Good News- X37/X38 Twins Come Back From Grave- July 1st, 2011

FamousNYLover

That would work out, bring back the X37 and X38, the super express FDR Drive variations of the X27 and X28. I wonder however, will the X27B and X28B, West St Variations of the X27/X28 be retained as well?

In a nutshell, no. The X27 and X28 will short-turn at 23rd Street once again instead of having the rush hour X27s and X28s start at Worth Street, whereas the X37 and X38 would run to 57th Street.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a nutshell, no. The X27 and X28 will short-turn at 23rd Street once again instead of having the rush hour X27s and X28s start at Worth Street, whereas the X37 and X38 would run to 57th Street.

Thank you for your input, highly appreciated!

WHAT ABOUT THE FRICKIN X90?!?!?!?!?!? Manhattan doesn't even have 1 EXPRESS BUS ANYMORE but Brooklyn already has express buses, and now they're giving them MORE?? One commuter said that their trip is 20 minutes longer now, OH BOO HOO. AT LEAST THEY GET A SEAT and don't have to deal with being cramped in a frickin subway car being up against 10 other people.

And they should be SO HAPPY they're getting more express buses, but now they say that their fight isn't over, and they want express buses on the WEEKEND?!?!?!?!? This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In the words of Mr Jay Walder.... Take the subway or local bus. Manhattan already has those! If that's not an option for you take a cab! Also to quote you "AT LEAST THEY GET A SEAT and don't have to deal with being cramped in a frickin subway car being up against 10 other people." "OH BOO HOO":cry::cry::cry:

All I have to say is this is a BIG WIN for Southern Brooklyn residents!!! :cool: :tup: I am very happy with these developments, and I hope they continue to fight to get back weekend service in some capacity. This means that there is hope to bringing back other express bus routes.

And Gorgor, I've said this before... WRITE TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN! This is what happened in Southern Brooklyn. The (MTA) has had to give in over and over to Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights and Bensonhurst residents who simply won't allow them to steam roll them over and I'm glad that they are taking a stand! They have some political clout and they are using it. Simple as that. You don't and won't have any express bus supporters on this forum aside from me and maybe a few others, but know that I'm in your corner. I support the X90 being brought back. Hell if I lived in Yorkville/Upper East Side, I'd be pissed too.

If anything, we X16 riders will now make another push perhaps to try to get service restored because of these developments.

At this point whether or not the service is needed is sort of inmaterial to me because seeing how the (MTA) provides sh*tty service in general, getting them to re-store any lost service is a win just because of its symbolic meaning.

This is certainly very inspiring and with me doing taxes this weekend, I think finally this may give me a little inspiration to put this on my do list since I haven't wrote anything to my representatives since before and after the X16 cuts. Actually I think I'm going to write to Mr. Golden as well and congratulate him on a job well done and to give him my personal support. His area of Southern Brooklyn is lumped in with Staten Island, so we're all in the same boat, not to mention that I would benefit from the restoration of weekend express service back to Southern Brooklyn on both the X27 and X28.

I said all along that the X38/X38 was ridiculous and pointless.

Why does manhattan even need an express bus route when ALL commuters are coming from other boroughs.. Think about it!

Exactly. Manhattan DOES NOT NEED intra-borough express bus service. I seriously cannot believe how seriously express buses have become on this forum. The X37 and X38 are much more highly needed than the X90. All this "write to your representatives" crap is getting old and a waste of energy. How old is this Gorgor guy anyway? If he's so bent up about no space on public transit, he has other options like taking another line, or maybe consider bicycling from Yorkville to Lower Manhattan. How long would that take, 45 minutes, two-three blocks per minute heading south???

Exactly. Manhattan DOES NOT NEED intra-borough express bus service. I seriously cannot believe how seriously express buses have become on this forum. The X37 and X38 are much more highly needed than the X90. All this "write to your representatives" crap is getting old and a waste of energy. How old is this Gorgor guy anyway? If he's so bent up about no space on public transit, he has other options like taking another line, or maybe consider bicycling from Yorkville to Lower Manhattan. How long would that take, 45 minutes, two-three blocks per minute heading south???

According to you they don't and that's your opinion and I respect that. Gorgor feels differently and he's entitled to his opinion as well. Let's just respect that you two have differences and move on. I don't want to have this conversation all over again because it has been discussed and hashed out in other threads as to what is needed and why etc.

