The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

Besides Albert Pujols, the Cardinals aren't a championship level team in terms of talent on paper. While a nice story, I feel that it is better for the sport and even in other sports if the "paper champ" ends up winning. I am rooting for the Rangers to get it done tonight and win the WS because of that. I don't like less than stellar teams being promoted the next year because of a WS win and the criticism of talented teams that end up losing to that less than stellar dark horse in the playoffs or WS. Just win Texas, please!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Jeter and ARod are getting old, I was wondering about this move:

Move Jeter to 3B/2B

Move Cano to SS

Move Arod to DH/2B

IF they have money and a reasonable contract, sign Pujols and have Pujols play third, while Jeter goes to Second and ARod is full time DH. The basis of my thinking is to extend Jeter and Arods careers and have them producing for a longer period of time. Also, Cano has a shortshops arm and range, so I'm actually a bit surprised that Giradi hasn't tried Cano at SS during blowout games.

Also, I based this off of the most difficult positions to play in baseball (IMO)

1. Pitcher/Catcher

2. Shortstop

3. Center Field

4. Third Base

5. Second Base

6. Right Field

7. Left Field

8. First Base

9. DH

Now that Jeter and ARod are getting old, I was wondering about this move:

Move Jeter to 3B/2B

Move Cano to SS

Move Arod to DH/2B

IF they have money and a reasonable contract, sign Pujols and have Pujols play third, while Jeter goes to Second and ARod is full time DH. The basis of my thinking is to extend Jeter and Arods careers and have them producing for a longer period of time. Also, Cano has a shortshops arm and range, so I'm actually a bit surprised that Giradi hasn't tried Cano at SS during blowout games.

First Yankspwnmets in your idea. The Yankees 'window' of this crew i.e Jeter, ARod, etc. is closing so in near future they will have to rebulid or else they will be old very quick.

Don't worry about Jeter. He will be the Yankees full time SS for at least 1 more year in 2012. So that one position not to worry. After that i think he will finish his carrer in outfield poisition.

Second why move Cano? He arguably the best 2nd baseman in MLB right now so why screw around with him?:confused: And regarding AROD after 2012, I think for rest of his carrer he better off staying at DH.

My replies to your ideas.:eek:

Well, Cano has a shortstops arm, he has more range, and he is younger, which is why I opt him to move to SS. SS isn't easy, and with Jeter get older he probably will lose range. Nunez is still pretty bad defensively, and looking now, I think it would have been smart to trade him off to Seattle for Cliff Lee (shitting Jack Zd@&*(@($ insisted on inlcuding Nova or Nunez to complete the deal)

Then again, Cano was never considered a top prospect, but look where he is now. I really hope Kevin Long and the Yankees coaches can make Nunez the new Derek Jeter

Well, Cano has a shortstops arm, he has more range, and he is younger, which is why I opt him to move to SS. SS isn't easy, and with Jeter get older he probably will lose range. Nunez is still pretty bad defensively, and looking now, I think it would have been smart to trade him off to Seattle for Cliff Lee (shitting Jack Zd@&*(@($ insisted on inlcuding Nova or Nunez to complete the deal)

Then again, Cano was never considered a top prospect, but look where he is now. I really hope Kevin Long and the Yankees coaches can make Nunez the new Derek Jeter

Forgot the next Jeter my friend. How about just being a good SS who can play both sides of the ball i.e offense and defense. You talking about replacing a future 1st ballot HOF.:eek:

Anyhow game #5 of the WS about to start. IMO This is a 'must win' for Texas more than St Louie.

About Cano, he WAS a shortstop back in the day. The Yankees just moved him out because he could not handle the position. I think Robbie Cano can handle third base because of his arm and range, but A-Rod isn't moving outta there. You may or may not be watching the World Series but the Cardinals third baseman (David Freese) is god awful there. With his horrible fielding, it makes me appreciate A-Rod more defensively. Yeah he's older but now is not the time to move him out just yet.

Also I forgot that the Cardinals lost again. Texas may win the whole thing barring 2 straight losses.

25 years ago on Saturday October 25, 1986 game #6 of an already good Mets-Red Sox series turned into agruably the best MLB championship series ever.

Instead of me explaining it, I have these youtube tapes do the talking.

1)oringal NBC broadcast with Dodgers announcer Vin Scully.

2)Recent ESPN documentary of Bartman/Buckner incidents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aoxIYgd64

As most of you have heard game #6 of the 2011 fall classic was postponed due to rain in the St Louis area. Now game #6 is for tonight (10/27/11) and if needed Friday 10/28/11. This is a reminder to Bud Selig on why the world series should never end in November. For instance in Denver if the game was played in Coors Field, game time temps in low 40's and no mistype chance of SNOW FLURRIES. Ouch.:eek:

St. Louis has tied the game, 7 to 7!

Man, I was ready with a post that would have said "The Texas Rangers have won the World Series!!!"

By far the best WS since the histroic Yanks-D'backs matchup in 2001. MLB Network and ESPN classic will be playing this game(game #6) for many years to come. :(:eek:

By far the best WS since the histroic Yanks-D'backs matchup in 2001. MLB Network and ESPN classic will be playing this game(game #6) for many years to come. :(:eek:

That's why I want a Game 7 tomorrow.

Oh, Josh Hamilton just gave Texas the lead.

Aaaaaaaaand... the Cards are on top of the world for the 11th time!

A Cinderella story for Baseball if there ever was one.

Agreed. I compare the '11 champion cards run to the 1988 Kirk Gibson Dodgers. This is more of a bigger acheivement beating the 3 best teams in baseball in the 2011 playoffs. Phils, Brewers and now Rangers.

Yes the 2006 Cards won only 83 games and still lowest ever for a ws winner. However that year there was no 'blockbuster' teams like this years had which had at least '4' excellent teams that could win it (including Yankees). Beating the Phils(Hallday, Lee, etc.) Brewers(Prince, Braun) and Rangers(Hamilton, etc.)3 series in a row is a championship is well deserved.

In 2006, was a down year for baseball. In 2011 the Cards rank among the most unlikely WS champions of all time.:eek:

And this thread has come to its conclusion :(

In fact, f*ck that. HOT STOVE TIME MUDAF*CKA

Two killer B's, plus Nunez and Nova, plus a couple of draft picks in exchange for King Felix and Micheal Pineda

If only the Mariners would agree to this :/

That right there gets a :tdown: from me.

Archived