R110a/TTC T1 propulsion system?!?!?!

pelhamlocal

I'm from Toronto, and quite familiar with the T1s, so I was surprised about the propulsion, but the trains were made around the same time.

From what I recall, the new Bombardier trains for Toronto will have similar propulsion to the R160s, but I can't confirm that. It's a good sound, but it doesn't beat a good R1/9 motor. Now THAT's a motor that means business.

I'm from Toronto, and quite familiar with the T1s, so I was surprised about the propulsion, but the trains were made around the same time.

From what I recall, the new Bombardier trains for Toronto will have similar propulsion to the R160s, but I can't confirm that. It's a good sound, but it doesn't beat a good R1/9 motor. Now THAT's a motor that means business.

The Toronto Rockets use Bombardier's MITRAC traction motors so they aren't similar to the propulsion system on the R160s.

Nope the R110B had a propulsion by General Electric not Siemens like the R160B, and the specific R143 in the video.

Ah, OK, I just remember hearing somewhere that the R110B's had similar propulsion to the 1800's in Boston, which are similar to these. It's all one long chain of sound, really.

Well it's just a rumor. We won't know till there is definite proof. When the Transitviews dude uploaded his R110B video we only saw an interior full of people talking ruining any chance of hearing the propulsion.

The R110B propulsion sounded very similar to the 1800 series in Boston, but not exactly.

Here is a recording of the R110B coming into 50th St (I'm assuming its around there). I do not know who the original creator was and I only received this through a friend.

http://soundcloud.com/dave2140160/coming-into-the-station

As for the take off, if you've every played the original R143 for BVE, it kinda sounds like that, but that sound is for a different topic another time...

The R110B propulsion sounded very similar to the 1800 series in Boston, but not exactly.

Here is a recording of the R110B coming into 50th St (I'm assuming its around there). I do not know who the original creator was and I only received this through a friend.

http://soundcloud.com/dave2140160/coming-into-the-station

As for the take off, if you've every played the original R143 for BVE, it kinda sounds like that, but that sound is for a different topic another time...

oh no.. link says its not available....:P

Archived