Passenger attacks B/O for driving slow

Via Garibaldi 8

NO ONE at the MTA likes to be criticized... NO ONE wants to take accountability for anything, from the Agency to the Transit Workers' Union, to the workers themselves. NO ONE is responsible for anything and the passengers are supposed to keep paying their money and shut up, even IF they don't use the system because of course they have no right to complain about anything. If I decide tomorrow to stop using the MTA, I'll still be supporting the MTA through other taxes that they collect. The MTA should be privatized, period, and tax payers shouldn't be held responsible for their inability to balance their budget and run the agency WITH accountability.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually would agree with you if it was that simple.

But it is what it is, idga crap. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not putting that much energy into a bus, it's not that serious.

I'm sorry but there could be a day that you decide to just "go by the schedule" and your bus runs into a snafu that's hard to get around, such as a car crash, a down tree, or god forbid...traffic. It does happen, both along the surface and the subway and people take things for granted these days....

Yes ten minutes can make a huge difference, it can be the factor that decides if you're reliable enough to get to work on time when you're a tad late to your job interview so I'm not gonna go with the assumption that everything's a-okay in happyland. Things CAN AND DO go wrong, and that's not from a pessimistic POV, that's looking at a situation at a realistic POV.

Not aimed at anyone in specific, just a general statement: leave the house earlier, peoples, and stop whining and making sob stories so others can feel sorry for you cuz I sure as hell don't.

NO ONE at the MTA likes to be criticized... NO ONE wants to take accountability for anything, from the Agency to the Transit Workers' Union, to the workers themselves. NO ONE is responsible for anything and the passengers are supposed to keep paying their money and shut up, even IF they don't use the system because of course they have no right to complain about anything. If I decide tomorrow to stop using the MTA, I'll still be supporting the MTA through other taxes that they collect. The MTA should be privatized, period, and tax payers shouldn't be held responsible for their inability to balance their budget and run the agency WITH accountability.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Blame upstate. NYC for the most part more than contributes its fair share via the fare revenues. If MTA bus, NYCT bus and the subways were all city controlled, then maybe things would be better off.

I'm sorry but there could be a day that you decide to just "go by the schedule" and your bus runs into a snafu that's hard to get around, such as a car crash, a down tree, or god forbid...traffic. It does happen, both along the surface and the subway and people take things for granted these days....

Yes ten minutes can make a huge difference, it can be the factor that decides if you're reliable enough to get to work on time when you're a tad late to your job interview so I'm not gonna go with the assumption that everything's a-okay in happyland. Things CAN AND DO go wrong, and that's not from a pessimistic POV, that's looking at a situation at a realistic POV.

Not aimed at anyone in specific, just a general statement: leave the house earlier, peoples, and stop whining and making sob stories so others can feel sorry for you cuz I sure as hell don't.

I agree but maybe it's just me but these "snafus" happen 50% of the time I take the bus. Just like yesterday when the 2nd bus flat out didn't come for 40 minutes. But half the time I'm just assed out lol.

When I used to take 2 buses 10 minutes used to make a huge difference so I fully understand what you're saying but now with 3 buses luck plays a huge part in everything, 3 does bring the reliability all the way down. I have to strategize a lot more "how can I get up this little hill before that bus passes this intersection?" and I seriously caught the Q4 last night like that. Because I know once a bus leaves you never know when the next one's coming, this cold is too dangerous for that. I'm always adding and subtracting the time, deducting this from that and using facts, theories, & estimations. So for me it's not a matter of getting to the bus stop early (I can only leave so early anyways) but "how is this gonna pan out and what route to take" (I have 3 routes) and the quickest one involves a bus that comes very infrequently so I have a lot to consider.

Everyday is a Time Crises. B)

Sorry to go semi-off topic.

Blame upstate. NYC for the most part more than contributes its fair share via the fare revenues. If MTA bus, NYCT bus and the subways were all city controlled, then maybe things would be better off.

It's well known that the State has underfunded the MTA for years, but the city hasn't contributed it's full share either. Nonetheless, the MTA and Jay Walder seem to think that "becoming fiscally sound" means not replacing drivers that are out sick with backups, thus meaning no bus for the passengers. What really irks me is how they're allowed to get away with it... Again, no accountability and I for one have certainly been writing my representatives for changes. I am hoping that some of the newly elected officials will start holding the MTA more accountable and I applaud the recent efforts to get them to open their books to see where taxpayer is going.

Now this new connection at Lawrence St. is an example of the MTA overspending. From what I've seen it looks uber fancy for an agency crying poverty. Sure I know it's part of the capital budget, but can't they find ways to cut costs there? I mean do we really need all of these fancy mosaics when we can't deal with a rain coming into the system??

I agree but maybe it's just me but these "snafus" happen 50% of the time I take the bus. Just like yesterday when the 2nd bus flat out didn't come for 40 minutes. But half the time I'm just assed out lol.

