Houston 75-87

Pittsburgh 58-104

West

Colorado 92-70

San Francisco 88-74

Los Angeles 77-85

San Diego 71-91

Arizona 65-97

I've got predictions for the 2011 MLB season too, but I'm not going to put win loss records, I'm just putting the order of the teams:

AL East:

(The first three are tossups, especially Boston & Yankees

y-Tampa Bay (and again, no one in Tampa will care)

w-Boston (though the wildcard could go to Oakland)

New York Yankees (and again Joe Girardi will wear #28)

Baltimore (who even cares about this team lol)

Toronto (lmfao)

AL Central:

(This division sucks, Joe Mauer holds this entire division up)

y-Minnesota

Chicago

Detroit

Kansas City

Cleveland

AL West:

y-Texas

Oakland

Anaheim

Seattle

NL East:

y-Atlanta (Their season will be simular to the 2010 Yankees)

Philadelphia (I know the pitching is good, but I have a feeling one or more players are gonna be injured)

Washington (the last place team is in third place... col)

New York Mets :mad: :cry: (oh well)

Florida (this team cannot be saved by a new stadium, reminds me of the NJ Nets)

NL Central:

(This division defines Mortal Kombat, baseball style)

y-Cincinnati

w-St. Louis

Chicago

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh (why, cause Wiz Khalifa bought stock and made a new slogan... jk)

Houston

NL West:

y-Colorado

San Francisco (by very little, but not enough for wildcard)

San Diego

Los Angeles

Arizona

y=division winner

w=wildcard

col means chuckle out loud

My predictions:

AL East:

Red Sox (Divison Winner)

Yankees (Wild Card)

Rays

Blue Jays

Orioles

AL Central

White Sox (Division Winner)

Twins

Tigers

Indians

Royals

AL West

Rangers

Angels

A's

Mariners

NL East

Phillies (Division Winner)

Braves (Wild Card)

Marlins

Mets

Nationals

NL Central

Reds (Division Winner)

Brewers

Cardinals

Cubs

Astros

Pirates

NL West

Rockies (Division Winner)

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

Diamondbacks

World Series Prediction: It will Red Sox vs. Phillies and I think the Phillies will win it, but it will go to a Game 7.

I'll start it out with my predictions for the 2011 MLB season:

American League

East

Boston 96-66

Tampa Bay 89-73

New York 89-73

Baltimore 75-87

Toronto 71-91

Central

Minnesota 94-68

Chicago 85-77

Detroit 79-83

Kansas City 69-93

Cleveland 69-93

West

Texas 90-72

Anaheim 86-76

Oakland 82-80

Seattle 64-98

National League

East

Philadelphia 99-63

Atlanta 92-70

Florida 78-84

New York 73-89

Washington 70-92

Central

Cincinnati 88-74

St. Louis 83-79

Milwaukee 79-83

Chicago 75-87

Houston 75-87

Pittsburgh 58-104

West

Colorado 92-70

San Francisco 88-74

Los Angeles 77-85

San Diego 71-91

Arizona 65-97

Lenin you realize that the Cards lost 'ace' starter Mr. Wainwright for the season right? And who are you wild cards?

Guys IMO it very early to make picks as they always a chance for last minute injuries right before opening day.

Welcome to our 2011 Baseball Thread. Good through the end of the World Series.

Anything baseball 2011: the Spring Exhibition Games, major and minor league regular season and post season, college baseball, baseball cards.

EE why not just make simple.:confused: Call it the 2011 MLB thread. I don't we will talk Minor leagues that often here.

Lenin you realize that the Cards lost 'ace' starter Mr. Wainwright for the season right? And who are you wild cards?

Guys IMO it very early to make picks as they always a chance for last minute injuries right before opening day.

In the AL, I have the Yankees and Rays finishing tied for the Wildcard. In the NL, it's the Braves.

I am surprised at you guys thinking the Cards will still contend in NL Central. Wainwright is gone for the season and their #4 and #5 projected starters are not setting the world on fire. I make my picks by no later than end of next week. I think the Reds and Brewers are the favorites in that divison though.

