Some R32's going to the (Z)?

VIP

in the wake of the Marcy Ave incident on a Metropolitan av bound (M) all R42 C/R boards now have an "R 42" in orange paint. But i've been Hearing a lot of talk on the (MTA) getting rid of the 50 R42's by June in replacement for 50 R32's. I don't how true this is or if it was just a suggestion, but if the (J)/(Z) gets R32's doesn't the (MTA) personnel have to change the C/R boards again? and wouldn't that just have defeated the purpose of labeling the R42 boards?

what do you think? :confused:

in the wake of the Marcy Ave incident on a Metropolitan av bound (M) all R42 C/R boards now have an "R 42" in orange paint. But i've been Hearing a lot of talk on the (MTA) getting rid of the 50 R42's by June in replacement for 50 R32's. I don't how true this is or if it was just a suggestion, but if the (J)/(Z) gets R32's doesn't the (MTA) personnel have to change the C/R boards again? and wouldn't that just have defeated the purpose of labeling the R42 boards?

what do you think? :confused:

The #1 cab does have a MDC for the c/r to operate out of, so he'll be in the middle of the train. If those R42's do get retired, all that will happen is the boards will come down.

The R32's has problems don't they. Why put them on the (J)/(Z) when we know about the problems with their air conditioning. Unless if you have some R32's with working AC's, but then again we don't even know if the R44's are going to run for the summer.

Maybe, in June or July, the (G) might be receiving R68s. If so, maybe, the R46s might go to the (C). That would free up R32 Brightliners to go to the (J)/(Z) (M). At present, I think it is still unconfirmed if R68s will go to the G and, if they do, where the R46s might go.

Will the R32s be able to fit through the Chrystie Street Connection?

You know unless if they open the windows on those cars they would be unbearably hot right. It isn't like the windows are fully open. Unless if the (MTA) plans to open all the windows to operate the cars during the summer. Though I don't think the R42's are going to be retired over the summer. It's most likely the R42's would be stored in the East New York Yard until farther notice.

It could be possible that the (MTA) decided to give the R42's a break for a while over the summer, and to keep the cars maintained so they can run better during the fall. They are old. They would need to keep up to date with those cars, and maintain them. Years of running has an effect on their carbon steel, and fiberglass ends, and body parts. Sure there are stainless steel parts, but they aren't the problem.

All I gotta say is:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here we go again! Oh wait! Remember last time in Dec 2010 someone who loves R32s said "Some R32s from the (C) will be going on the (J)(Z) and some R46s will go on the (C) off the (A) starting Feb 2011"?

Did it happened? NO! Did i believe? NO! Do I believe this now? NO! Show me facts before i say.. Oh ok i believe .

~DONE~!

R32's going to the (J)(Z).... So what about the R160's they already which is in better condition????

lollz u didnt read this thread completely did u.

And i don't know what being "better" has to do with swaps..

You know unless if they open the windows on those cars they would be unbearably hot right. It isn't like the windows are fully open. Unless if the (MTA) plans to open all the windows to operate the cars during the summer. Though I don't think the R42's are going to be retired over the summer. It's most likely the R42's would be stored in the East New York Yard until farther notice.

The R42 cars at ENY arn't being retired nor will they be stored for the summer.

Really? R32's on the (J)... It's not happening. Just put that idea to rest. R32's are going into storage during the summer because of there A/C problems. People just love foaming over a R32 on the (J) don't they?

I doubt the R32 cars will be put to storage during the summer.sure they had A/C problems last year,doesn't mean they'll have them again.

Archived