I certainly understand Gorgor because for him that was his primary means of transportation even though others may feel that he had alternatives. If your primary means of transportation was eliminated you would be pissed also and rightfully so, so let's just leave it at that and move on.

And why exactly wouldn't the M15 +SBS+ work out for them? The buses are all low-floor buses, and are ADA-accessable. If nothing else, they can get on the M15 local.

To be honest, while I do agree with the restoration of the X37/X38 (from a ridership and cost perspective), I think the lawsuit on behalf of the disabled was pure BS. Bay Ridge still has plenty of coverage (of all types) even after the reductions. If a senior really has to get somewhere and needs an accessable station, they can take the B63 to Atlantic Avenue and then transfer to the subway.

For anybody who argues that they shouldn't have to take the subway at all, because it is too crowded, you have to consider that that is what seniors in all express bus-less neighborhoods do across the city.

By the way, I don't think weekend service should be restored, and I doubt it ever will be.

Will the service be restored to its previous levels or will there be a reduction in the frequency/span?

By the way, I wonder when Via Garibaldi will comment. We all know how he feels about express buses.

As far the lawsuit being BS, that is certainly not true. While Bay Ridge may have coverage, it lacks coverage particularly where the X27 runs, along Shore Rd. Now you may argue that folks have the (B16), but as someone who has used the (B16) on Shore Rd to get to 86th St. station, I can assure that it is no fun ride and the (B16) only covers a portion of Shore Rd at that. There are parts of Shore Rd. with no local bus service to speak of and having walked from Shore Rd. to 3 and 4th Aves, it is a good little walk. With the (B16), it is a good 10 - 15 minutes to the train station depending on where you are along Shore Rd., not even considering the waiting time for the bus and then the wait for the slow @ss (R) and the transfer to the (N). So we are talking about 3 transfers which for someone my age is even a hassle. I can't imagine what a pain it would be for an elderly person considering that there are several flights of stairs to descend at 86th st with NO elevator or escalator of any kind.

What your overlooking is the fact that seniors for the most part that don't have express bus service have plenty of ADA alternatives and options. Southern Brooklyn residents particularly in Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bath Beach, and Bensonhurst do not and the X27 and X28 serve areas where the subway is not all that accessible. The (MTA) knows this and yet they try to be cheap and not only not make these stations accessible for the elderly, etc., but then they take away the only option that is ADA accessible. LOL

As far as weekend service goes, do not underestimate Mr. Golden. He has went to bat before his residents when the (MTA)tried to yank weekend service on the X27 and X28 and he will use every means necessary to get that service restored again. The area has the money to put up if necessary to have the service restored, and previously millions of dollars was put into place to keep weekend service on both lines.

Go preach to a choir that really gives a damn about the x90 because if people really wanted it back, they would've done some shit by now....

I know for a fact that they did try to fight to keep the X90 but lost, but perhaps these developments will help them to get that service restored. What I am curious about is what else besides the ADA argument did Mr. Golden use? I think it was a combination of things. For one, residents in that area are very close knit and stick together and fight and I'm sure he had thousands of letters pouring in from angry X27/X28 riders. Gorgor and his fellow residents should look at this as something that they can use to help them get their service back.

All this "write to your representatives" crap is getting old and a waste of energy.

If that's the case then how do you think the X37/X38 was restored? It wasn't through some act of niceness by the (MTA), I can assure you that.

WHAT ABOUT THE FRICKIN X90?!?!?!?!?!? Manhattan doesn't even have 1 EXPRESS BUS ANYMORE but Brooklyn already has express buses, and now they're giving them MORE?? One commuter said that their trip is 20 minutes longer now, OH BOO HOO. AT LEAST THEY GET A SEAT and don't have to deal with being cramped in a frickin subway car being up against 10 other people.

And they should be SO HAPPY they're getting more express buses, but now they say that their fight isn't over, and they want express buses on the WEEKEND?!?!?!?!? This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, cooled down a little. :P

Well I just re-read the article and it says that the new service changes didn't provide the disabled with a way to get to Manhattan? At the moment I don't think that there IS a way for the disabled to get from the Upper East Side to downtown. No way that they'll be able to fit on a (4)(5)(6) train, M15 SBS wouldn't work out well for them, crosstown buses are packed, hmm. My commute has been lengthened at least 15-20 minutes, which is the amount of time extra I spend walking, because the subway is no where near where the X90 went.

