NBA, NHL and other sports thread-Winter/Spring 2011

Shortline Bus

Finally someone says this. I'm sick and tired of people throwing the Heat straight to the Finals.

There bench only scored 2 Points in that game. You cannot win a game if your bench cant score. They screwed around with there starting line-ups and benched Carlos Arroyo, who plays well in half-court situations, who had played for Jerry Sloan.

The Heat suck! I cant stand them. LBJ thought leaving the Cavs that he would get a chance to beat the Celtics. Outside of the James, Wade, Bosh the Heat doesn't have a team. They have no center, they don't rebound the ball well, there one of the worst foul shooting teams in the league, they don't play well in the half-court.

They thought beating the Lakers on xmas ment something. They caught the Lakers on one of there relax modes. The Lakers have nothing to prove.

Pat Riley spent all that money on those 3 players, that he overlooked the rest of the team. Allen Iverson would have been a perfect fit for that team!

ESPN would not be happy if the superteam did not make the finals. Most of the ESPN sportscenter anchors and NBA commentators might as be a part of the Superteam broadcast crew.:eek:

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN would not be happy if the superteam did not make the finals. Most of the ESPN sportscenter anchors and NBA commentators might as be a part of the Superteam broadcast crew.:eek:

ESPN can go to hell, there so biased and its not even funny! I watch NBATV/TNT for NBA news and post game ect. ESPN, all they do is suck the Celtics/Heat and forget about the rest of the league and say how bad the Lakers are. They talk as if the Heat/Celtics are the only team in the NBA. They talk about James like he's the best player in the world, who has yet to prove anything. NBATV/TNT talks about every team and don't suck one teams ass.

Agreed!

ESPN can go to hell, there so biased and its not even funny! I watch NBATV/TNT for NBA news and post game ect. ESPN, all they do is suck the Celtics/Heat and forget about the rest of the league and say how bad the Lakers are. They talk as if the Heat/Celtics are the only team in the NBA. They talk about James like he's the best player in the world, who has yet to prove anything. NBATV/TNT talks about every team and don't suck one teams ass.

Agreed!

Being fair Mike Breen also the Knicks lead announcer is the only good Commentator on ESPN.

TNT is so much better than ESPN on their NBA coverage. Inlcuding IMO the best basketball announcer ever in Marv Albert.

Sloan was old, and he probably realized that the Jazz aren't going anywhere this season. However, some players do have enough clout to get a coach fired. Jason Kidd got Byron Scott fired (even though the Nets had gone to the Finals two years in a row) and replaced with Lawrence Frank.

That last sentence reminds me of the good ol days of the Nets when they was the ish! When they had Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, etc. I remember the last time NBA finals aired on NBC they played the Lakers, sadly, they lost, I remeber staying up late as the game was in LA. Then they lost to the Spurs in the Finals, and Kenyon Martin was almost in tears after losing that game, he was my favorite player from that era. I know the current team is not all that great but once they come to BK I will be a fan!

That last sentence reminds me of the good ol days of the Nets when they was the ish! When they had Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, etc. I remember the last time NBA finals aired on NBC they played the Lakers, sadly, they lost, I remeber staying up late as the game was in LA. Then they lost to the Spurs in the Finals, and Kenyon Martin was almost in tears after losing that game, he was my favorite player from that era. I know the current team is not all that great but once they come to BK I will be a fan!

Oh yes! That a great time when NBC had the free tv rights to the NBA and the best announcing crew ever of Marv Albert, Doug Collins, Mike Fratello and Host Bob Costas. Or for an old school sports fan like me to the late 70's/'80's when CBS had the NBA and great announcers like D ick Stockton, Hubie Brown and Brent Musberger.

I am surprised no one posted it yet lol. Here clip of the now infamous Isles/Pens brawl that had made national sports news. This took place on Friday 2/11/11.

I guess it's the first time the Islanders have been on a sportscenter clip in many many moons.:eek:

** youtube clip**

you do know what started those string of fights, right?

if not...

the last time those two teams played, dipietro (Islander's goalie) got ROCKED by brent johnson (pens goalie).... think dude's jaw got broken, or somethin to that effect....

Finally someone says this. I'm sick and tired of people throwing the Heat straight to the Finals.

There bench only scored 2 Points in that game. You cannot win a game if your bench cant score. They screwed around with there starting line-ups and benched Carlos Arroyo, who plays well in half-court situations, who had played for Jerry Sloan.

The Heat suck! I cant stand them. LBJ thought leaving the Cavs that he would get a chance to beat the Celtics. Outside of the James, Wade, Bosh the Heat doesn't have a team. They have no center, they don't rebound the ball well, there one of the worst foul shooting teams in the league, they don't play well in the half-court.

They thought beating the Lakers on xmas ment something. They caught the Lakers on one of there relax modes. The Lakers have nothing to prove.

Pat Riley spent all that money on those 3 players, that he overlooked the rest of the team. Allen Iverson would have been a perfect fit for that team!

We've been sayin that on the forum since day one, fam (you included).... there is no depth on that team... shit, if I was Arroyo, I'd demand a trade; dude is vastly underrated... it is plain as day that the Heat are built to run - without a PG calling the shots... I mean goddamn, even the lakers had Derek Fisher in their championship years.....

The fact that they need 3 big name players (I don't wanna say superstars, b/c Bosh isn't in that category) to "try" to reign supreme over one (kobe), is f***in sad enough.... Lakers don't win the championship last year, and I don't think that menage a trois down in Miami, happens....

yeah, back when they didn't wanna pay those guys.... that's why that team broke up....

you hit the nail on the head... and I'm about to drive it in to the wall w/ what I'm about to say....

yeh, I don't rely on ESPN if it's highlights from other teams I want to check out, or other NBA stories I may be interested in... b/c all I'm gonna get is some BS about the Heat or the Celtics... what's jacked up is that, they used to be diverse/well-rounded in showing the rest of the teams in the league, and how they're progressing (or regressing).....