When I used to take 2 buses 10 minutes used to make a huge difference so I fully understand what you're saying but now with 3 buses luck plays a huge part in everything, 3 does bring the reliability all the way down. I have to strategize a lot more "how can I get up this little hill before that bus passes this intersection?" and I seriously caught the Q4 last night like that. Because I know once a bus leaves you never know when the next one's coming, this cold is too dangerous for that. I'm always adding and subtracting the time, deducting this from that and using facts, theories, & estimations. So for me it's not a matter of getting to the bus stop early (I can only leave so early anyways) but "how is this gonna pan out and what route to take" (I have 3 routes) and the quickest one involves a bus that comes very infrequently so I have a lot to consider.

Everyday is a Time Crises. B)

Sorry to go semi-off topic.

You don't have a lot to contend with... They'd just tell you to arrive earlier and dress warmer as if we're a bunch of morons... lol

You don't have a lot to contend with... They'd just tell you to arrive earlier and dress warmer as if we're a bunch of morons... lol

Lmfao I know right.

And Staten Island & Nassau County have it the worst, probably followed by East Queens. So I know you probably have it worse than me. I'm not late all the time but I am late fairly often.

Lmfao I know right.

And Staten Island & Nassau County have it the worst, probably followed by East Queens. So I know you probably have it worse than me. I'm not late all the time but I am late fairly often.

And Staten Island has a ton of hills to contend with too, so my walk is a good 10 - 15 minutes to the express bus. If the last X30 decides that he wants to arrive early, I have to walk down to the last X14, and if he decides to come early, then it's off to backup plan 3... Call car service and take that to the X12 and hope that I can catch the guy that comes early because the guy behind him is usually 20 minutes late. LOL

NJT is different than the MTA, if I'm riding the 319 I'm not gonna get upset that we didn't arrive in Wildwood in 3 hours, I've been on that bus for nearly 4 hours and as short as 2.5 hours. That ride varies a lot.

I obviously know NJT is different. I was born and raised in the Bronx and know they both are different. Alot of my family works for the MTA.

Im just po'd because people think the B/Os are doing this on purpose.

If people really have a problem with a slow driver. Take a earlier bus, get a car, or walk, or take the train.

I wasnt talking to you in general, im talking about the general public who has a problem with everything.

And why we are on bashing us B/O's I bet half of you are the ones who get on a local when you could get on the limited and be there 10 15 mins faster by taking the Limited and then want to stand at the front while the bus is empty or fill up the local at a limited stop with a limited there also and then people at local stops cant get on cause you idiots filled it to the line. Shall I go on?

I obviously know NJT is different. I was born and raised in the Bronx and know they both are different. Alot of my family works for the MTA.

Im just po'd because people think the B/Os are doing this on purpose.

If people really have a problem with a slow driver. Take a earlier bus, get a car, or walk, or take the train.

I wasnt talking to you in general, im talking about the general public who has a problem with everything.

I know there's some great drivers out there that really do care and are very dedicated and do their best to get passengers to their destinations safely and on time and those drivers I always thank upon exiting. However, there are some real douchebag drivers as well that are just rude and nasty for no reason, just like you have good passengers and douchebag passengers. As far as NJ Transit drivers go and transportation there, I've only used the coach buses (162, 163, 164 and a few others) and they are pretty good. They come right on time, drive safely and are overall courteous. In sum, you have good and bad in all. I just wish you would acknowledge that.

And why we are on bashing us B/O's I bet half of you are the ones who get on a local when you could get on the limited and be there 10 15 mins faster by taking the Limited and then want to stand at the front while the bus is empty or fill up the local at a limited stop with a limited there also and then people at local stops cant get on cause you idiots filled it to the line. Shall I go on?

But if you could just make some sense out of your sentences, I'd appreciate it. Besides, it's only fair to see both sides of view.

:tup:

It's well known that the State has underfunded the MTA for years, but the city hasn't contributed it's full share either. Nonetheless, the MTA and Jay Walder seem to think that "becoming fiscally sound" means not replacing drivers that are out sick with backups, thus meaning no bus for the passengers. What really irks me is how they're allowed to get away with it... Again, no accountability and I for one have certainly been writing my representatives for changes. I am hoping that some of the newly elected officials will start holding the MTA more accountable and I applaud the recent efforts to get them to open their books to see where taxpayer is going.

Now this new connection at Lawrence St. is an example of the MTA overspending. From what I've seen it looks uber fancy for an agency crying poverty. Sure I know it's part of the capital budget, but can't they find ways to cut costs there? I mean do we really need all of these fancy mosaics when we can't deal with a rain coming into the system??

Not to get off topic. Yes the (MTA) has overspened on many projects. However you forgot about the nearly 20 years it took the DOT to rebulid the Manhattan Bridge and 4th Ave/Brighton Line riders lost a direct ride to the 6th Ave coordior?