I've got predictions for the 2011 MLB season too, but I'm not going to put win loss records, I'm just putting the order of the teams:

AL East:

(The first three are tossups, especially Tampa Bay & Yankees

y-Tampa Bay (and again, no one in Tampa will care)

w-Boston (though the wildcard could go to Oakland)

New York Yankees (and again Joe Girardi will wear #28)

Baltimore (who even cares about this team lol)

Toronto (lmfao)

AL Central:

(This division sucks, Joe Mauer holds this entire division up)

y-Minnesota

Chicago

Detroit

Kansas City

Cleveland

AL West:

y-Texas

Oakland

Anaheim

Seattle

NL East:

y-Atlanta (Their season will be simular to the 2010 Yankees)

Philadelphia (I know the pitching is good, but I have a feeling one or more players are gonna be injured. Maybe they'll win the wildcard)

Washington (the last place team is in third place... col)

New York Mets :mad: :cry: (oh well)

Florida (this team cannot be saved by a new stadium, reminds me of the NJ Nets)

NL Central:

y-Cincinnati

Chicago

St. Louis

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh (why, cause Wiz Khalifa bought stock and made a new slogan... jk)

Houston

NL West:

y-Colorado

w-San Francisco

San Diego

Los Angeles

Arizona

y=division winner

w=wildcard

col means chuckle out loud

Changes made shown in green. I forgot about the pitching in St. Louis.

Some MLB News. The Phillies skipper Charlie Manuel has agreed to a $4 Million 2 year extension that now makes him among the top managers in the sport. Contract is through the end of the 2013 season.

Second MLB Biz News. Rupert Mudrock's News Corp's has recently sold many of Fox Sports Net(FSN) regional sports Net around the country. So on Opening Day former FSN affliates such as those in Denver(Rockies) Seattle(M's)Pittsburgh and KC(Royals)will now be known as "Root Sports."

In last couple of years, Mudrock's other former FSN affliates mainly in SF/Oakland, and Chicago has been brought up by Comcast Sports net.

So guys if you see a new "Root' logo on some former FSN affliates that the reason.

Some MLB News. The Phillies skipper Charlie Manuel has agreed to a $4 Million 2 year extension that now makes him among the top managers in the sport. Contract is through the end of the 2013 season.

Second MLB Biz News. Rupert Mudrock's News Corp's has recently sold many of Fox Sports Net(FSN) regional sports Net around the country. So on Opening Day former FSN affliates such as those in Denver(Rockies) Seattle(M's)Pittsburgh and KC(Royals)will now be known as "Root Sports."

In last couple of years, Mudrock's other former FSN affliates mainly in SF/Oakland, and Chicago has been brought up by Comcast Sports net.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110311&content_id=16903796&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex.'>http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110311&content_id=16903796&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex.

So guys if you see a new "Root' logo on some former FSN affliates that the reason.

Forgot to mention some MLB History has been made. The Texas Rangers Nolan Ryan has become the first former MLB player to become CEO/Majority Owner of a ballclub in the sport's long history.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110311&content_id=16903796&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex

PS Another HOF the Cards late 2b Rogers Hornsby was a part owner in St Louis in the late 1930's as well.

Pittsburgh Lawyear Chuck Greenberg who along with Ryan last summer brought the club has sold his majority shares to Ryan. There are rumors Greenberg will buy his hometown Pirates who could be soon on the market.

Still Ryan joins other HOF's Micheal Jordan(Bobcats) and Mario Lemuiux(Peguins)as majority Owners of their clubs in the '4' major leagues.

I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_you_all-s480x360-106842.jpg

Since the Mets are gonna have to clean house on the field and deal with too many distractions off the field, it's gonna cost them some wins.

As for the Yankees, they don't have a rotation that's deep enough.

Right, Yanks pitching this year has got more holes than Swiss cheese. It's gonna be exciting watching the magician Girardi turn a bullpen into nine innings... I blame Cashman. That man did NOTHING over the winter, Cliff Lee was just emblematic of the offseason.

Mets-wise, Oly Perez isn't looking too good right now but I've got faith in the team. Still, the fact that they're broke isn't gonna help...

Cashman should've at least gotten more pitchers, rather than focusing on big free agents. At least, it would've allowed the Yankees to have more insurance in their rotation.

Right, Yanks pitching this year has got more holes than Swiss cheese. It's gonna be exciting watching the magician Girardi turn a bullpen into nine innings... I blame Cashman. That man did NOTHING over the winter, Cliff Lee was just emblematic of the offseason.