When I checked out, not many people got on private bus running on X90.

Brooklyn also has tons of subway lines running through it, but all we have here is the (4)(5)(6) which are just absolute hell and carry more passengers alone in a day than the DC metro does in a day I believe.

Did you try out X90 when Transport Azumah rolled his bus/van on Monday, June 28th, on discontinue route before NYCDOT shut down.

Also, did you try group taxi ride that replacing X90 bus between York Av/70th St and no pickups along X90 route until it gets to drop-off only along Pearl-State-West Side Highway following X90 route to Vesey St?

When I took picture of Transport Azumah bus action, not many people got on charter bus on X90.

According to you they don't and that's your opinion and I respect that. Gorgor feels differently and he's entitled to his opinion as well. Let's just respect that you two have differences and move on. I don't want to have this conversation all over again because it has been discussed and hashed out in other threads as to what is needed and why etc.

I certainly understand Gorgor because for him that was his primary means of transportation even though others may feel that he had alternatives. If your primary means of transportation was eliminated you would be pissed also and rightfully so, so let's just leave it at that and move on.

As far the lawsuit being BS, that is certainly not true. While Bay Ridge may have coverage, it lacks coverage particularly where the X27 runs, along Shore Rd. Now you may argue that folks have the (B16), but as someone who has used the (B16) on Shore Rd to get to 86th St. station, I can assure that it is no fun ride and the (B16) only covers a portion of Shore Rd at that. There are parts of Shore Rd. with no local bus service to speak of and having walked from Shore Rd. to 3 and 4th Aves, it is a good little walk. With the (B16), it is a good 10 - 15 minutes to the train station depending on where you are along Shore Rd., not even considering the waiting time for the bus and then the wait for the slow @ss (R) and the transfer to the (N). So we are talking about 3 transfers which for someone my age is even a hassle. I can't imagine what a pain it would be for an elderly person considering that there are several flights of stairs to descend at 86th st with NO elevator or escalator of any kind.

What your overlooking is the fact that seniors for the most part that don't have express bus service have plenty of ADA alternatives and options. Southern Brooklyn residents particularly in Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bath Beach, and Bensonhurst do not and the X27 and X28 serve areas where the subway is not all that accessible. The (MTA) knows this and yet they try to be cheap and not only not make these stations accessible for the elderly, etc., but then they take away the only option that is ADA accessible. LOL

As far as weekend service goes, do not underestimate Mr. Goldin. He has went to bat before his residents when the (MTA)tried to yank weekend service on the X27 and X28 and he will use every means necessary to get that service restored again. The area has the money to put up if necessary to have the service restored, and previously millions of dollars was put into place to keep weekend service on both lines.

The MTA can justify the restoration of X37/X38 service from a financial standpoint, since it really didn't cost them that much money. But weekend service was especially expensive, especially on the X28.

Also, there are plenty of areas withno ADA accessable stations or express buses. Northern Brooklyn has a lot of those areas, as does the South Bronx (or the Bronx in general).

Also, weekend service was supposed to end when the Stillwell Avenue Reconstruction ended. The MTA did them a favor by keeping the service around longer than that.

I know for a fact that they did try to fight to keep the X90 but lost, but perhaps these developments will help them to get that service restored. What I am curious about is what else besides the ADA argument did Mr. Goldin use? I think it was a combination of things. For one, residents in that area are very close knit and stick together and fight and I'm sure he had thousands of letters pouring in from angry X27/X28 riders. Gorgor and his fellow residents should look at this as something that they can use to help them get their service back.

If that's the case then how do you think the X37/X38 was restored? It wasn't through some act of niceness by the (MTA), I can assure you that.

With the restoration of the X37 and X38, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin Golden decides to demand the restoration of the B37 next. This proves that being in the majority party of the New York State Senate DOES matter.

The MTA can justify the restoration of X37/X38 service from a financial standpoint, since it really didn't cost them that much money. But weekend service was especially expensive, especially on the X28.

Also, there are plenty of areas withno ADA accessable stations or express buses. Northern Brooklyn has a lot of those areas, as does the South Bronx (or the Bronx in general).

Also, weekend service was supposed to end when the Stillwell Avenue Reconstruction ended. The MTA did them a favor by keeping the service around longer than that.

