BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

No idea... They started showing up a few weeks ago. What annoys me is when they run nothing but those damn nasty Orions. They must take them out of storage and run them at certain times to have the newer buses repaired or whatever. In any event I hate it.

Well, as my signature says, I'm lovin' it. B)

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO... Talk about a white lie. I tell ya, if you were waiting for a bus along the Henry Hudson Parkway as I have you'd see that an express bus is far more appealing looks wise than a boring local bus.

Yes, because every MCI in revenue in service is so vividly different from one another.

Different taillights and headlights a different bus does not make.

Once again, I get 262 going home on the B35. I swear if its not that one, its 232 that I see every day...methinks they replaced my original stalker (9141) B)

Yes, because every MCI in revenue in service is so vividly different from one another.

The only MCI that stood out above the others (before they scrapped it) was 2006. That one you noticed from a block away

Ugh... Some people don't know elegance when they see it. There is nothing more classier and elegant in the (MTA) fleet than the MCI express bus, particularly the MCI D4500. This is my message for the day and I approve of it. :P You want to talk about boring?? Those NICE buses are boring... :eek:

The only expresses I like aesthetically are the Prevosts. The MCIs are boring now, and I'm glad that there's variety to the express fleet at last.

LOL... I hate those Prevosts... I forget which B/O it was that said it on here, but they look and feel cheap. Those seats are terrible. I tried giving them a second chance but they are just blah. When you have a well crafted bus you don't need variety. :cool:

Yes anything is possible, but I haven't seen a bus yet in the (MTA) bus fleet that stands up to the MCI.

Yeah ok...and that's the reason why the 1998 and 1999 MCIs are already going out the door whereas we still have Orion 5s and RTS' from 1995 STILL in service, so you can take that comment and stick it where it belongs. :P

Yeah ok...and that's the reason why the 1998 and 1999 MCIs are already going out the door whereas we still have Orion 5s and RTS' from 1995 STILL in service, so you can take that comment and stick it where it belongs. :P

LOL... Oh please... MCIs eat up far more mileage than those local buses... Farrrr more... :cool: MCI=bigger, better, bolder... The best. :tup:

Orion 5s lead the way!!! Certainly more character than a boring express bus. Trololololol;)

Yeah, and I've been catching a lot of them these past few weeks. I got off the S44 about 20 minutes ago, and behind it was an S59 and another S44. Of course, I wasn't happy about the bunching, but :tup: to the fact that they were all O5s. :cool:

I had surgery recently, and it seems that as soon as I recovered and got back to taking buses, they've all been O5s. Talk about a nice welcome back present. :tup:

LOL... Oh please... MCIs eat up far more mileage than those local buses... Farrrr more... :cool: MCI=bigger, better, bolder... The best. :tup:

Lol...keep repeating that and you may start to believe yourself....

Yeah, and I've been catching a lot of them these past few weeks. I got off the S44 about 20 minutes ago, and behind it was an S59 and another S44. Of course, I wasn't happy about the bunching, but :tup: to the fact that they were all O5s. :cool:

I had surgery recently, and it seems that as soon as I recovered and got back to taking buses, they've all been O5s. Talk about a nice welcome back present. :tup:

I know...I rode my favorite Orion 5 on the S59 about two hours ago, bus no. 6300. It moves like Jagger lol :eek:

Ugh... Some people don't know elegance when they see it. There is nothing more classier and elegant in the (MTA) fleet than the MCI express bus, particularly the MCI D4500. This is my message for the day and I approve of it. :P You want to talk about boring?? Those NICE buses are boring... :eek:

NICE try, I like the Orion Vs and VIIs out here . Hell, even an Orion V with a 22-year-old design is curvier than those towers with wheels you idolize. Also, the buses out here are the same as the Orions on SI, only they have CNG tanks mounted on top and I think they look quite nice with the CNG tanks on.

Too bad tall people can't fit in those oh so dreadful Prevost seats, and the (MTA) will have those rolling in until that next 300-of-the-same-fiiing-bus order comes in... in 2014-2016 or so.

NICE try, I like the Orion Vs and VIIs out here . Hell, even an Orion V with a 22-year-old design is curvier than those towers with wheels you idolize. Also, the buses out here are the same as the Orions on SI, only they have CNG tanks mounted on top and I think they look quite nice with the CNG tanks on.

Too bad tall people can't fit in those oh so dreadful Prevost seats, and the (MTA) will have those rolling in until that next 300-of-the-same-fiiing-bus order comes in... in 2014-2016 or so.

Yeah Staten Island and Southern Brooklyn are stuck with those cheap Prevosts. We in Riverdale will have my favorite MCIs for years to come... They're nice and clean. Yonkers does a decent job, but then again we in Riverdale believe in keeping a clean community, which passes on to our express buses. :cool:

The same person who loves the Novas is knocking on Prevosts when they're built by the EXACT SAME COMPANY...oh well, have fun in Sewerdale with Brian Slimeturd....

LMAO... Sewerdale... Very funny... Sounds like something we'd call Kingsbridge since it's beneath us geographically, but figuratively speaking as well. LOL The NOVAS are okay, but the signage I could do without.

LMAO... Sewerdale... Very funny... Sounds like something we'd call Kingsbridge since it's beneath us geographically, but figuratively speaking as well. LOL The NOVAS are okay, but the signage I could do without.

I do agree with you, though. The Prevosts do seem cheaply made.