Fantasy Map Using Existing Tracks

Gorgor

Guest lance25

@Gorgor: I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt (see the "Change One Thing" thread), but now, you're trying my patience. To claim that only the area south of 96th Street in Manhattan is the "real New York" is down right ludicrous. Also, said area is not the safest place in NYC. Crime can happen anywhere at any time, regardless of the neighborhood or wealth of the population.

One more thing, I don't know what you have against the older fleets. Yes, they are brighter and have more amenities than the older cars, but it's not as though they're any safer. A person would face the same odds of getting robbed on an NTTs as they would on an older train.

@Gorgor: I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt (see the "Change One Thing" thread), but now, you're trying my patience. To claim that only the area south of 96th Street in Manhattan is the "real New York" is down right ludicrous. Also, said area is not the safest place in NYC. Crime can happen anywhere at any time, regardless of the neighborhood or wealth of the population.

One more thing, I don't know what you have against the older fleets. Yes, they are brighter and have more amenities than the older cars, but it's not as though they're any safer. A person would face the same odds of getting robbed on an NTTs as they would on an older train.

Show me one shred of proof that says north of 96th is safer than south of 96th

Guest lance25
Show me one shred of proof that says north of 96th is safer than south of 96th

Does the name Bernard Madoff ring a bell. He swindled people out of $65 billion. He's one of the worst kind of criminal and guess what, his primary residence was on 133 East 63rd Street.

I'm proposing an idea about how to make the subway a safe place and to actually let real New Yorkers get a seat during rush hour instead of those things that inhabit the Bronx.

I know a whole bunch of "things", as you call them, who would take serious offense to this, and they wouldn't all need to resort to violence to teach you a lesson. Keep your ignorance to yourself.

& Just a reality check - the "real New Yorkers" wouldn't really need seats in your rendition of a fantasy map, because most people wouldn't have more than 5 stops on express routes to go.

Does the name Bernard Madoff ring a bell. He swindled people out of $65 billion. He's one of the worst kind of criminal and guess what, his primary residence was on 133 East 63rd Street.

OH NO BE CAREFUL IF YOU GO ON 63RD STREET IT'S NOT SAFE!!! I know you're out of excuses if you resort to pathetic stuff like this. North of 96th has all the drugs, guns, etc.

& Just a reality check - the "real New Yorkers" wouldn't really need seats in your rendition of a fantasy map, because most people wouldn't have more than 5 stops on express routes to go.

My daily commute in the morning takes about 20 minutes, which is 4 express stops. In reality, nobody needs a seat, but isn't it much better to sit for 20 minutes than to stand with no room on either side?

Guest lance25
OH NO BE CAREFUL IF YOU GO ON 63RD STREET IT'S NOT SAFE!!! I know you're out of excuses if you resort to pathetic stuff like this. North of 96th has all the drugs, guns, etc.

My daily commute in the morning takes about 20 minutes, which is 4 express stops. In reality, nobody needs a seat, but isn't it much better to sit for 20 minutes than to stand with no room on either side?

I used that as one example. I'm sure I can find many others if I really felt like looking. Plus, you're the only one saying that the area south of 96th Street is the only safe haven in the city. Like Kamen Rider said, you should be the one providing proof that any area is safer than another.

@DTC: That pic made me literally LOL.

I'm proposing an idea about how to make the subway a safe place and to actually let real New Yorkers get a seat during rush hour instead of those things that inhabit the Bronx.

A follow up to this:

If you think the "real New York" is Manhattan south of 96, then either you're one of those disgusting hipsters, a yuppie or a tourist, or just plain dumb.

Guest lance25

@Gorgor: Since you feel that New York south of 96th Street is so safe, let me show you some statistics.

2010 Stats from the NYPD:

Precinct 14 (Midtown South): 9th through Madison/45th through 29th

17 rape reports

168 reports of robbery

352 reports of burglary

2323 reports of grand larceny

versus Precinct 26: Morningside & St. Nicholas to the Hudson/Cathedral Pkwy to 133rd Street & City College

13 reports of rape

174 reports of robbery

79 burglary

268 grand larceny

And remember, this is from the NYPD, the folks who are saying that crime is down.

@Gorgor: Since you feel that New York south of 96th Street is so safe, let me show you some statistics.

2010 Stats from the NYPD:

Precinct 14 (Midtown South): 9th through Madison/45th through 29th

17 rape reports

168 reports of robbery

352 reports of burglary

2323 reports of grand larceny

versus Precinct 26: Morningside & St. Nicholas to the Hudson/Cathedral Pkwy to 133rd Street & City College

13 reports of rape

174 reports of robbery

79 burglary

268 grand larceny

And remember, this is from the NYPD, the folks who are saying that crime is down.

Well grand larceny aside (that's not something that a regular person encounters in a regular day - correct?) the numbers are a tad greater in Midtown where the population is much greater.

This map gets 10 thumbs down:

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

And 10 dancing locks:

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

Also, if this map comes true, city hall and the MTA will just be OVERLOADED with complaint reports.

Archived