The (MTA) didn't do them a favour. What happened was they were ready to yank the service and then the residents did what they've done here and got their representatives involved and they fought to keep weekend service and found the funding to do so, so the (MTA) didn't "give" them anything per se because as you've pointed out weekend service on both lines, but esp. the X28 was costly. I do think that weekend should be restored but cut back to once an hour until they can justify getting service every 30 minutes like they were, particularly on the X28 when I would ride and there were just a few people on it.

As far as your ADA comment, this is true, but there are two things going on here. #1 The commutes for residents in Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Bath Bath are very similar to those on Staten Island and Eastern Southern Brooklyn (i.e. parts of Sheepshead Bay). They are far out with limited quick alternatives. Without the express bus, seniors and other with disabilities would be forced to use options that are not ADA accessible in most cases and are far away, thus requiring several transfers assuming that they can use the other options, which should not be accepted by those residents, nor the ones in Northern Brooklyn or parts of the Bronx or anywhere else where the (MTA) isn't providing accessible transportation options.

If they're not going to make the stations ADA accessible, then the solution is not to provide nothing and that is the big problem here. They are trying to be cheap and get out of their obligations legally to provide transportation options for these who are not as able as you or I.

With the restoration of the X37 and X38, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin Golden decides to demand the restoration of the B37 next. This proves that being in the majority party of the New York State Senate DOES matter.

Residents down there already forced the (MTA) to re-route several buses to replace the (B37) because it was used in Bay Ridge, as I know from my personal observations hanging out in Bay Ridge along 3rd Ave, but yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he did make a push to get it restored in some capacity.

haven't you hear

EBASB.jpg

Express Bus service has always been and will always be a serious topic because it is all political. LRG thinks that writing to representatives is a waste, but he couldn't be so far from the truth. The truth is express bus service exists because middle class folks are active in writing their local representatives about the service to improve it, or in this case to restore service. Many of the improved benefits for express bus riders on Staten Island I have been involved in, particularly my ongoing communications w/Vito Fossella to provide an HOV lane for express buses and to try to expand the HOV lane in both directions on the Gowanus and onto the Verrazano. When the Verrazano was being worked on a few years back it was all of the thousands of complaints from angry express bus riders that got our representatives to press the (MTA) to re-route certain express bus routes where possible so as to ease the congestion and waiting times. So make no mistake about it. The (MTA) doesn't just give us express bus service. We fight for everything that we get and will continue to do so, esp. since we know that #1 our votes matter and #2 we are marginalized in terms of being a minority in the transportation system.

Politicians esp. in Western Southern Brooklyn in particular know and understand how they get votes and one of them is by seeing that express bus service is kept and maintained. The same thing is true (albeit) to a degree on Staten Island.

@via: my main gripe is how Gorgor gripes about the X90...it was an utter waste and it does NOT need to be reincarnated. He has the M15 SBS. other areas were hit harder than the UES. I'm glad the X90 is gone, yet at the same time I'm glad the X37/38 are returning. I don't think the MTA should've discontinued the X37/38 in the first place.

@via: my main gripe is how Gorgor gripes about the X90...it was an utter waste and it does NOT need to be reincarnated. He has the M15 SBS. other areas were hit harder than the UES. I'm glad the X90 is gone, yet at the same time I'm glad the X37/38 are returning. I don't think the MTA should've discontinued the X37/38 in the first place.

I think my issue is that he gripes about it, but I haven't heard of anything that he has done to be pro-active about it. I mean yeah, I may b*tch and complain, but I went to the hearing and spoke about axing the X16, even if they decided to can it anyway, but the point is I have made efforts to keep the service that I benefit from. I also took part in the writing petitions to keep the X16. He on the other hand, I haven't heard anything that he has done to keep the X90. Hell I know for a fact that his representatives did indeed press the (MTA) to keep the X90, but perhaps there were too many folks like himself crying and not doing anything about it.

As far as I'm concerned, there was enough ridership on the X90 for those guys to get their own thing running if they can't force the (MTA) to restore service. The way I see it, everyone has to fend for themselves in terms their service and what works best for them and that is what he should be doing if he really relied on the X90 the way he claims he did.

I support everyone standing up and fighting to get their service restored, not just express bus riders. There are some subway lines like the (W) for starters that I would certainly support being re-stored. My attitude is that every cut hurts and effects someone and esp. here in New York City, we need all of the transportation options we can get since it is the lifeline of so many New Yorkers.

