Service Alert Lexington ave

Abba

Posted: 02/20/2011 2:54PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a police investigation at the 14th Street Union Square Station:

There is no(4) ,(5) or(6) train service in both directions from the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station to the 86th Street Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take M103 bus making nearby station stops.

Please allow additional travel time.

I was at Grand Central when this happened. When I saw the 4 waiting longer than normal, I rushed to the shuttle. I went to the last car and I got a seat before it became packed. At Times Square, there were 2 staircases to the Broadway Line. (Which I already knew.) The difference is everyone was crammed on one staircase, while the other was empty. Then I caught my R to 23rd Street.

it was a 12/9. a 80 year old man with a walker wandered into a void area behind the platform, then stepped out in front of a train. he was clipped but was taken from the station alive. now if he made it to the hospital i dont know. if not for the flagging set up to slow trains for the G.O. he probably would have been in a million pieces.

it was a 12/9. a 80 year old man with a walker wandered into a void area behind the platform, then stepped out in front of a train. he was clipped but was taken from the station alive. now if he made it to the hospital i dont know. if not for the flagging set up to slow trains for the G.O. he probably would have been in a million pieces.

Now unless he had some kind of "issue" what the eff was he doing back there?

Watch his effing family sue if he has one.....

NY Post has a better version of this incident....

Blind luck in subway

A partially blind 84-year-old man suffering from Alzheimer's miraculously survived a close encounter with a speeding No. (4) train after he wandered onto the tracks -- walker and all -- yesterday.

Anatoliy Zilberman lost several toes off his left foot and suffered severe bruising when the train nearly smashed into him on the express track just north of Union Square, police said.

Police are unsure how Zilberman, who lives in an assisted-living facility for the blind with his wife on East 23rd Street, ended up on the track and so deep in the tunnel.

Zilberman was taken to Bellevue Hospital, medical staff said.

His home health aide said Zilberman had told his wife that he wanted to go out for a walk and then vanished.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/blind_luck_in_subway_Q1jVccanYEygevIFhYC8AN#ixzz1EbWdfIvX

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There's flagging both north and south of that area, so trains were going completely slow going in & out of that station on the downtown side. Another one avoids death

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There's flagging both north and south of that area, so trains were going completely slow going in & out of that station on the downtown side. Another one avoids death

i know because i set up the flagging north of the station. since no one saw him on the platform, some are wondering if he wandered down the G O track from 23st.

Archived