Bus operator test #8006

xyuk

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an update. So I took my drug test on July 20th. Okay cool. I could dig it. Got called in for the medical, on July 26th to come in for July 27th. Cool i could dig that too........Being sworn in as a Bus Operator after a long tedious day. Priceless. The feeling is a very fulfilling feeling. I report to Zerega on August 15th. I thank God, cause he put me in that position and if you pray and if he wills it, it will be for you too. The nurse who cleared me for the medical was really nice. My interviewer was very nice also. Failure ain't an option for me at this point. I want this so I'm going to get it.

I know that you aren't a troll because you came on this forum back in 08

so I believe you, but how come there are people with list numbers(#400's)

lower then yours who still haven't taken the medical yet?

Do they just randomly skip numbers? I heard that the Aug 15th class

still has vacancies. By the way was the nurse hot as well as being nice?

just wondering...

I feel as though the DCAS hotline is not as up to date as it should be, to my knowledge there has been approximately somewhere around the 120's appointed to C/R position thus far, and according to sealteam, the highest # known that has been called for B/O is 578. Keep good faith. I am in a similar situation as well with my current job, it really sucks now and have my fingers crossed that they reach my number (1185) real soon. If you'd like I can forward you a PM that was sent to me by a well respected member on this board about transit companies that are hiring as of lately, it's not the MTA but I feel as though getting some experience prior wouldn't be a bad thing.

-Regards

Forward it to me when you can.

Contgrats, best wishes! I can't wait till I'm reporting to Zerega myself. Hope to be a fellow B/O really soon.. My # is coming up sooner than I thought (632) I'm super excited and ready for everything that's coming my way.. Also Wishing everyone luck in all aspects of this process it's not easy but be ready and patient..

Contgrats, best wishes! I can't wait till I'm reporting to Zerega myself. Hope to be a fellow B/O really soon.. My # is coming up sooner than I thought (632) I'm super excited and ready for everything that's coming my way.. Also Wishing everyone luck in all aspects of this process it's not easy but be ready and patient..
all i know is that your list #is coming real soon they are sending letters out for the drug test still .they are gonna have a couple of classes coming up aug,sep,oct the last batch of hires a dozen or so are still on but many quit and some had accidents i was told same thing when i was hired people dont relize being a bus driver you deal with some people with attitudes this job aint for everyone.you have to not let the public or the traffic get to you once it does you will have a hard time with your job good luck to you.one class i think is aug 15 then after that they screen more for the next one about 2-3 weeks apart till the next one or depends how many more they need.

just wondering...

Actually she was a doctor not a nurse, not my type, i like them younger. A very nice person though. By the way guys if you are taking your medical. make sure your blood pressure isn't above 170. Meaning it can be elevated, but not over 170. She said the test that they pay close attention to is the ekg reading. I saw a bus operator with one eye there. I'm just saying.

Thanks and good luck. My zeal is the same as yours. The next 2 weeks i'm just going to take it easy, pray alot and play my bus simulator game lol

Actually she was a doctor not a nurse, not my type, i like them younger. A very nice person though. By the way guys if you are taking your medical. make sure your blood pressure isn't above 170. Meaning it can be elevated, but not over 170. She said the test that they pay close attention to is the ekg reading. I saw a bus operator with one eye there. I'm just saying.

God bless that person with 1 eye, pretty inspiring to say the least.

I know you can drive a car with 1 eye, but a bus is a different scenario.

CDL holders are held to higher standards.

Thank God they don't draw blood, it's not the needle in the arm that bothers me it's the sight of blood,lol. I have to turn my head to the side or close my eyes and I don't open them for awhile, the lab tech always laughs at me. Could be worse, some people faint, but I never did.

just wondering...

I do not no about the nurse but the doctor was OK. Last week I was put on medical hold because I answered yes to a medical question about being admitted to a hospital. Feelings were mixed as some told me bad move just answer no, others told me you did the right thing because it,s good to get everything cleared up. I felt I had no choice because the 2nd question was about medications which I currently am on. Therefore I would have had to answer no to technically 4 hospital admissions and 2 medications,and the medications alone may have raised a question. The doctor thanked me for being honest as he said this is a job involving the safety of people and they have to make sure you are medically OK to drive a bus. I brought in the report of the last admission today (Mon 8/1/)and was taken off medical hold and was processed to report on Aug 15. It may have taken a few more days to clear but if I do get pass training and processed further at least I feel I got a skeleton out of my closet. Good luck to all on Aug. 15.