The (MTA) didn't do them a favour. What happened was they were ready to yank the service and then the residents did what they've done here and got their representatives involved and they fought to keep weekend service and found the funding to do so, so the (MTA) didn't "give" them anything per se because as you've pointed out weekend service on both lines, but esp. the X28 was costly. I do think that weekend should be restored but cut back to once an hour until they can justify getting service every 30 minutes like they were, particularly on the X28 when I would ride and there were just a few people on it.

As far as your ADA comment, this is true, but there are two things going on here. #1 The commutes for residents in Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Bath Bath are very similar to those on Staten Island and Eastern Southern Brooklyn (i.e. parts of Sheepshead Bay). They are far out with limited quick alternatives. Without the express bus, seniors and other with disabilities would be forced to use options that are not ADA accessible in most cases and are far away, thus requiring several transfers assuming that they can use the other options, which should not be accepted by those residents, nor the ones in Northern Brooklyn or parts of the Bronx or anywhere else where the (MTA) isn't providing accessible transportation options.

If they're not going to make the stations ADA accessible, then the solution is not to provide nothing and that is the big problem here. They are trying to be cheap and get out of their obligations legally to provide transportation options for these who are not as able as you or I.

The reason why I say that they "gave" them weekend service was because it didn't exist before the Stillwell Avenue Recontruction, and was supposed to be temporary.

If most of those areas were given express bus service, I doubt that they would be well-used, since the subway will transport residents for less than half the price, and if there is no ADA accessable station, there are generally buses that go to ADA-accessable stations.

I definitely support making all stations ADA-accessable, but I don't think expensive services (using both of our taxpayer dollars and transit fares) should be provided if they aren't going to be well-used.

Residents down there already forced the (MTA) to re-route several buses to replace the (B37) because it was used in Bay Ridge, as I know from my personal observations hanging out in Bay Ridge along 3rd Ave, but yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he did make a push to get it restored in some capacity.

Express Bus service has always been and will always be a serious topic because it is all political. LRG thinks that writing to representatives is a waste, but he couldn't be so far from the truth. The truth is express bus service exists because middle class folks are active in writing their local representatives about the service to improve it, or in this case to restore service. Many of the improved benefits for express bus riders on Staten Island I have been involved in, particularly my ongoing communications w/Vito Fossella to provide an HOV lane for express buses and to try to expand the HOV lane in both directions on the Gowanus and onto the Verrazano. When the Verrazano was being worked on a few years back it was all of the thousands of complaints from angry express bus riders that got our representatives to press the (MTA) to re-route certain express bus routes where possible so as to ease the congestion and waiting times. So make no mistake about it. The (MTA) doesn't just give us express bus service. We fight for everything that we get and will continue to do so, esp. since we know that #1 our votes matter and #2 we are marginalized in terms of being a minority in the transportation system.

Politicians esp. in Western Southern Brooklyn in particular know and understand how they get votes and one of them is by seeing that express bus service is kept and maintained. The same thing is true (albeit) to a degree on Staten Island.

Over here is different: There are much more express bus riders, so ridership will play a much greater role in their decision here than it does over in Bay Ridge.

I think my issue is that he gripes about it, but I haven't heard of anything that he has done to be pro-active about it. I mean yeah, I may b*tch and complain, but I went to the hearing and spoke about axing the X16, even if they decided to can it anyway, but the point is I have made efforts to keep the service that I benefit from. I also took part in the writing petitions to keep the X16. He on the other hand, I haven't heard anything that he has done to keep the X90. Hell I know for a fact that his representatives did indeed press the (MTA) to keep the X90, but perhaps there were too many folks like himself crying and not doing anything about it.

As far as I'm concerned, there was enough ridership on the X90 for those guys to get their own thing running if they can't force the (MTA) to restore service. The way I see it, everyone has to fend for themselves in terms their service and what works best for them and that is what he should be doing if he really relied on the X90 the way he claims he did.

I support everyone standing up and fighting to get their service restored, not just express bus riders. There are some subway lines like the (W) for starters that I would certainly support being re-stored. My attitude is that every cut hurts and effects someone and esp. here in New York City, we need all of the transportation options we can get since it is the lifeline of so many New Yorkers.

