BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you ever see it in person?

Just saw some photos of it... It looks pretty good!

Yes, I rode it in person. The rear section is the same as a 60-BRT, but the front section was extended. Basically it was a 40/25 combo. Nice ride and to my knowledge it's still in service.

now that i look at the Q38 route map and the its depot  my questions are why..

is it based at college point it seems its in LGA(triboro) territory?

why it's routing a big U shape and then some when the two terminals are like about 5 blocks away from each other?

and for some reason i remember it terminating somewhere else or am i wrong?

now that i look at the Q38 route map and the its depot  my questions are why..

is it based at college point it seems its in LGA(triboro) territory?

why it's routing a big U shape and then some when the two terminals are like about 5 blocks away from each other?

and for some reason i remember it terminating somewhere else or am i wrong?

It was actually based at LaGuardia originally and kept being shifted between CP & LGA for a while. But to answer your question, it was originally a Triboro route.

As to the origin of the Q38, it was originally two routes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bus_routes_in_Queens

Q38
[38] MTA
Bus Rego Park
62 Drive and 108 Street
(South) East end Corona
60 Avenue and Otis Avenue
(North) East end 63 Drive, Penelope Avenue,
Metropolitan Avenue,
Fresh Pond Road, Eliot Avenue,
57/59 Avenues

There are no Van Hool AGG300's in service within North America.

Exactly there isn't because in many locations these vehicles can not legally be operated.

So they are illegaly sold in the USA by ABC Industries then?

http://www.abc-companies.com/models/AGG300.asp

Let's roll up that mafia ABC company then.

Plus Hawaii has a few AGG300's and last time I checked Hawaii was one of the 50 US states.

Edited by Vistausss

So they are illegaly sold in the USA by ABC Industries then?

http://www.abc-companies.com/models/AGG300.asp

Let's roll up that mafia ABC company then.

Plus Hawaii has a few AGG300's and last time I checked Hawaii was one of the 50 US states.

Well for the most part yes, because nearly every state in the United States of America has restrictions in regard to vehicle length. I can't speak in regards to Canada, so perhaps laws are more leinient.

Realy? There's AGG300's in service in the state of Hawaii? Which transit agency?

I know none of the major agencies don't have any. Honolulu (The Bus) doesn't have any, Hilo doesn't have any, Lahania (Maui Bus) doesn't have any. It would come as no suprise the smaller agencies don't have any either. Lihue (Kuha'i bus) doesn't have any, Miliani doesn't have any, and Wailuku doesn't have any.

Unless you can prove me different?

I'll look up where I found that Hawaiian transit agency it was.

But ABC says "Exclusive US Van Hool Distributor" and they are based in Minnesota since the 1950s so I guess they're an illegal company now that they sell the AGG300 which isn't allowed according to your statement.

Canada also has Van Hool AGG300s... well, at least VIVA Bus has a few in conjunction to their mostly AG300 fleet.

Btw, AC Transit in California also has one or a few AGG300s.

Edited by Vistausss

Like I said: VIVA has mostly AG300 but they do have a AGG300. Not sure if it's in revenue service though.

And if AC Transit doesn't have at least one AGG300 then why did people on Subchat from that *area* said so?

Btw, while looking for the AGG300 in the USA I came across this pic of an AG300 in NYC. Awesome! :D

ag300.jpg

Edited by Vistausss

Like I said: VIVA has mostly AG300 but they do have a AGG300. Not sure if it's in revenue service though.

And if AC Transit doesn't have at least one AGG300 then why did people on Subchat from that *area* said so?

Btw, while looking for the AGG300 in the USA I came across this pic of an AG300 in NYC. Awesome! :D

ag300.jpg

WHATT!! Dammm ohh PLEASEE let this order be for VanHool! Damm this is hot!

Actually, that was a demo bus in 2008 so I'm not sure if the (MTA) is gonna buy Van Hools 5 years after they had a demo bus... But I do hope they get at least a few Van Hools because Van Hools are really beautiful and they drive so smooth and fast (I ride them multiple times a year as a passenger in here in The Netherlands in Utrecht).

I just thought about it...aren't there double artics in JFK airport? 

The Port Authority uses Orion VIIs in the parking lots and cargo areas, but there's a number of buses operated by/for airlines both before and after security so I don't know. Don't recall any kind of artics being around there. I think Terminal 4 and a few airlines there have the "cobus" which is like a transit bus that can hold about 100 people made for airport use. Those are for terminal shuttles past security and emergency rescues from planes. 

The Port Authority uses Orion VIIs in the parking lots and cargo areas, but there's a number of buses operated by/for airlines both before and after security so I don't know. Don't recall any kind of artics being around there. I think Terminal 4 and a few airlines there have the "cobus" which is like a transit bus that can hold about 100 people made for airport use. Those are for terminal shuttles past security and emergency rescues from planes. 

oohh yeah the cobus...thats what i was thinking about. 

WHATT!! Dammm ohh PLEASEE let this order be for VanHool! Damm this is hot!

So they can fall apart after one year of service in NYC? Do any of the depots wanna work with that tight mid-engine placement and lopsided axles? And the seating capacity is below what NFI and Nova buses give. But then again, MTS can't even build one working bus, so why not. It's only 90 buses.

So they can fall apart after one year of service in NYC? Do any of the depots wanna work with that tight mid-engine placement and lopsided axles? And the seating capacity is below what NFI and Nova buses give. But then again, MTS can't even build one working bus, so why not. It's only 90 buses.

LOL, in the end. I hope it's Designline. But these VanHool AG300s, look damm nice...

Question: This order for 90 test buses, is it 90 40ft buses or 90 artic. buses.