Ulmer Park Depot - RTSs and routes

Via Garibaldi 8

When will Ulmer Park finally start getting something besides RTSs and how many buses can it hold including express buses? Does the fact that it holds so few buses have anything to with it not having any of the next generation Orions?

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=368318&postcount=347

IIRC, UP can hold 250-260 buses.

I still remember when UP got all of those new RTSs back in the 90s... They looked sweet back then. I can't believe they can only hold 250 - 260 buses though. How in the world then did they have all of those routes previously with such few buses???

:eek:

Ulmer pk is getting Orion next gen hybrids 2010-2011 well they are supposed to i dont know ill find out from a supiorvisor or something . They are getting a test demo for express buses ) prevost X3-45 around april or june one of those , one will go to castleton & one will go to ulmer pk , if they like it then they will put in an order & they will be delivered around december of 2011 . They are also getting nova lfs like 0055 im guessing they really liked that bus because drivers were fighting over it allday everyday , that bus only went on the b6 i dont know why , in my opinion i think they should of went on all routes . Except the B74 & B36 Because there are kids who like to draw and do art on the bus and it would be banged up in less than a week . Ulmer park can hold about 250-275 buses it depends on where they park them , all mostly go in the yard , some go infront where the pull in section is at , some go in the fixing station and some are parked in the fueling station but if they park a bus outside infront they bring it in for fueling and then park it outside so that way when drivers arrive in the morning they wont have to always go inside , some drivers are fighting for their own express buses so theres some dirvers arriving @ 5-6 am just to get that bus , they will sit on it until they can go out no matter how tired they are .

And why are they so in love w/RTSs?

People think of Ulmer Park as the dumping ground of the bus fleet...I beg to differ. it's been said that they take great care of what they have already so it kinda renders it unnecessary to get new equipment, but they are going to get some LFS'.

Ulmer pk is getting Orion next gen hybrids 2010-2011 well they are supposed to i dont know ill find out from a supiorvisor or something . They are getting a test demo for express buses ) prevost X3-45 around april or june one of those , one will go to castleton & one will go to ulmer pk , if they like it then they will put in an order & they will be delivered around december of 2011 . They are also getting nova lfs like 0055 im guessing they really liked that bus because drivers were fighting over it allday everyday , that bus only went on the b6 i dont know why , in my opinion i think they should of went on all routes . Except the B74 & B36 Because there are kids who like to draw and do art on the bus and it would be banged up in less than a week . Ulmer park can hold about 250-275 buses it depends on where they park them , all mostly go in the yard , some go infront where the pull in section is at , some go in the fixing station and some are parked in the fueling station but if they park a bus outside infront they bring it in for fueling and then park it outside so that way when drivers arrive in the morning they wont have to always go inside , some drivers are fighting for their own express buses so theres some dirvers arriving @ 5-6 am just to get that bus , they will sit on it until they can go out no matter how tired they are .

Ok my man, I'm confused as to exactly what you mean by "UP is getting Orion next gen hybrids 2010-2011." As LRG stated, they were on the list, but it didn't happen. Hybrid orders are done for the time being, and the NG has officially been discontinued. Our next buses from Orion will be 3G diesel, which will also be delivered this year.

As far as the Prevost order goes, it's a little different from what you stated. The Pilot, not test demo, will be delivered in June. We already had a demo that operated out of Castleton and Yonkers. After the pilot is put through it paces, it will return to Nova if modifications are needed, and the remainder of the order will be delivered by December. It's not about deciding if they will order any, because they already have. The order has already been placed, and the contract awarded. We are also awarding a contract for 60 more express coaches by next month. I don't know who is going to get it, but I was told it has already been decided. I will try to find out more next week.

That sounds a little conservative to me. UP hasn't been overhauled in a while, and looking back at some numbers from about fifteen years ago, the depot should be capable of holding up to 270 buses.

Yeah, that's about right. I didn't have the actual info in front of me when I posted.

Ok my man, I'm confused as to exactly what you mean by "UP is getting Orion next gen hybrids 2010-2011." As LRG stated, they were on the list, but it didn't happen. Hybrid orders are done for the time being, and the NG has officially been discontinued. Our next buses from Orion will be 3G diesel, which will also be delivered this year.

As far as the Prevost order goes, it's a little different from what you stated. The Pilot, not test demo, will be delivered in June. We already had a demo that operated out of Castleton and Yonkers. After the pilot is put through it paces, it will return to Nova if modifications are needed, and the remainder of the order will be delivered by December. It's not about deciding if they will order any, because they already have. The order has already been placed, and the contract awarded. We are also awarding a contract for 60 more express coaches by next month. I don't know who is going to get it, but I was told it has already been decided. I will try to find out more next week.

Yeah, that's about right. I didn't have the actual info in front of me when I posted.

Online it said that ulmer pk will get 2010-2011 orion ng hybrid buses including prevost x3-45 express demos to castleton & ulmer pk & ulmer pk will get nova lfs low floor .

We are also awarding a contract for 60 more express coaches by next month. I don't know who is going to get it, but I was told it has already been decided. I will try to find out more next week

Do you know if this new contract order is also going to SI, or will some of the other boroughs get some new express equipment? (I assume you meant that you were unsure which company will get the contract, not which depot...or did I misread your post?)

Do you know if this new contract order is also going to SI, or will some of the other boroughs get some new express equipment? (I assume you meant that you were unsure which company will get the contract, not which depot...or did I misread your post?)

Although I have confirmed it, I dont known ANY of the details yet. I just known it's supposed to be coming right after the standard bus orders. Supposedly everything is all set to go. This leads me to believe it will go to MCI, because the Prevosts have not completed testing yet.

Although I have confirmed it, I dont known ANY of the details yet. I just known it's supposed to be coming right after the standard bus orders. Supposedly everything is all set to go. This leads me to believe it will go to MCI, because the Prevosts have not completed testing yet.

So I thought Prevost was making the latest express buses???

If MCI is making them then what will the design look like?? :confused:

You may want to read that again thoroughly. What you posted is not what is in thats blog. The only discrepancy I found is that the blog states LIB's new NG's are EPA2010, when in fact they are EPA2007.

So I thought Prevost was making the latest express buses???

If MCI is making them then what will the design look like?? :confused:

This is a separate order for 60 buses that has not been awarded yet. The Prevost order is for 90.

You may want to read that again thoroughly. What you posted is not what is in thats blog. The only discrepancy I found is that the blog states LIB's new NG's are EPA2010, when in fact they are EPA2007.

This is a separate order for 60 buses that has not been awarded yet. The Prevost order is for 90.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha...

This is a separate order for 60 buses that has not been awarded yet. The Prevost order is for 90.

On there before it said ulmer pk will be getting orion ng hybrids 2010-2011 i guess they made a mistake & fixed it , sorry about that .

Yeah, I realized that when you posted that back here but I didn't change it.

On there before it said ulmer pk will be getting orion ng hybrids 2010-2011 i guess they made a mistake & fixed it , sorry about that .

That was made in a comment and not the actual post.

Yeah, I realized that when you posted that back here but I didn't change it.

It's all good guys!:cool:

Nice blog 7-eleven!

As far as the XD40 goes, I didn't know it would be here this soon! But hey, it is 2011.:)

Archived