NBA, NHL and other sports thread-Winter/Spring 2011

Shortline Bus

Props to the Knicks and nice to be proved wrong. This is a good win for them after an embarassing loss to the Cavs the other night. Wished I could've seen the whole game, but that 16-0 run at the end of the half was the highlight for me. Good for the Knicks and here's hoping they can do well against the other elites of the league.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a meltdown the Suns had in Newark! Deron Williams 14pts and 18ast

The nets aint goin nowhere anyway, but iono... it's somethin about Deron I don't care for....

Not that I felt Devin was any better (all that dude was, was fast... that's it... he wasn't the type to run an offense, had no real shot, had no PG skills really)...

but what's up w/ G. Hill droppin 34 last night... think he had like 10 rebs too...

didn't think he still had that type of capability....

The Knicks needed a statement victory. As for Miami, I no longer consider them a championship-caliber team. I can't believe the Knicks porous defense held Wade to 12 points.

Wade is not a good shooter to begin with. He gets 90% of his points in the paint.

Ever notice how teams tend to go on these 15-2, 12-0, etc runs on the Heat, when all three of them aren't in the lineup?

I mean, for the knicks to end each half on a significant run like that, is what did it for them last night....

Ever notice how teams tend to go on these 15-2, 12-0, etc runs on the Heat, when all three of them aren't in the lineup?

I mean, for the knicks to end each half on a significant run like that, is what did it for them last night....

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. The Heat are not as good as these dumb ass ppl like ESPN make them out to be. I mean they let NICK YOUNG from the WIZARDS drop 38! Lets also be realistic here, Chris Bosh is not a top 25 Player in this league.

Knicks play another NBA East Championship Contender and the Orlando Magic tonight 3/1/11 in Fla. If NY wins tonight, then I start to think this team can be a contender at least to win a 1st round playoff series.

The Magic are no longer contenders. They are having a very disappointing season.

Orlando's been a huge dissapointment before, and after those acquisitions they got earlier on in the year.... anyone notice how Dwight's tryna make a push for the MVP w/ these 30-40 point games as of late....

As for Atlanta, you look at their depth chart, and you'd think they'd be much better than they are, w/ all that talent.... don't know what their deal is, though, as I don't watch Hawks games like that... but from what I have seen/noticed, they remind me of golden state... a team that can put up an unlimited amt. of points in a game on one night, and flat out die in their next game....

far as possible 1st round matchups go... I don't see the knicks beating the bulls in a 7 game series... a 5 game series, maybe... and it would have to go 5....

However, I can see them sweeping the hawks in a 5 game series, or beating them in 6 (out of a 7 game series)....

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. The Heat are not as good as these dumb ass ppl like ESPN make them out to be. I mean they let NICK YOUNG from the WIZARDS drop 38!

Lets also be realistic here, Chris Bosh is not a top 25 Player in this league.

yup, not even close... and it wouldn't be all too far-fetched to say he isn't a top 25 player in the eastern conference... now that him & his game's been bastardized.... he reminds of Jermaine O'neal now (is he even in the league? dude fell off hard)....

Orlando's been a huge dissapointment before, and after those acquisitions they got earlier on in the year.... anyone notice how Dwight's tryna make a push for the MVP w/ these 30-40 point games as of late....

As for Atlanta, you look at their depth chart, and you'd think they'd be much better than they are, w/ all that talent.... don't know what their deal is, though, as I don't watch Hawks games like that... but from what I have seen/noticed, they remind me of golden state... a team that can put up an unlimited amt. of points in a game on one night, and flat out die in their next game....

far as possible 1st round matchups go... I don't see the knicks beating the bulls in a 7 game series... a 5 game series, maybe... and it would have to go 5....

However, I can see them sweeping the hawks in a 5 game series, or beating them in 6 (out of a 7 game series)....

yup, not even close... and it wouldn't be all too far-fetched to say he isn't a top 25 player in the eastern conference... now that him & his game's been bastardized.... he reminds of Jermaine O'neal now (is he even in the league? dude fell off hard)....

Jermaine O'Neal is with Boston

Jermaine O'Neal is with Boston

word ??

did they just get him, or was he on there the whole time this year? if it's the latter, dude musta been injured, or deep on the bench... b/c as much nuthugging as ESPN does w/ the celtics, I haven't heard them, or anyone else mention his name once....

but then again, since they got rid of that cry baby Perkins, O'neal's minutes are gonna go up....

