A gift from 13 years ago!

NYCTNostalgia

S3.png

63rd1.gif

63rd2.gif

63rd3.gif

63rd4.gif

Just a little thing I found ;).

i printed those pics out of my computer and made a personal timetable with them. it looks like the real thing because like the 42nd Street Shuttle timetable, it only needed one 8.5 x 11 inch paper. Does anyone have the timetable when this shuttle was extended to 34th Street-Herald Square on weekdays?

speaking about (SBway), I found this on nycsubway.org. an R46 on the the (S6):

img_50039.jpg

i hate to burst your bubble, but that is the 2001-04 Grand Street Shuttle, not the Sixth Avenue one. Although labeled as (S) on the maps and timetables, the rollsigns on the single R46 set it used were not consistent. I saw it with an (S), (S6), yellow "S", even the word "SHUTTLE" on a black background.

It might also be the 1995 Grand Street Shuttle. That shuttle was labeled (S6) and that photo looks pretty old. I do not know what car type it was using, but it was probably came from Jamaica, Concourse or 207th Street since those were the only yards the shuttle had access to.

i remember in October 2008, there was a G.O. that rerouted the (D) to Broadway and Bronx service terminated at 34th Street-Herald Square. A shuttle train using one set of Concourse R68s ran between Grand Street and West Fourth Street-Washington Square. Here is my video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x772d9_grand-street-shuttle-at-broadway-la_auto

Back in 1996, i also remember when the (D) ran on the (N)(R) line during G.O.'s like this, they would send it up to 21 St-Queensbridge to replace the (;).) The Sign would display like this:

"(D) 21 Street-Queensbridge"

Queens

Coney Island

Brooklyn

Back to the (S)(S6) ( S ):

i remember those shuttles.

wow, a lot of unnecessary detail, but yes i too remember the (D) to 21st Street-Queensbridge around 1997 or 98. the current (Q) was also had the same service on the weekend after 9/11 and in early 2007.

I thought the Orange (S6) ran to Second Avenue....

That was the late-night only shuttle that replaced the (F) to 21st Street-Queensbridge when construction of the 63rd Street connecter to Queens Boulevard began in 1997. That shuttle was discontinued in 2000 along with (:P service along 63rd Street when preparation for full time service on the connecter began.

Interesting. I was on an E from Jamaica that during a phase of construction, was routed late nights to Whitehall Street on the R line. On one particular early morning ride, we couldn't use the 60th street tunnel, and were routed thru the 63rd street tunnel, then down 7th ave. I didn't know at the time that this was possible, so was really surprised when it happenned.

i remember in October 2008, there was a G.O. that rerouted the (D) to Broadway and Bronx service terminated at 34th Street-Herald Square. A shuttle train using one set of Concourse R68s ran between Grand Street and West Fourth Street-Washington Square. Here is my video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x772d9_grand-street-shuttle-at-broadway-la_auto

i do remember that (S6). it was the 6 Av shuttle that ran from Broadway-Lafayette St to 21 St-Queensbridge back in 2001 (they mostly used R32's), and the (S) Grand St Shuttle used both R46's and R68's. i spotted both, but different times.

i also remember the (D) used to run via Brighton Local, and whenever ther was work that needed to be done on the Bridge, the (:( used to run like a shuttle between 36 St and Coney Island via West End, the (D) ran on the (N)(R) line (via tunnel) between DeKalb Av and 34 St/Broadway and terminate, and then the original (D) ran like a shuttle from 34 St/6 Av to 205 St. The last time they did this G.O. was back in 2000. (Back in 1996, i also remember when the (D) ran on the (N)(R) line during G.O.'s like this, they would send it up to 21 St-Queensbridge to replace the (:o.) The Sign would display like this:

"(D) 21 Street-Queensbridge"

Queens

Coney Island

Brooklyn

i think a year or two ago, there was an emergency Late Night G.O. where the Manhattan-bound (D) trains ran on the (R) line between DeKalb Av and Canal St, then on the (Q) line to 42 St-Times Sq. Brooklyn-bound (D) trains ran on the (N)(Q) line using the Bridge. and of course the usual (D) ran from 205 st to 34 st.

Back to the (S)(S6) ( S ):

i remember those shuttles.

I thought the Orange (S6) ran to Second Avenue....

on the map it said that the (S6) 6 Av Shuttle ran from Broadway-Lafayette St to 21 St-Queensbridge. The (S) Grand St Shuttle ran from West 4 St to Grand St.

the (V) was the one that ran between 2 Av and Forest Hills.

Archived