I notice that ever since NBA on TNT got more recognition/popular, ESPN got more lax when it comes to the NBA (as a whole)... and in turn, they only focus on the superstar player(s), and/or the upper echelon 2 or 3 teams in the league.....

In plain english, as far as basketball goes, TNT is now, what ESPN used to be.

ESPN is becoming more NCAA oriented anyway (basketball & football)....

Shifting gears for a minute. Guess on last night's "Monday Night Raw' on Valentine's Night 2011 has returned to the WWE?

Arguably one of the most popular stars in history of pro wrestling dwayne johnson known to the world as the "Roc.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5webrAZSBhY

FTW! :eek::eek::cry:

People didnt forget about the ROCK! Im sure Vince was happy at the ratings he got that night! because I just foamed to death! I grew up watching the Rock!

Miami is having the biggest meltdowns of the season. They led 41-19 in the 1st qtr and the Pacers came back to take the lead 73-68.

I've lost interest in Pro Wrestling over the years but man The Rock returning home re sparked my interest. Him trashing John Cena was awesome for every wrestling fan that's over the age of 15, and an nice reference to the internet crowd as a lot of dudes from the wrestling message boards loved it.

The Undertaker/Lesnar "staredown" at an MMA PPV a few months ago bought back my interest a bit, but not like this. Man, if Lesnar came back to the 'E.......

Shifting gears for a minute. Guess on last night's "Monday Night Raw' on Valentine's Night 2011 has returned to the WWE?

Arguably one of the most popular stars in history of pro wrestling dwayne johnson known to the world as the "Roc.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5webrAZSBhY

I am sure Vince McMachon is smiling at a wrestelmania 2011 match of Cena vs Johnson aka the "Rock" as well. WWE tv ratings have really struggled in last few years including not being on 'free tv' anymore.

I'm a fan of Cena (like it or not, he CAN wrestle and has the mic skills…when the WWE doesn't use him as a lame-brain marketing tool), but my GOD, did the Rock whip his ass on Raw! It's been YEARS since I've heard the crowd get this loud.

This, my friends, is what makes the Rock so great. He's capable of turning a near-quiet crowd on Raw into a frenzy! He can take a "scripted" promo, twist it up, and do so while being convincing. He was able to take the censors of the TV-PG-V rating and stomp it dry to the point where on the American telecast, the Rock cussed up a storm and didn't get cut off for it!

TV-PG-V marks won't like it, but the Rock is a very smart guy: Everything he does, from his voice to his convincing style, can win people over EASILY. Ninety percent of the people in the back don't have the vocal charisma, either because they don't have "it," or because the WWE ain't allowing them to test the waters out of fear from leviating from its TV-PG-V waters. The only regular WWE guys that have "it" nowadays are Miz, John Cena (before his popularity altered his unique rapper gimmick), and two non-wrestlers: Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole.

To anyone who wants to take a jab at wrestling and be good on the mic, this is how to cut a DAMN good promo! It's the best promo I've seen in the WWE in a LONG time. He's one of the best mic workers for a very good reason, and that recent promo shows exactly why!

I've lost interest in Pro Wrestling over the years but man The Rock returning home re sparked my interest. Him trashing John Cena was awesome for every wrestling fan that's over the age of 15, and an nice reference to the internet crowd as a lot of dudes from the wrestling message boards loved it.

The Undertaker/Lesnar "staredown" at an MMA PPV a few months ago bought back my interest a bit, but not like this. Man, if Lesnar came back to the 'E.......

It's gonna be awhile since Lesnar is still in UFC. I know who 'Taker's gonna face at WM 27

Back to NBA for minute. This NBA update is from "NBA TV" LOL is brought to you by "Foot Locker.'

Feel also to talk the NHL, College Hoops, even the WWE.

:(

Guess who back in the "Carmelo' trade talk? The Newark and soon to be Brooklyn Nets. Here this morning 2/18/11 Daily News article.

The trading deadline in NBA is a few days from now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/02/17/2011-02-17_james_dolan_and_mikhail_prokhorov_both_scheduled_to_meet_with_carmelo_anthony_in.html

REPORT!

Nuggets and Nets have agreed to a deal(I dont believe it tho)....and Carmelo just said he hopes something gets done by the end of the weekend.

UPDATE:

Nuggets & Nets Agreed to a deal! Will be made offical soon....according to NBA TV.

Correct. As of this morning 2/19/11, the trade is 'this close' to happening and that the Nets have until around Monday to work a contract extension according to many media sources. If not then the deal to send Carmelo to NJ is 'off' for good.

Today is the 1st sign that warm weather in America is in near future. Today's is the 2011 Daytona 500 (Granddday of stock racing events in US)and NASCAR showcase event of the year. Anyone watching?

Not to get too off topic. This is why I disllike the TV industry. They only put on showcase events i.e super bowl, Daytona, most of the NBA/NHL Playoffs and in recent years the last few games of the world series in 'ratings sweeps' months of Feb., May and November.

Last nights Dunk Contest was the best since 2008/2000/1997! The only problem I had was Serge Ibaka was robbed! He actually took off before the free throw line and only got a 45. I was pissed they only scored him a 45. Im sorry but the dunks Blake Griffen were good, but wasnt that great, he only won because all the hype he had and not to mention that he was in his team home town which helped. DeRozen was robbed also!

And the Nets ownership met with melo and there waiting for him to agree to that 3 year extention.

Archived