I hope Carmelo doesn't intend to take 25 shots every game. He has to find a more efficient way to score. His jump shot is mediocre.

efficient, and consistent.... agreed...

and to be honest fam, I don't like melo's overall game...

@ Forest Glen: Carmelo needs to take that many shots to be effective. History shows if he doesnt put up alot of shots then he becomes a very normal player. He is a ball stopper. However, he is going to have to change his game in order for this to work.

@B35: Lol J.Oneil played like 5 games all season and according to Boston they "hope" he's back in time for the playoffs. Lets face it I didnt like K.Perk, but boston has lost its chance to win it all this year. There gonig to be in rebuild mode soon anyway and is going to have to get young players around those old heads. Boston SUCKS anyways!

And they just signed some random player "Troy Murphy".

@ Forest Glen: Carmelo needs to take that many shots to be effective. History shows if he doesnt put up alot of shots then he becomes a very normal player. He is a ball stopper. However, he is going to have to change his game in order for this to work.

@B35: Lol J.Oneil played like 5 games all season and according to Boston they "hope" he's back in time for the playoffs. Lets face it I didnt like K.Perk, but boston has lost its chance to win it all this year. There gonig to be in rebuild mode soon anyway and is going to have to get young players around those old heads. Boston SUCKS anyways!

Being fair I agree. This is almost certain to be the last good chance for this crew of Celtics i.e Garnett, Allen, Rondo, etc. (Sorry I don't count Shaq and J. O'neil they finished and are like kids taking millions for being on the bench)

to win the NBA title.

The Lakers still have Gasol and to certain degree Kobe to bulid around for next season or two to be a championship contender.

Little off topic. The NBA should reduce team roasters as 553 I think proposed in earlier comments to 10 players in uniform and '2' stand by reserves in next collective baragin agreement. The current current '12' players including the last '2' players is among the worst waste of money on player salaries in pro team sports.

Don't forget Dwight Howard will follow another ex-Magic player to go to LA

Not sure especially with a new 'salary cap and team payroll' structure expected after this season and worst case a NBA lockout.:mad:

If it's a 'hard salary cap' like in NHL hockey, all stars players like 'Lefraud' Admire, and in past decade Shaq, won't be able to move around as easily as the current CBA.

I really hope the NBA and NFL don't go through any lockouts. A lot of money and fans will be lost

The way things are looking now is that it will happen. And these star players are to blame. The lockout wasnt a serious issue untill Lebron James and Chris Bosh made there move and it became even more series when Carmelo went to the Knicks and Charles Barkley said, there is going to be a lockout. You see what its done, the Cavs a small market team when straight to hell after being on top. With all the star players in big markets such as Miami, New York, LA ect, this is what you get. TNT Pays 2.2Million(ESPN pays about the same) to show these games and if the Lakers are playing the Nets on TNT, who wants to see the Nets, now if it were against the Heat, then everyone would watch it.

This is going to turn into a league where there is going to be only like 5 or 6 good teams. It sucks for the fans, because there are fans who like those small market teams. If the Wolves come on TNT and play the Kings, who wants to watch that game, and thats what Charles Barkley hit right on the nail. There are no star players on those teams.

This would have never been a problem if James stayed in Cleveland. Because of that, now those small market teams are pushing for franchise tags to keep those big name players in small markets for more them 3 years which would give them a chance to atleast be contenders at some point. Kevin Durant I have to give it up to him, stay with your team to give your team a chance. OKC is a small market team and look at them now!

If anyone has ever seen a Toronto Raptors/Portland TrailBlazers home game, you will see they have sellouts every night with out a big star.

With all these star players on one team, it is not good for the league.

^ name rings a bell... guy was a bum anyway...

I'm gonna say this... Today. March 2nd, 2011.

The NBA eastern conf. is WIDE open for the taking....

The Heat isn't a domineering squad.... the Magic this year has disappointed/underachieved... the Celtics have gotten worse, the way I see it (also)....Allen & Pierce are gonna practically have to make all of their shots, b/c KG isn't that rebounding force anymore....

& Lmao @ "hope for Jermaine to be back for the playoffs", as if he's gonna dominate - hell, even be effective, period....

Can you (or anyone else) honestly, with a straight face, finish this sentence:

"All roads go through the ____________ to win the 2011 NBA Eastern Conference Title."

....b/c I can't....

Not with any type of honesty & certainty...

Archived