Multilevel Tour!!!!!!

metsfan

I am getting annoyed at how long youtube is taking to upload this video, i hope it didn't time out, does anyone know the max file size you can do? It's 230 megs that i'm trying to upload....

edit: Holy crap it uploaded. Will post ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Andy

That is the best video of the multi-level so far. Nice job. Thanks for the tour. :D

You have to get the upper level next time.

I tried to do an alternating upper/lower route, but there were a ton of people on the upper levels, so i only got the one with the least amount of people. My height and ability to not fall over on moving trains helps me see which place to go, sadly it was only 5 car consist. Next time i'm in NYC i'm going to a mets day game, so i'm not sure which train i'm getting home, however i may be stuck having to use.... (7) to times sq catching the (2) or (3) to chambers street to get to the path station to :nec:, and maybe catch the 12 car multi-level that usually leaves from NYP at 5:01 when it gets to newark..., i doubt it though, as when the ballgame is over the trains are always full of people leaving from it, even the route i take.

- Andy

I never seen on inside but i did saw one testing out on the :njc: back last summer and it had a Comet V cab car attached (weird ain't it)? Now I see many :njc: :nec: and :mbl: trains hauling this multilevels

Two conditions of the contract were that it fit safely on all (NJT) lines including tunnels, and be 100% connectable to the single level cars. I have yet to see them have a mixed single/multi consist, but it sure would be interesting!!!!

- Andy

Two conditions of the contract were that it fit safely on all (NJT) lines including tunnels, and be 100% connectable to the single level cars. I have yet to see them have a mixed single/multi consist, but it sure would be interesting!!!!

- Andy

Well the MBTA does that so there is no reason why NJT shouldn't LMAO:rolleyes:

Well the MBTA does that so there is no reason why NJT shouldn't LMAO:rolleyes:

I think it's because the number of seats vs length of train would be off kilter, plus you don't want a huge crowd of people trying to find seats after moving from multi-level to traditional. It would work best if it were alternating if they did do it. I think also it is because the layout of their network is somewhat different than the MBTA and the routing of cars is handled differently.

- Andy

Cool videos! Love the sound of the ALP-46 in the 2nd vid.

I never seen on inside but i did saw one testing out on the :njc: back last summer and it had a Comet V cab car attached (weird ain't it)? Now I see many :njc: :nec: and :mbl: trains hauling this multilevels
Its not on the Montclair-Boonton Line yet, its on the Morris & Essex Line.

Cool videos! Love the sound of the ALP-46 in the 2nd vid.

Yea, the electrics in them have that "i'm about to take off" sound to them, similar to the acela hhp's sound, but not as much electrical hum due to lower power rating.

I am guessing that if they wanted to, they could modify the alp-46 to up the HP it could produce maybe 8500 hp and be given one more set of powered axles to help with traction distribution and prevent wheel slip. Fanciful thinking at best for the time being i'm afraid. It would allow NJT to make the most of the electric locomotive's they have when the electrification is complete on the proposed west trenton-bound brook service. If only! :D

- Andy

Glad to see you enjoyed it!

We have those here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It is called the Trinity Railway Express, or TRE (Pronounced either as T R E, or Tree). The rush hour and noon-rush trains are the multi-level ones very/almost exact as our cars here in DFW. Some of the trains have GE locomotives, sometimes a different one, not sure of the make and model. And then we have another kind of train that runs the rest of the day for the TRE. I think the second ones are a little bit more comfy. But, overall loved the movie!

Archived