Some R32's going to the (Z)?

VIP

in the wake of the Marcy Ave incident on a Metropolitan av bound (M) all R42 C/R boards now have an "R 42" in orange paint. But i've been Hearing a lot of talk on the (MTA) getting rid of the 50 R42's by June in replacement for 50 R32's. I don't how true this is or if it was just a suggestion, but if the (J)/(Z) gets R32's doesn't the (MTA) personnel have to change the C/R boards again? and wouldn't that just have defeated the purpose of labeling the R42 boards?

what do you think? :confused:

The TA Scrapped the Plan, Unless they are keeping their mouth shut, as for the boards they wont get rid of them, and the R32 can use the R160 boards.

as people on here saying that I said these things since december, Those plans were true its just that they scrap the plan at the last mintue.

The (G) is going to CI this summer and it will use R68's (Big Mistake, its better if it ran R160's due to OPTO), so that leaves jamaica with extra R46's that would go to pitkin yard unless CI takes them for the (G), and allow the extra 50 R32's to ether sit in storage or Go replace the R42's, or just keep them on te (C).

The R42's have Holes in their roof, that's a problem, maybe if the TA wasn't being Lazy and repainted the roof of the R42's they wouldn't be as bad as they are now, all they need is a paint job and a few pacthes to cover up them holes, The Last time I heard that the TA need all of their equipment right now, and in april (Spring pick) the (J) is getting 2 more trainsets added to its fleet, might be th extra R42's laying around or R160's, who knows, for the ones who bashed me, I can care less, because I really don't care im a railfan, Railfans can have the right to talk about stuff like this, just like railroad buffs when they talk about what railcar is going where.

The TA Scrapped the Plan, Unless they are keeping their mouth shut, as for the boards they wont get rid of them, and the R32 can use the R160 boards.

as people on here saying that I said these things since december, Those plans were true its just that they scrap the plan at the last mintue.

The (G) is going to CI this summer and it will use R68's (Big Mistake, its better if it ran R160's due to OPTO), so that leaves jamaica with extra R46's that would go to pitkin yard unless CI takes them for the (G), and allow the extra 50 R32's to ether sit in storage or Go replace the R42's, or just keep them on te (C).

The R42's have Holes in their roof, that's a problem, maybe if the TA wasn't being Lazy and repainted the roof of the R42's they wouldn't be as bad as they are now, all they need is a paint job and a few pacthes to cover up them holes, The Last time I heard that the TA need all of their equipment right now, and in april (Spring pick) the (J) is getting 2 more trainsets added to its fleet, might be th extra R42's laying around or R160's, who knows, for the ones who bashed me, I can care less, because I really don't care im a railfan, Railfans can have the right to talk about stuff like this, just like railroad buffs when they talk about what railcar is going where.

The J can't get more R160's unless they come from the M or L. All 4 car set R160's are already at ENY.

The R42's were repainted back in 2009. One year later the roofs rusted again, and became rusted on the roofs. The reason why is the roofs are made of carbon steel which over time rusts.

Some of them were repainted recently,1 or 2 cars have their roofs painted.saw some of them a few weeks back.

And That's the only R32 to have the (Z) displaying Jamaica Nassau st, I took that photo when that R32 was on the (R).

I figured, because usually it just has a centered (Z) bullet.

What would be cool:

R32 & R42 (Z) train mixed :cool:

in the wake of the Marcy Ave incident on a Metropolitan av bound (M) all R42 C/R boards now have an "R 42" in orange paint. But i've been Hearing a lot of talk on the (MTA) getting rid of the 50 R42's by June in replacement for 50 R32's. I don't how true this is or if it was just a suggestion, but if the (J)/(Z) gets R32's doesn't the (MTA) personnel have to change the C/R boards again? and wouldn't that just have defeated the purpose of labeling the R42 boards?

Honestly I like to see that

In my opinion, the (M)/(V) combo is what saved the R42s, since East New York doesn't have enough R160s anymore to go around.

Yep those R42s may just stay put until the first few orders of the R179 comes in. Mind you this is unknown! But could be since i'm seeing some R42s being repainted in the car end

To make the (J) 100% R160s, the R42s would be traded to the (L) or (M). But neither can happen because the (L) uses CBTC and R42s aren't equipped with those, and R42's do not have (M) on the roll signs.

I actually don't think it would be THAT confusing to have a train signed as (Mx) on the current (M) route. If it has the correct side rollsigns and announcements, it's fine. I've seen a (Q) signed up as a (Q6Av) once, and nobody thought the wiser.

But i've been Hearing a lot of talk on the (MTA) getting rid of the 50 R42's by June in replacement for 50 R32's. I don't how true this is or if it was just a suggestion, but if the (J)/(Z) gets R32's doesn't the (MTA) personnel have to change the C/R boards again? and wouldn't that just have defeated the purpose of labeling the R42 boards?

Whoa whoa whoa... Wheres the PROOF that all this is going to happen? IMO its just another foamtastic idea. Honestly, I'd love to see this, but as others said Ill believe it when I see it.

Archived