Old NYC Subway Maps?

'89 Liberty MCI

I was wondering, does anyone have any old maps they might want to give away/sell/trade for? I'm looking for the 1979-1998 era map, looks like this. In particular I like the ones with the JFK Express (80s), B/Q/F/S running to Queensbridge at various times (late 90s), R to 179th Street, individual route maps on the back. Thanks.

I wish i had some vintage routes. But i only have modern day ones that only go as far back as may 2005. And some modern bus maps and if somebody had vinage bus maps......

Forgotten-ny.com may have some resources.

- Andy

I have the 1980 subway map, not looking to sell but just worth mentioning that I AM TRYING TO FIND IT!!!

Looking for things has to be the most infuriating activity of all time...

"It was just right here, where could it be?!?" - George Carlin

- Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Old subway maps... look for them on e-bay!

Surprisingly enough, a NYC subway map from the late 70's was recently for bid on german ebay. Since demand for NYC transit memorabilia isn't too high here in Germany, I luckily got the map (near mint condition) for 1 Euro (1,60$)...

there use to be subway line that ran on the brooklyn bridge?

Yup some of the old elevated lines used to roll over the BB - wonder what they called it...the Brooky-B??...from an old terminal at Park Row in Manhattan. They used the protected inner part of the BB

Yup some of the old elevated lines used to roll over the BB - wonder what they called it...the Brooky-B??...from an old terminal at Park Row in Manhattan. They used the protected inner part of the BB

That bridge is amazingly well engineered. I have not been on it in my entire life, but i've been on all the other bridges and in all the tunnels in the city. Time for a trip!!!!

- Andy

• 1 year later...
I have an old NYC map booklet from 1964 which I put on my website. Don't know if anyones interested in that time but it has some subway maps and the old line names. Feel free to save anything of interest.

http://www.pete63.me.uk/pete63_042.htm

I have the book the map booklet came from: Hart's Guide To New York City copyright 1964. Interesting 1,408 page guidebook (including the 64 page map section between pages 672 and 673) published during the 1964-1965 World's Fair.

The borough neighborhood and subway maps are nice.

I have the book the map booklet came from: Hart's Guide To New York City copyright 1964. Interesting 1,408 page guidebook (including the 64 page map section between pages 672 and 673) published during the 1964-1965 World's Fair.

The borough neighborhood and subway maps are nice.

Interesting! Can you scan it?

I have an old NYC map booklet from 1964 which I put on my website. Don't know if anyones interested in that time but it has some subway maps and the old line names. Feel free to save anything of interest.

http://www.pete63.me.uk/pete63_042.htm

Interesting! Can you scan it?

MTR Admiralty: pete63 did. Click on the link above to see any of the maps (they're the same as the ones in my Hart's Guide To New York City - even the map from the endpapers in included.) The subway and PATH time maps are interesting also.

Archived