Man Struck And Injured By NYC Subway Train

CPBO

If he was pushed down to the tracks, then I might have sympathy towards him. Or else, if it was the usual "I needed to retrieve my valuable item because it's so important to me than my own life", then no sympathy.

What I don't understand is don't you hear, feel, and see the train coming. Common sense would tell you to at least wait and do it until the train arrives and leaves the station. Not saying you should but common sense goes a long way.

Lexington Avenue Subway is not only ones dangerous.

I have seen one of female school student drop her notebook on Brooklyn-bound (L) platform at Union Square Station and her friends went down to track to retrieve as (L) was coming into station.

I also have seen woman with stroller at 5th Av-53rd St (E)(V) Days, and her baby properly drop stroller on the tracks and man went down to retrieve and hoisted himself up before train was coming.

Lexington Avenue Subway is not only ones dangerous.

I have seen one of female school student drop her notebook on Brooklyn-bound (L) platform at Union Square Station and her friends went down to track to retrieve as (L) was coming into station.

What happened afterwords? I'm a very curious cat.

Coincedentally This Is The Only Station (Open) To Have A Death The Lexington Ave Line Has More Deaths By Tracks Than Any Others The Malbone St Wreck Dosent Count Because It Derailed Not Run Over Anyone City Hall (Closed) Had 1 Death (Ukowningly) South Ferry Could Be Considered Apart Of Lex And 7th Ave Line So The Inner Platform Is Lex There Was One Death There I Presume

Coincedentally This Is The Only Station (Open) To Have A Death The Lexington Ave Line Has More Deaths By Tracks Than Any Others The Malbone St Wreck Dosent Count Because It Derailed Not Run Over Anyone City Hall (Closed) Had 1 Death (Ukowningly) South Ferry Could Be Considered Apart Of Lex And 7th Ave Line So The Inner Platform Is Lex There Was One Death There I Presume
By any chance, do you know what in the world you're talking about?

Try using sentences and periods. Most people get that down by the second grade.

Thier was a 12-9 on the (L) line also:confused: early Sunday morning I believe. The guy wasn't so lucky. The train cut him in half and left his upper torso on the platform.

May I ask this question,which station this 12-9 happen at?

English please, or don't post.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Roadcruiser, you pitched this idea before and it was shot dowen for obvious reasons. If anything, PSDs will make the problem worse

Let's speak hypothetically now. Its the middle of rush hour on the (4) and the train pulls into 59 St. One set of doors somehow malfunctions and doesn't open when the train is in the station. Now you have people rushing to the other 9 cars on a crowded platform since that door set won't open, plus you have people in that car who can't get out cuz the PSD won't open. If that's not a recipe for disaster, then I don't know what is

It happened at (L) Halsey Street, Canarsie bound platform.

So that's why they had my (L) train terminate at Myrtle-Wyckoff that day. I was wondering what happened

I'm beginning to think that the MTA needs to tell people where to go to avoid being hit by a train, if they find themselves on the tracks while a train is arriving. I think it would go a long way in some kind of advertising campaign, because telling people to stay of the track is not working. Then when they are down there, everyone thinks the can climb back up in time.

May I ask this question,which station this 12-9 happen at?

Hasley St. So far they think it may have been a suicide or may have gone down to retrieve a cell phone as he was still holding it. He had his back towards the platform as if trying to lift himself up with his hands on the edge. The train operator reported he had his head turned the other way as if preparing to get hit. He did not move or look at the train at all.

Archived