The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

- I'm not watching ESPN for the rest of this week (including sunday night football)....

- I'm not watching the rest of these playoffs; no reason for me to.... I'm not a baseball fan... just a yankee fan...

(I'm still pissed w/ the NFL overall & their rule changes though, that's why I haven't commented in that football thread, or showed much enthusiasm about this season so far....)

- I'm not "congratulating" the tigers, and I don't hope/want the rangers beat them either...

- I'll still check the thread (and comment if I feel compelled to) if anyone'll chime in on the rest of the games... But I won't waste eyesight on the games themselves, or look to check the scores via ESPN bottom panel, the internet, etc....

ARod chokes, and while he blew it earlier with the bases loaded, I can't really fault him. I do hope he has extra security though, he's gonna need it. The team couldn't squeeze out those extra runs in key innings. I feared that game 4 barrage was going to do them in.

yeh, the Yankees pride themselves on offense, and that's the one thing that let them down in the playoffs..... that one inning in game 4 when they scored those runs had more to do w/ tigers just melting down defensively than anything.....

no way can anyone pin this on A-Rod alone... this was a collective loss, offensively....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By default I do want to see the Phillies take it all, from a baseball perspective, I gotta respect that starting rotation. I don't give a damn about either the Tigers or Rangers. I hate them both.

For the Yankees, considering the has beens they added, they did very well and at least they got to game 5. Better this than choking like what Boston did, they way they did. 9 games up... smh, lol

What a way to lose New York. At least it's better to lose this way than the way Boston lost.

And down goes the ALCS ratings now that the haters got what they wanted.

What amazing is that when i was a little boy back in ancient history lol in the pre digital cable world a Cards-Brewers (when they were in the American League) world series to that point was among the most watched in US history. Until the histroic Red Sox-Mets Series in '86, game #7 of Cards-Brewers had an amazing rating.

This is another example of Bud Selig and his crew not promoting world series contenders not named the Yanks, Red Sox and in recent years the Phillies.

I am rooting for the Phillies to win it all. I love Roy Halladay.

I thought you was a Mets fan? The Phils are the Mets biggest rivals, even philly fans consider the Mets their biggest rivals, even though Altanta is more of a threat. :confused:

That like if the Jets make it to the postseason, and get knocked out by the Ravens and the Patriots play another team in the PS.. and a Jet fan saying their rooting for the Patriots to win it all and they really love Tom Brady.

Same thing with a Giants fan in regards to Mike Vick and the Eagles...

This is another example of Bud Selig and his crew not promoting world series contenders not named the Yanks, Red Sox and in recent years the Phillies.

yup, good point....

of the 4 major sports, baseball greatly suffers from this.... if none of the high market teams make it to the WS, viewership drastically plummets the most..

I thought you was a Mets fan? The Phils are the Mets biggest rivals, even philly fans consider the Mets their biggest rivals, even though Altanta is more of a threat. :confused:

That like if the Jets make it to the postseason, and get knocked out by the Ravens and the Patriots play another team in the PS.. and a Jet fan saying their rooting for the Patriots to win it all and they really love Tom Brady.

Same thing with a Giants fan in regards to Mike Vick and the Eagles...

Or a Yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox next time they are in the world series.:eek:

Wow shifting to the other game #5 in the NL divisional playoffs. Another shocker in making as perhaps one of the biggest pre-world series upset ever(at least since 1969 when the modern mlb post season era began)is on verge of reality.

Cards in 7th inning are 9 outs (as of this writing)from scoring a stunning upset of Philly. So the 2011 MLB playoffs is becoming like the NCAA Basketball Tourmnment with Duke, UCLA, N. Carolina-type teams in Yanks, Red Sox and now maybe Phils not even reaching the 'Final 4' aka LCS round.

