The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

I prefer Matt Vasgersian lol...I hear him when I play MLB The Show yet I've only heard his voice on TV a few times before.

Also, I just read about this insane move.... what do you guys think?

ARod: Full time DH. Instead, sign 29 year old Edwin Encarnacion to play third

Montero: Full time catcher

Tex: Trade him to the Cubs while the Yankees eat up some of his contract, and get Matt Garza, who is 27, in return.

Sign 27 year old Prince Fielder to play first

Seems insane, yet it does make sense to me. However, I don't see it as something realistic.... what do you guys think?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two predictions of mine... it went pretty much the exact same way I predicted.

And the Yankees should have won Game 5.... the Yankees are capable of beating Texas and any NL team still in the postseason right now. If we won, I would think that with no Philly shit going on, we would have won the WS

They should have won every game they lost. The tying run was at the plate in the ninth in all three of them.

I was watching a bit of the ALCS a few moments ago and they have the former Red Sox Manager in the booth doing commentary with Joe Buck.... lame, very boring. Its much better when its Buck & Mcraver calling the shots for FOX baseball games.

Also former Met 3rd Baseball Robin Ventura is now the Manager of the White Sox, hes famous for getting beat up by Nolan Ryan for charging the mound after getting hit by a pitch lol.

I prefer Matt Vasgersian lol...I hear him when I play MLB The Show yet I've only heard his voice on TV a few times before.

Tex: Trade him to the Cubs while the Yankees eat up some of his contract, and get Matt Garza, who is 27, in return.

Seems insane, yet it does make sense to me. However, I don't see it as something realistic.... what do you guys think?

Vasgersian is very good in the booth IMO. I listened to him call two Mets games and one Yankee game this year.

If the Yankees had won, I wonder what that booth would have been like with Tito calling the games...

As for your roster moves... I don't see them as realistic either.

So guys what you think of Brewers Lead TV Announcer Brain Anderson replacing Ernie Johnson calling play-play for the NLCS for Turner? Johnson is 'leave of absence' taking care of one of his sons who very sick.

In the LCS and world series IMO what NBC did for many years in the 1960's and early '70's is that one of the members of the 'final 4' broadcast teams like this year in 2011, Anderson, the Cards Mike Shannon, etc. should join Buck, McCarver since they know the teams playing on the big stage better than anyone.

There are already rumors that Anderson may become the permament lead play-play guy for Turner as long as they hold the main cable home for MLB.

While Ernie Johnson would return to lead studio host for both MLB and NBA coverage (IMO he maybe the best sports studio anchor in America right now)

And FYI, the reason Francona was the Analyst for the ALCS on Fox is that McCarver was having a minor heart surgey.

This 2011 MLB playoff update presented by Subway. Eat fresh and try our new baked and never fried great tasting Chicken Breast Sandwich. Yummy:eek:

After being down 4-1 in game uno to the Cards, the Brewers highlighted by homers by Braun and Fielder have exploded to take 8-5 in bottom of 6th inning (when i wrote this).

Meanwhile in Arlington, game #2 for tonight 10/9 has been postponded due to rain in the Dallas area. Game #2 will now be played with 1st pitch around 415pm et as Texas won the opener of the 2011 ALCS delayed twice due to rain. So after the hottest and dryest summer in Texas recorded history, they now get rain go figure.:eek:

This 2011 MLB playoff update presented by Subway. Eat fresh and try our new baked and never fried great tasting Chicken Breast Sandwich. Yummy:eek:

After being down 4-1 in game uno to the Cards, the Brewers highlighted by homers by Braun and Fielder have exploded to take 8-5 in bottom of 6th inning (when i wrote this).

Meanwhile in Arlington, game #2 for tonight 10/9 has been postponded due to rain in the Dallas area. Game #2 will now be played with 1st pitch around 415pm et as Texas won the opener of the 2011 ALCS delayed twice due to rain. So after the hottest and dryest summer in Texas recorded history, they now get rain go figure.:eek:

The Brewers won that game, 9 to 6.

Watched much of the game (also little bit of Pats-jets game as well)and Miller park was loud and rockin. Wisc. sports fans especially of those of the Packers and Brewers are among the most loyal and passionate in all of North American sports. The midwest passion reminds me alot of Boston/New England i.e Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celtics but without the rudeness of many Northeast sports fans.:eek:

Watched much of the game (also little bit of Pats-jets game as well)and Miller park was loud and rockin. Wisc. sports fans especially of those of the Packers and Brewers are among the most loyal and passionate in all of North American sports. The midwest passion reminds me alot of Boston/New England i.e Sox, Pats, Bruins and Celtics but without the rudeness of many Northeast sports fans.:eek:

Ryan Howard might be gone for the entire 2012 season and this acheillies situation can even be carrer-threating. Just a thought on Prince wanting a big payday and still be on a world series contender.