Sorry Garibaldi 8 disagree with that one. Lets talk more about in that thread. Now back to topic of this idiot beating this bus driver.

I don't mind drivers driving slow. They are being cautious and trying not to get into an accident. I always thank the B/O at the end of the ride for getting me to my destination safely, no matter how slow they're driving. I hope this bitch learns from her 7 years of prison.

Not to get off topic. Yes the (MTA) has overspened on many projects. However you forgot about the nearly 20 years it took the DOT to rebulid the Manhattan Bridge and 4th Ave/Brighton Line riders lost a direct ride to the 6th Ave coordior?

Sorry Garibaldi 8 disagree with that one. Lets talk more about in that thread. Now back to topic of this idiot beating this bus driver.

You misunderstood my post... I have no problem with the connection. I take issue with the overspending for fancy mosaics and the like... No need for that. The focus should be on service and getting passengers from point A to point B. Are mosaics and fancy tiles nice to look at? Sure, but are they necessary?? NO, especially when you're broke like the MTA is. Now that I found the other thread, we can discuss this in further detail.

That works if you are dealing with a frequent limited like the Q44, but when you are dealing with a bus that is infrequent, it is often faster to take whatever shows up first.

For example, I live near the S44/S94 and S59 local routes and the S89 limited-stop route. 9 times out of 10, the first bus I see will be the first to get me to my destination.

But if you could just make some sense out of your sentences, I'd appreciate it. Besides, it's only fair to see both sides of view.

:tup:

LMAO!!! Like, LMFAO, arrogance at work. Brilliant I say, just brilliant!

You just love to bash the B/O like you think you can do a better job than they can. Do you have a CDL? I'm guessing not. If only you knew how difficult the life of a civil service worker was then maybe, just MAYBE you'd quit it with the damn bitching and whining, build a bridge and get the heck over yourself! It's about time I say something because your attitude stinks to high hell that it's not even funny.

I'm ready for whatever sarcastic response you have to throw back at me. Please go right ahead and don't hold yourself back....

A Thanks is in Order for the peeps that stick up for us and the Understanding that we have to go through but we can't win not even in here ,You stupid kid first you bitch about Bus ops running Hot but now you take it and reverse it by posting this all knowing what some REAL bus ops would say ,Sure we have Timepoints ,Sure you knew that so Your confused and very much misguided .

It is sad to hear this but its Everyday ops get hurt So let me say this Gijabroni what ever your name is ,I'm sick and F n tired of seeing beat up the bus op threads in this Forum ....Early ,Late ,Off Route ,If you wanna know so much then become one of us but stop your bitccching about how we do our Day to Day Operations ok shut up already I'm getting really pissed off ..

This goes out to the Mods in here ,You all know me well Enough not to tolerate this shit in here ok .I want it Addressed that this kid is to Shut the hell up and not talk bad about Bus Ops any more /I want this done Immediately .We have Prof. Bus and Train ops in here and this bashing has to stop ,Don't get me started don't / ....Get this done

Jabroni I was trying to be nice but kid you've crossed the line

LMAO!!! Like, LMFAO, arrogance at work. Brilliant I say, just brilliant!

You just love to bash the B/O like you think you can do a better job than they can. Do you have a CDL? I'm guessing not. If only you knew how difficult the life of a civil service worker was then maybe, just MAYBE you'd quit it with the damn bitching and whining, build a bridge and get the heck over yourself! It's about time I say something because your attitude stinks to high hell that it's not even funny.

I'm ready for whatever sarcastic response you have to throw back at me. Please go right ahead and don't hold yourself back....

As you can see ,I am not the only pissed off Member not to mention Bus Op so I want Action taken ASAP cuz if this little shiiit can whine well so can all of us to get him out

As you can see ,I am not the only pissed off Member not to mention Bus Op so I want Action taken ASAP cuz if this little shiiit can whine well so can all of us to get him out

I seriously don't understand it one bit...first we had this moron from Long Island complaining his ass off about HVAC and now you have this Via whatever character who likes to complain about...well, everything. At first I cut him slack but it's gone out of hand. All this hating on the ops has gotta end already, their job isn't easy so how does this guy think that his poking at every single thing that they do wrong make anything right???

I seriously don't understand it one bit...first we had this moron from Long Island complaining his ass off about HVAC and now you have this Via whatever character who likes to complain about...well, everything. At first I cut him slack but it's gone out of hand. All this hating on the ops has gotta end already, their job isn't easy so how does this guy think that his poking at every single thing that they do wrong make anything right???

Whats pissing me off more is the F ing Eraser heads in this Forum ....Hey get the damn word out .Stop this *** to stop the shit RIGHT NOW .....I know you guys are sitting back reading this so don't get me started

Every motherfn tattle tale in here PM's the shit out of you MODS and your gonna tell me your gonna sit and let this go ...OOOh hell no

Archived