets them see........they dont see the crap the MTA gives us inside the depot/job!

Thanks Fellow Operators Thanks

Moral of the story?

Everybody's only human. B/Os don't deserve half the grief they get from passengers. But passengers are, again, only human. And they don't mean to snap, but occasionally they do. It's a shame for both parties, but it happens.

Don't bash a B/O physically or verbally. Don't bash a passenger for losing their patience. Everybody is doing their best, and everybody's only human.

That woman shouldn't have hit the driver, and hopefully you two won't hit each other.

Respect the B/Os.

That's it. To calm the mood:

I gues you can say the same when you walk into walmart and ask a girl where dvds are and she says idk.

Archived