Oh yeah I forgot about that ;)

Ryan Howard might be gone for the entire 2012 season and this acheillies situation can even be carrer-threating. Just a thought on Prince wanting a big payday and still be on a world series contender.

Oh yeah I forgot about that ;)

I like Matt Vasgersian too, if only he can replace the annoying Michael Kay. Why would you want A-Rod at DH? Yes I know he's getting older but he's still pretty good at the hot corner. I don't know if the Yanks should sign Encarnacion anyway. As for Montero being full time catcher, that ain't gonna happen as much as I also want him behind the plate. He has a cannon for an arm but his weakness is mobility and the ability to block pitches in the dirt. I guess you do not want to know how a battery like Burnett/Montero would end up. I see Montero as a right handed Victor Martinez. He can DH most of the time and catch a game or two every week. I rather keep the great defensive catcher in Russell Martin who can hit and get on base than a defensively challenged Montero. At least Martin is not the god awful Jeff Mathis (offensive wise) of the Angels. I am down for trading Tex if a team wants him, but not for Matt Garza. Garza is good but he's a flyball pitcher who probably would not fit for Yankee Stadium. Yes he pitches great against the Red Sox but so did A.J. Burnett. I wish that does not happen on signing Prince Fielder. Yes he's young and has massive power but he's not that good defensively at first. I'll keep Tex despite how much he's making unless the Yankees can sign Albert Pujols. If the Yankees can move Tex (not gonna happen with that no trade clause), I hope it's just to accomodate Jesus Montero at first.

Yeah your ideas aren't realistic I read that, but I don't think Prince Fielder is going to the American League because he said he does not want to DH. Let's see what happens to the son of former Yankee Cecil Fielder out in the market. Please expect this offseason with Jon Heyman spreading rumors about Prince Fielder since he's a Scott Boras client.

I like Matt Vasgersian too, if only he can replace the annoying Michael Kay. Why would you want A-Rod at DH? Yes I know he's getting older but he's still pretty good at the hot corner. I don't know if the Yanks should sign Encarnacion anyway. As for Montero being full time catcher, that ain't gonna happen as much as I also want him behind the plate. He has a cannon for an arm but his weakness is mobility and the ability to block pitches in the dirt. I guess you do not want to know how a battery like Burnett/Montero would end up. I see Montero as a right handed Victor Martinez. He can DH most of the time and catch a game or two every week. I rather keep the great defensive catcher in Russell Martin who can hit and get on base than a defensively challenged Montero. At least Martin is not the god awful Jeff Mathis (offensive wise) of the Angels. I am down for trading Tex if a team wants him, but not for Matt Garza. Garza is good but he's a flyball pitcher who probably would not fit for Yankee Stadium. Yes he pitches great against the Red Sox but so did A.J. Burnett. I wish that does not happen on signing Prince Fielder. Yes he's young and has massive power but he's not that good defensively at first. I'll keep Tex despite how much he's making unless the Yankees can sign Albert Pujols. If the Yankees can move Tex (not gonna happen with that no trade clause), I hope it's just to accomodate Jesus Montero at first.

Yeah your ideas aren't realistic I read that, but I don't think Prince Fielder is going to the American League because he said he does not want to DH. Let's see what happens to the son of former Yankee Cecil Fielder out in the market. Please expect this offseason with Jon Heyman spreading rumors about Prince Fielder since he's a Scott Boras client.

Just finished watching ALCS Game 2... walk off Grand Slam by some dude who I already forgot the name of SMH. See Mr A Rod, now THAT'S clutch hitting!

I also see why Joe Buck gets all the hate that he gets, dude hits a walk off grand slam and Buck doesn't raise his voice or get hype, dude did the same thing with that Giants - New England SB a few years ago.

The guy from the red sox still barely talks, man get former White Sox manager Ozzie in there w/ buck, that would be epic!

Just finished watching ALCS Game 2... walk off Grand Slam by some dude who I already forgot the name of SMH. See Mr A Rod, now THAT'S clutch hitting!

I also see why Joe Buck gets all the hate that he gets, dude hits a walk off grand slam and Buck doesn't raise his voice or get hype, dude did the same thing with that Giants - New England SB a few years ago.

The guy from the red sox still barely talks, man get former White Sox manager Ozzie in there w/ buck, that would be epic!

I think Buck has some throat bug so his voice isn't 'booming', but if not for his vocals, he sucks in calling games. A robot could do a better job.