IMO since i been following MLB around 1982-'83, only the Dodgers beating the Mets in 1988 comes close to this possible mega upset in MLB playoff history.:eek:

I dunno which Yankees fans you are talking about [other than Giuliani], but I would NEVER root for Boston in the WS. If I was old enough to know about baseball in 1986, I would've rooted for the Mets over Boston and I don't even like the Mets.

Should the Cards win and pull an upset, then Selig should be prepared for another crap WS match. The Phillies at ths point is their only hope.

I am sure the lines at sportsradio station WIP is going to be lit up lol over the next few days over the shocking upset of the Phillies.:eek:

Boston first...

Yankees second...

Phillies third... (FOX and TBS just lost the Philadelphia market now... goodbye money...)

...and there's no one left.

Texas and Detroit, St. Louis and Milwaukee...

...the biggest story there is Milwaukee being the first team to reach both the ALCS and the NLCS... aside from that, and the people in those cities, does anyone really care anymore?

Well MLB, there goes your ratings. Something told me the Phillies with all that pitching was gonna choke in the first round

Actually, Roy Halladay pitched one heck of a game. Anybody will take 8 innings of one run ball out of your starting pitcher, it was the offense that let him down. Chris Carpenter was way better, sealing the victory with a complete game shutout.

ALDS B: Rays vs Rangers

Rangers over Rays in four. I don't think the Rays are as good as Texas. Also, the Rays and Cards had to play all their starters because they didn't clinch until the last day. I think the lack of rest for the Rays will have a negative effect on the Rays

NLDS: Phillies vs Cardinals

Phillies, simply because of their starting rotation. However, if the Phillies offense goes dormant and Berkman + Pujols have a great series, I can see the Cards pulling a major upset in five games

Two predictions of mine... it went pretty much the exact same way I predicted.

And the Yankees should have won Game 5.... the Yankees are capable of beating Texas and any NL team still in the postseason right now. If we won, I would think that with no Philly shit going on, we would have won the WS

Actually, Roy Halladay pitched one heck of a game. Anybody will take 8 innings of one run ball out of your starting pitcher, it was the offense that let him down. Chris Carpenter was way better, sealing the victory with a complete game shutout.

Well said. The starting pitching is not the Phillies problem. It's the offense. Someone like *cough cough* Prince Fielder would be a great fit for them. I know Pujols is also available but he already in his mid-30's and already having problems with staying healthy. Albert should just stay and finish with the Cardinals making a case for his already HOF carrer as the maybe the best 'redbird' player ever.

So my LCS picks(i was awful in the 1st round with only correctly picking the Brewers).Kiddies don't try this at home lol.;)

NLCS

Brewers over Cards in 6 games.

ALCS

Rangers over Tigers in 7 games.

And shifting gears congrats to former Met Robin Ventura. Ventura a key member of the 2000 Mets that made the world series is the new skipper of the White Sox.

Well said. The starting pitching is not the Phillies problem. It's the offense. Someone like *cough cough* Prince Fielder would be a great fit for them. I know Pujols is also available but he already in his mid-30's and already having problems with staying healthy. Albert should just stay and finish with the Cardinals making a case for his already HOF carrer as the maybe the best 'redbird' player ever.

So my LCS picks(i was awful in the 1st round with only correctly picking the Brewers).Kiddies don't try this at home lol.;)

NLCS

Brewers over Cards in 6 games.

ALCS

Rangers over Tigers in 7 games.

And shifting gears congrats to former Met Robin Ventura. Ventura a key member of the 2000 Mets that made the world series is the new skipper of the White Sox.

if Prince Fielder goes to Philly, what do you do with Ryan Howard?

I was watching a bit of the ALCS a few moments ago and they have the former Red Sox Manager in the booth doing commentary with Joe Buck.... lame, very boring. Its much better when its Buck & Mcraver calling the shots for FOX baseball games.

Also former Met 3rd Baseball Robin Ventura is now the Manager of the White Sox, hes famous for getting beat up by Nolan Ryan for charging the mound after getting hit by a pitch lol.

Archived