Mets-wise, Oly Perez isn't looking too good right now but I've got faith in the team. Still, the fact that they're broke isn't gonna help...

I blame Cashman for betting/waiting too long on Lee when in the end Lee burned the Yanks and went to the Phillies.

The washed up players like Garcia and Colon - well I don't expect much from each, but maybe they have something. I don't think the Yankees will do much this year anyway. Andy's retirement was the big nail on the coffin. He would've been the savior this year. We are now putting a lot of 'faith' on Burnett to not implode again.

Hank and/or Hal made the right call to get Soriano from Tampa.

But if the prospects pan out the way Cashman has hyped, then I give him some credit on that end. Provided they aren't traded away for some has been pitcher for a rent-a-season. The obvious choice would be to trade for 'King' Felix, but Seattle won't give up their franchise player for anything it seems.

Mets, it's gonna be worse with the news about Santana and if he can pitch this season at all. I'm really starting to appreciate Cashman's stance on not trading Hughes for Santana and waiting for Sabathia.

I blame Cashman for betting/waiting too long on Lee when in the end Lee burned the Yanks and went to the Phillies.

The washed up players like Garcia and Colon - well I don't expect much from each, but maybe they have something. I don't think the Yankees will do much this year anyway. Andy's retirement was the big nail on the coffin. He would've been the savior this year. We are now putting a lot of 'faith' on Burnett to not implode again.

Hank and/or Hal made the right call to get Soriano from Tampa.

But if the prospects pan out the way Cashman has hyped, then I give him some credit on that end. Provided they aren't traded away for some has been pitcher for a rent-a-season. The obvious choice would be to trade for 'King' Felix, but Seattle won't give up their franchise player for anything it seems.

Mets, it's gonna be worse with the news about Santana and if he can pitch this season at all. I'm really starting to appreciate Cashman's stance on not trading Hughes for Santana and waiting for Sabathia.

In worst case scnerio, the Mets could finish in 4th place in improving NL East if everything went wrong. At least for last few days, the Madoff scandal has quiet down on the team.

Yankees are the biggest question mark in 2011 MLB. If the starting pitching holds up, they will be at least the AL Wild card. If not in worst case the Bombers can finish as low as 3rd place in AL East. The Blue Jays and Orioles are both improving. While the Rays if their next wave of rookies in the post Garza/Crawford era go great, they could finish in the wild card berth.

The Mets won today, 13 to 3, against the St. Louis Cardinals. LHP Pat Misch started for the Mets and went 3.2 innings and gave up 3 runs. Oliver Perez followed with 0.1 inning. Blaine Boyer and Taylor Buchholz each pitched 2 scoreless innings, with Tim Byrdak pitching a scoreless inning in between. RF Scott Hairston hit two bombs and drove in 2. Angel Pagan hit a 3-run homer, Luis Hernandez had 2 hits, including a 2-run double, and Willie Harris drove in 2 with a double, and Luis Castillo, Justin Turner, and Jason Pridie each drove a run.

O.K., What is bad about Minor League Baseball and baseball cards?

Through the years, the Yankees had some of the best - The Newark Bears, Kansas City Blues, Denver Bears, Syracuse Chiefs, Columbus Clippers and now Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. Do you know of the Jersey City Giants? Or of the 1981 Albuquerque Dukes? For years, the Pacific Coast League was like a league of its own.

Topps issued some of its best sets during the 1970's with the 1972 and 1975 Topps Baseball Sets being the greatest. 1972 featured the team name in a curved 3-D effect and The Yankees had a yellow border. The Mets had a red border. Nolan Ryans first card as an Angel is in this set. Steve Carlton has his regular card as a Cardinal and a Traded card as a Phillie. 787 cards in six series - the last set to be issued in series from Spring Training to August during the season.

I stopped collecting baseball cards around maybe 1998 [don't remember the year]. My only complete set was a tops or upper deck set from 1997 [that set me back $40]. I gave up because it was either a hassle or too expensive to get a set of certain years. Plus the more tv I watched, I just don't bother collecting the cards since I can look up the stats online.

The new Mets GM Sandy Alderson talks like he is in a stupor.

Sure he is more articulate then Minaya but he puts me to sleep, lol.

Watch the Phillies pick up Castillo.

At least Alderson is doing what he's intended to do; cut the fat contracts ad the old hags, including Castillo.

Archived