May 22nd Lo-Vs Trip Question

According to NYCTM calender, it say trains will go visit dead at historical Woodlawn Cementery.

Sunday, May 22 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

4 TRAIN TO THE BRONX!

Adults $50, Children (5-17) $25, Museum members $35, Children (5-17) $20

Ride to “the end of the line” in style. The classic Lo-V cars take you to historic Woodlawn Cemetery at the end of the 4 line, where luminaries like Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and Celia Cruz are memorialized. Nearby on Moshulu Parkway, enjoy the 40th Annual Bronx Week Celebration where you’ll experience its traditional parade, Food & Art Festival, and concert!

For an extra fee you can take Woodlawn Cemetery’s architectural tour at 1 p.m.

Contact Friends of The Woodlawn Cemetery directly: (718) 920-1470/friends@thewoodlawncemetery.org. Cost: $20 per person. Reservations required.

According to NYCTM calender, it say trains will go visit dead at historical Woodlawn Cementery.

Sunday, May 22 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

4 TRAIN TO THE BRONX!

Adults $50, Children (5-17) $25, Museum members $35, Children (5-17) $20

Ride to “the end of the line” in style. The classic Lo-V cars take you to historic Woodlawn Cemetery at the end of the 4 line, where luminaries like Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and Celia Cruz are memorialized. Nearby on Moshulu Parkway, enjoy the 40th Annual Bronx Week Celebration where you’ll experience its traditional parade, Food & Art Festival, and concert!

For an extra fee you can take Woodlawn Cemetery’s architectural tour at 1 p.m.

Contact Friends of The Woodlawn Cemetery directly: (718) 920-1470/friends@thewoodlawncemetery.org. Cost: $20 per person. Reservations required.

I know that but how will it get there from The Transit Museum? I know it might have to travel through the Concourse To get to the (4) Train but will it go through The IND Fulton Street Line first?

I know that but how will it get there from The Transit Museum? I know it might have to travel through the Concourse To get to the (4) Train but will it go through The IND Fulton Street Line first?

This year's trip may begin on the Grand Central shuttle Tk4.

I thought it would start at The Transit Museum? Cause its supposed to leave 10:00 AM And then offers a tour at 1:00 PM.

If you want to go to tour, you need to make reservation for Woodlawn Cemetery tour which is not included in Low V ticket.

My prediction:

The train will be leaving Grand Central Station, probably and most likely on the Shuttle platform. Then it will run South to Brooklyn Bridge, go through the City Hall Loop (just like the #6 does), then head North to Woodlawn.

I honestly don't know if this is 100% correct or not, since there are some G.O.s on the Lexington Avenue line as well.

My prediction:

The train will be leaving Grand Central Station, probably and most likely on the Shuttle platform. Then it will run South to Brooklyn Bridge, go through the City Hall Loop (just like the #6 does), then head North to Woodlawn.

I honestly don't know if this is 100% correct or not, since there are some G.O.s on the Lexington Avenue line as well.

there's G.Os on the Lexington Avenue line and I believe they have to run all 3 trains on the 42nd Street Shuttle due to no (7) In Manhattan that day

No mean to bump, but according to the (MTA)s website, the event will be from 10AM to 5PM. So this will mean that those who are not attending the event in Woodlawn, will likely be able to ride the Low-Vs.

My question is, whats the exact route of all of this? YongNYCSfans idea is possible but that whole routing doesn't cover 7 hours.

And no way on earth are they going to bring customers through train yards (even with supervision on board) that is forbidden by rule. Yes the idea of through the GCS loop around the bridge and back up seems ideal.

Not true. Last years' Low-V trip went through Concourse Yard.

And no way on earth are they going to bring customers through train yards (even with supervision on board) that is forbidden by rule. Yes the idea of through the GCS loop around the bridge and back up seems ideal.

Museum trips are a totally different animal. They have had trips that not only took people through the yards, but some trips have been TO certain yards like CIY or 207th St. Plus, last years Low-V trip when from the IND to the IRT via Concourse Yard.

Archived