LIRR - Hempstead Branch

Y2Julio

Awesome shots!

Thanks.

very nice work, which station is this? Im guessing Nassau Blvd near Adelphi University

Yeah, it's Nassau Boulevard.

I see theres another station not too far away, a walkable distance. A rare thing for a commuter rail.

Yeah, that's Stewart Manor. I wouldn't consider it walkable.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's Nassau Boulevard.

Yeah, that's Stewart Manor. I wouldn't consider it walkable.

Theres a golf course in teh way and the streets dont line up nicely enough there to walk it. Google says its about a half hour walk, 1.4 miles.

it is however about 8 blocks between Stewart Manor and New Hyde Park stations, and its possible to walk from Country Life Press to Garden City.

All in all Garden City is a great place to live or visit if you like the LIRR, they have 5 stations :(

Theres a golf course in teh way and the streets dont line up nicely enough there to walk it. Google says its about a half hour walk, 1.4 miles.

it is however about 8 blocks between Stewart Manor and New Hyde Park stations, and its possible to walk from Country Life Press to Garden City.

All in all Garden City is a great place to live or visit if you like the LIRR, they have 5 stations :)

Yeah, I would like to live in Garden City but it's also super expensive.

Wow those are some nice crisp shots.:(

Well done, Julio. :tup:

All in all Garden City is a great place to live or visit if you like the LIRR, they have 5 stations ;)

Hempstead-Country Life Press-Garden City are really, really close together.

Awesome pics! Close stations are pretty common in SEPTA territory.

SEPTA station spacing is a bit insane, for someone who's used to the LIRR mainline. Ever look at the NEC between Darby and Marcus Hook on Google Earth/Maps?

Archived