Baseline Audiometric (hearing) Test

bknitti

I got a letter today for the t/o promo exam (list # low 200's). I'm currently a b/o. The letter says to avoid workplace noise exposure or high levels of non-occupational noise exposure for at least 14 hours prior to the test. What is this hearing test like and what does it include?

You sit in a soundproof booth, put headphones on, and you will hear sounds in each ear. You will raise your hand to indicate when and which ear you heard the sound in.

No you do not raise your hand you push a Button...

It's the same test. Let's end this and not turn this into argument # 2,518. You hear sounds and you indicate when and which ear you heard it in. END OF DISCUSSION.

Seriously, you need to just stop posting and just read the posts. You are contributing wrong info most of the time which isnt helping or asking questions that have been asked before if you just search for the answers.

It's the same test. Let's end this and not turn this into argument # 2,518. You hear sounds and you indicate when and which ear you heard it in. END OF DISCUSSION.

I cant hear you la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la....

(Ears Covered)

Now what happens if they detect slight hearing loss? that was discussed with me because a few years back i heard many failed.solution is to file an appeal see a private ear doctor submit his statement and results then wait and keeping calling them to make sure you are not forgot about.but i guess if your private ear doctor says that the amount of hearing loss wont affect your work your good i think.but if you do have hearing loss my guess is to see if you can wear a hearing aid many people do but i would contact mta on the hearing results and the proper procedure if a hearing aid is allowed.because hearing loss is classified as a disability and if your doctor approves you can work with an aid they cant mess with you meaning mta.because ada american disabilities act they could be sued just what i think.this is a serious matter dont mess with the ada no way.

ha :P

that was discussed with me because a few years back many failed.solution is to file an appeal if you fail.see a private ear doctor submit his statements and results.then wait and keep calling so they dont forget you but i guess if your private ear doctor says that the amount of your hearing loss wont affect your job your good.i think ? but if you have hearing loss found my guess is to see if your allowed to wear a hearing aid many people do.but i would contact mta on the hearing loss procedures if a hearing aid is allowed.if they say no i would then get a lawyer and contact ada american disabilites association in nyc tell them because hearing loss is a disability and you are only gonna correct this and mta says no i would sue them for millions ;):tup:

that was discussed with me because a few years back many failed.solution is to file an appeal if you fail.see a private ear doctor submit his statements and results.then wait and keep calling so they dont forget you but i guess if your private ear doctor says that the amount of your hearing loss wont affect your job your good.i think ? but if you have hearing loss found my guess is to see if your allowed to wear a hearing aid many people do.but i would contact mta on the hearing loss procedures if a hearing aid is allowed.if they say no i would then get a lawyer and contact ada american disabilites association in nyc tell them because hearing loss is a disability and you are only gonna correct this and mta says no i would sue them for millions :P:tup:

That would only work in non safety sensitive positions.

That would only work in non safety sensitive positions.
if your hearing is corrected with the use of a hearing aid i dont see why you cant do your job,then the mta is denying a disabled worker who has the problem corrected a job.i know some kind of shit will hit the fan when the ada gets involved.

• 8 years later...

I recently had my hearing tested as part of my company's occupational hearing testing program. It seems that most of you had your audiogram done in a booth, I actually had mine done in a room on an iPad. Instead of raising my hand, I interacted directly with the software on the iPad. The company making the software was called SHOEBOX Audiometry. Has anyone else this type of hearing testing before, or anything similar?