Texiera should've be dropped to 8th or 9th in the playoffs. Much as Fielder would be nice to have for his bat, I don't think it'd be worth it over trading Texiera's fielding abilities.

I think Buck has some throat bug so his voice isn't 'booming', but if not for his vocals, he sucks in calling games. A robot could do a better job.

Texiera should've be dropped to 8th or 9th in the playoffs. Much as Fielder would be nice to have for his bat, I don't think it'd be worth it over trading Texiera's fielding abilities.

Concourse i read somewhere Joe Buck had a minor surgrey right after the super bowl for either minor form of cancer or pinched nerve for his lungs as i am sure some one here can confirm. Thus reason Concourse, he now has vocal problems. IMO Fox, should have either Kenny Albert, Thom Breenman or even MLB Network's lead anchor Matt Vasgersian 'pitch hit' for Buck for this year's LCS/World Series till his better. However, Buck is Rupert Mudrock's 'boy' and will be the lead play-play man for the world series/playoffs as long as Fox has the MLB TV contract.

Plus McCarver is expected back by at latest the start of world series with his own health problems as he had 'minor' heart surgrey and reason Francona was the guest analyst.

Shifting back to the on game action, Nelson Cruz makes history with the 1st ever 'walk off' grand slam homer in World Series/playoff history as Rangers take commanding 2 games to none lead in the '11 ALCS. Here clip.

I know Buck is not that well but man where the passionate call/call on this histroic home run?:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbkNfF70YQ

Concourse i read somewhere Joe Buck had a minor surgrey right after the super bowl for either minor form of cancer or pinched nerve for his lungs as i am sure some one here can confirm. Thus reason Concourse, he now has vocal problems. IMO Fox, should have either Kenny Albert, Thom Breenman or even MLB Network's lead anchor Matt Vasgersian 'pitch hit' for Buck for this year's LCS/World Series till his better. However, Buck is Rupert Mudrock's 'boy' and will be the lead play-play man for the world series/playoffs as long as Fox has the MLB TV contract.

Plus McCarver is expected back by at latest the start of world series with his own health problems as he had 'minor' heart surgrey and reason Francona was the guest analyst.

Shifting back to the on game action, Nelson Cruz makes history with the 1st ever 'walk off' grand slam homer in World Series/playoff history as Rangers take commanding 2 games to none lead in the '11 ALCS. Here clip.

I know Buck is not that well but man where the passionate call/call on this histroic home run?:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbkNfF70YQ

Concourse i read somewhere Joe Buck had a minor surgrey right after the super bowl for either minor form of cancer or pinched nerve for his lungs as i am sure some one here can confirm. Thus reason Concourse, he now has vocal problems.

So that's why...

I remember watching the first Yankee game on Fox of the year and wondering why Buck wasn't raising his voice like he did before.

Concourse i read somewhere Joe Buck had a minor surgrey right after the super bowl for either minor form of cancer or pinched nerve for his lungs as i am sure some one here can confirm. Thus reason Concourse, he now has vocal problems.

So that's why...

I remember watching the first Yankee game on Fox of the year and wondering why Buck wasn't raising his voice like he did before.

So that's why...

Guys (7line, Concourse, JW, R68, etc.)here the article i read a couple of months back on what wrong with Buck's voice. That also explains why during the summer Buck missed most of Fox' Saturday afternoon/evening 'games of the week'.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2011-07-10-joe-buck-vocal-cord-injury_n.htm

FYI. Cards won game #2 in blowout vs. Brewers tying series at 1 game apiece.

So that's why...

Guys (7line, Concourse, JW, R68, etc.)here the article i read a couple of months back on what wrong with Buck's voice. That also explains why during the summer Buck missed most of Fox' Saturday afternoon/evening 'games of the week'.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2011-07-10-joe-buck-vocal-cord-injury_n.htm

FYI. Cards won game #2 in blowout vs. Brewers tying series at 1 game apiece.

I don't need to be reminded of it. I remember reading an article about it from the Daily News a few weeks ago. Why else would I have even mentioned it? So please, stop 'addressing us', just post the article.

Seeing the Tigers down 0-2 = win. I still don't care who wins, but of the 4 teams, I'd 'root' for the Brewers by default and since I don't really hate them as a team.

Cards shouldn't even be there, Tigers [obvious reasons], Rangers [for last year]

As for 'Detroit should win for the city' - I don't buy it. Back in 2001 months after 9/11, by that logic, the Yankees should've won, but didn't. So call me a heartless jerk, but I could care less about 'win it for the city'. That's why I wanted the Colts to beat the Saints mainly for Peyton and didn't care about the Saints' backstory.

Archived