Some R32's going to the (Z)?

VIP

Whoa whoa whoa... Wheres the PROOF that all this is going to happen? IMO its just another foamtastic idea. Honestly, I'd love to see this, but as others said Ill believe it when I see it.

learn to read.

Apparently reading is fundamental on this site b/c ppl tend to believe what they want to believe.....only in a foamers world!

what are you insinuating? did you not read the post either? or are you illiterate?

I actually don't think it would be THAT confusing to have a train signed as (Mx) on the current (M) route. If it has the correct side rollsigns and announcements, it's fine. I've seen a (Q) signed up as a (Q6Av) once, and nobody thought the wiser.

Now that's where there the problem lies...

1. 71-Continental is the new north terminal and Metropolitan became a souh terminal. Neither destination is on the bottom rollsign

2. Although the R42 C/R board is up on the Brooklyn and Queens (Myrtle Av) end of the route since the (Mx) ws dominated by R42s years ago, the boards are not up on the 6 Av & QBL parts of the route

I know, but when white plains road said that, I just HAD to make the reference.

But getting back on topic...

R32s on the (Z) would be unusual at best. But where would the R42s go?

Do they need to go anywhere? There are a lot of R32's in spare. Even if the (Z) would get some R32's, there would still be a lot of spare R32's. So the R42's don't need to get anywhere per se.

Now that's where there the problem lies...

1. 71-Continental is the new north terminal and Metropolitan became a souh terminal. Neither destination is on the bottom rollsign

2. Although the R42 C/R board is up on the Brooklyn and Queens (Myrtle Av) end of the route since the (Mx) ws dominated by R42s years ago, the boards are not up on the 6 Av & QBL parts of the route

Ah yes, I see where that would be a problem, rollsign wise. I'm sure there were boards on the 6 Av/QBL at some point, because I remember R42's on both those routes.

Do the R32's have new spare parts or are the same pieces being endlessly maintained?

I guess maintenance. BUDD doesn't exist anymore, so they can't make spare parts anymore. And the spare parts that the MTA used to have are probably already used seeing how old the R32's are.

Archived