I do not no about the nurse but the doctor was OK. Last week I was put on medical hold because I answered yes to a medical question about being admitted to a hospital. Feelings were mixed as some told me bad move just answer no, others told me you did the right thing because it,s good to get everything cleared up. I felt I had no choice because the 2nd question was about medications which I currently am on. Therefore I would have had to answer no to technically 4 hospital admissions and 2 medications,and the medications alone may have raised a question. The doctor thanked me for being honest as he said this is a job involving the safety of people and they have to make sure you are medically OK to drive a bus. I brought in the report of the last admission today (Mon 8/1/)and was taken off medical hold and was processed to report on Aug 15. It may have taken a few more days to clear but if I do get pass training and processed further at least I feel I got a skeleton out of my closet. Good luck to all on Aug. 15.

You did the right thing, all I keep hearing is don't lie or hold back information that

they might find out about you later on. You were put on hold and not disqualified,

you are still in the game.

I know hospital records are confidential, not sure if they(MTA) have

ways to "legally" search through them.

You did the right thing, all I keep hearing is don't lie or hold back information that

they might find out about you later on. You were put on hold and not disqualified,

you are still in the game.

I know hospital records are confidential, not sure if they(MTA) have

ways to "legally" search through them.

they dont go into your hospital records or medications at all.

they dont go into your hospital records or medications at all.

I somewhat second that; the amount of applicants they need to search through on medical documents would make it almost impossible to audit someone and get them a timely report date for Zerega, unless they're willing to let you wait an additional 4 months (or more) to start.

But, whatever; I'm glad we have another guy onboard for August 15th.

See you there.

I do not know if they actually check hospital records but I called a co-worker from my last job. His wife is a nurse with a Manhattan hospital and she told me she checked with some doctors and told me all hospitals keep records forever. How far back I do not know I guess with today's electronic age it seems it,s very possible. As for them making you wait a few months I did talk to some people there who said they were on hold from back in March and felt if not on hold they could of started back in March. Remember from what I understand when you are on hold your spot is not saved and if the vacancies are filled before you clear you have to start all over again and wait till they start hiring again. Test are good for until you start , drug test 30 days medical 90 days.

dont look into your medical records or what medications you are taking its up to you if you want to tell them .if you have a serious medical condition that might prevent you from doing the job or put people lives at risk dont take the job.sorry harry i put this as a quote but came as a thread dont know why.

does anyone know what # they r up to on 8006 to be called in?

MTA H.R. Can help with what # they're up to. 347-643-8231

After 3rd drug test I got called last week to have medical today.

List # is mid 470's and I'm in the 8/29 class at Zerega. Gotta hold on a little more.

Good luck to everybody.

List # is mid 470's and I'm in the 8/29 class at Zerega. Gotta hold on a little more.

Good luck to everybody.

you and some others in the low to mid 500 list#s are in that class all i know they are still calling people in and sending out letters which is good that it is moving:)

Good luck to everybody.

3/28- you took your 1st drug test-8/29- you finally get placed in class

after a 5 month wait. Don't know why they have people with list numbers

higher then yours starting in next weeks class. I guess they do things over

there for no rhyme or reason. Please keep us updated on the 8/29 class.:tup:

• 1 month later...

I finally got the letter in the mail telling me to report for interview and medical testing on 9/21 Can someone please tell me what the process will be for that day? i.e what do they ask during the interview? How long after this process does one find out if they got picked?

CanaKnight,

There's really no "interview", though you it's proper to come with appropriate attire. You'll be there with others who were also called to do drug test screening, and fill out some paperword. Depending on how they're moving things at the EMP center and Zerega it may take up to 3-4 weeks before you're scheduled into a class.

There's literally tons of information available on this forum. For starters, I would look for the #5025 thread I started sometime ago, which is a few pages long, but will give you a great outlook on what to expect. The info is fairly fresh as I became an operator (in line training still for a few more days) for the past 2 weeks.

Good luck.

Archived