I doubt that they'll get a private company to run the service. The route cost almost $10 per passenger to operate. Even if a private company has lower costs, those express bus riders would get more value by taking a taxi Downtown.

The reason why I say that they "gave" them weekend service was because it didn't exist before the Stillwell Avenue Recontruction, and was supposed to be temporary.

If most of those areas were given express bus service, I doubt that they would be well-used, since the subway will transport residents for less than half the price, and if there is no ADA accessable station, there are generally buses that go to ADA-accessable stations.

I definitely support making all stations ADA-accessable, but I don't think expensive services (using both of our taxpayer dollars and transit fares) should be provided if they aren't going to be well-used.

Over here is different: There are much more express bus riders, so ridership will play a much greater role in their decision here than it does over in Bay Ridge.

I doubt that they'll get a private company to run the service. The route cost almost $10 per passenger to operate. Even if a private company has lower costs, those express bus riders would get more value by taking a taxi Downtown.

#1. Yes, this is true. They didn't have it prior to this. What I don't understand is why didn't they make all of the stations ADA accessible then???

#2. I didn't say anything about giving those areas express bus service. Just make those stations ADA accessible and that would be the end of it. Those areas are not suburban like Bay Ridge is, nor would the service be utilized. I say if the service is going to be used then put it in like it was in Yorkville. The problem w/Yorkville was that they had too much service for the ridership.

#3. Yes and no. Express bus service in terms of service was worse before it became better, and part of that was from political pressure. The X22 for example is fairly recent, as Tottenville really had nothing prior to that.

#4. I guess we'll see. IMO if they really wanted the X90 back in some form they could something together. It's not like they can't afford it.

For what it's worth, I'm more in favor of the X16 being restored over the X90. But some routes are not cost-efficient to run; the X90, as well as the X32, were a few of them.

Out of all of the express bus routes cut on Staten Island, X16 riders were the most vocal and adamant about not losing their service. As I've said previously, it wasn't that the route was cost efficient, it was that the (MTA) provided sh*tty service (i.e. several afternoon runs going missing). That's what led to lower ridership. What I would like to see with a restored X16 is the following:

-Longer service in the evening. The last bus was something in the evening was someting like 17:50, which is ridiculous for Downtown service. Currently, the last X14 runs Downtown until about 19:00.

-B/Os put on the route that know the route and that are regulars. Way too many fill-ins on that route who didn't know where the stops were and thus missed passengers. That could also explain why so many buses appeared to be MIA.

I also want to see the X14 run longer along with the X30. The last buses at my stop in Midtown are 18:16 and 18:23 respectively. The last buses for the evening should be around 19:00 to 19:30 and they should run them in the morning until 09:00 or so like they do on the South Shore.

Express Buses are not a serious topic. with the ecpextion of the SI express lines, most of the X routes are luxuries. X90 was the worst ofender, letting the UES Money crowd avoid rubbing shoulders with the rest of us on a glorifed local line.

and yes, writing your rep's is a waste. It's so... 20th century.

With regards to your comments on express bus service, I'm not going to debate that over and over. You're not a regular express bus rider, so to you they are luxuries.

Regarding your 20th century comment, okay, so then how are things supposed to get done??

Speaking of express bus, today after I help traffic monitoring survey on Queens Blvd/63rd Drive, I went to Junction Blvd Q72 bus stop, since I had time, Q59 B/O on RTS was very nice and he didn't even know the Queens area, so I gave him all six county bus maps including M15SBS brochure. I even ask if anyone passengers still asking for B39 bus at Williamsburg and he said yes.

the B39 was useless if brought back it needs to be actually part of another route like an extention of a williamsburg bus like merge williamsburg segment of B24 with Q104 and then extend it to manhattan replacing B39 but with select trips as that line alone was an embarrasement in terms of ridership. then extend Q53 to greenpoint replacing B24 greenpoint segment

How do you know I'm not. Spent many a morning half alseep on the QM24. I only stopped becuase my class scheduel had me starting later, after the buses had stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPvv5uQndc8

as to communitcation, there are alot more straight forward ways to do it. IE, my mother is facebook freinds with our state rep, although mostly becuase they went to high school together.

Like I said, your primary means of commuting isn't via the express bus. It is one thing to take them occasionally and another to ride them as your primary means of getting around. As for communication, clearly you took my comments too literal. Of course I didn't mean the old and paper route. All of my communications are electronic...

Archived