Q-19/Q-38 return home.

T J Trainman

You know, I have a comment for those people living in the Steinway St area BUT I will refrain from using language.

As far as the Q101 to Penn Station...LMAO!!!

Sorry, I will admit...I'm behind in the conversation here but I agree with everyone here. It makes no sense. I mean IF the MTA did do that, then what...a Q32 LIMITED?

Oh and wait a minute, Penn Station? Now I know it's a LONG block away but I guess the N and Q trains don't exist to the people of Astoria and Ditmars (Astoria to Herald Square).

I mean that's just me. Born and raised in Queens, if your main was cut...there ALWAYS another way. You may not like it but deal with it!

Briefly, let me take you back to Jamaica (December 10th, 1988). Hillside Av was about to transform from a MAJOR "HUB" to..."Eh". The Q4, Q4A (Q84), Q5, Q5A/Q5AB (Q85) and Q42 buses began at 169th St Station on Hillside Av. Growing up in that area, everything was right there. Businesses on Hillside Av between Merrick Blvd and 169th St were BOOMING. My father was a retail manager of a store in front of the Q4A bus stop (which I believe is now the Q17/Q43 stop) On December 11th, those routes went to the NEW Parsons/Archer Subway Station. Revenues of those businsses on Hillside Av DROPPED. My father had to shut down the business and MANY straphangers did not like the change. This was a protest going back to the Fall of 1988. Even that "JACKED-UP" Q99 didn't do shit. "Jamaica-Link" my ass!

The point is, the story above may not be a good comparsion to the Q101 situation but the point the I'm getting at is that the people DEALT WITH IT! "B35 via Church" is right, those people have it easy up there. Multiple transfer points! They don't like change and that's there problem.

My apologizes for going off-topic but I needed to make my point here.

You know, I have a comment for those people living in the Steinway St area BUT I will refrain from using language.

As far as the Q101 to Penn Station...LMAO!!!

Sorry, I will admit...I'm behind in the conversation here but I agree with everyone here. It makes no sense. I mean IF the MTA did do that, then what...a Q32 LIMITED?

Oh and wait a minute, Penn Station? Now I know it's a LONG block away but I guess the N and Q trains don't exist to the people of Astoria and Ditmars (Astoria to Herald Square).

I mean that's just me. Born and raised in Queens, if your main was cut...there ALWAYS another way. You may not like it but deal with it!

Briefly, let me take you back to Jamaica (December 10th, 1988). Hillside Av was about to transform from a MAJOR "HUB" to..."Eh". The Q4, Q4A (Q84), Q5, Q5A/Q5AB (Q85) and Q42 buses began at 169th St Station on Hillside Av. Growing up in that area, everything was right there. Businesses on Hillside Av between Merrick Blvd and 169th St were BOOMING. My father was a retail manager of a store in front of the Q4A bus stop (which I believe is now the Q17/Q43 stop) On December 11th, those routes went to the NEW Parsons/Archer Subway Station. Revenues of those businsses on Hillside Av DROPPED. My father had to shut down the business and MANY straphangers did not like the change. This was a protest going back to the Fall of 1988. Even that "JACKED-UP" Q99 didn't do shit. "Jamaica-Link" my ass!

The point is, the story above may not be a good comparsion to the Q101 situation but the point the I'm getting at is that the people DEALT WITH IT! "B35 via Church" is right, those people have it easy up there. Multiple transfer points! They don't like change and that's there problem.

My apologizes for going off-topic but I needed to make my point here.

not meaning to be smart go tell that to them

It's still a rumor but I'm scanning the Fall pick as we speak and I can't get over pick after pick)CHANGES)

iF I hear anything I'll give y'all a shout.

As for the Q101 I would run it up to Columbus Via CPW Transfer so people can have more transfers .

Ok so how would it get to Penn Station from there? Double back to 7th Av and then southbound to Penn Station? That's an interesting route.

The Q19, I can understand that going to CP. But the Q38 has an easier on/off with CP than with LGA...unless an unusually large amount of O5 CNGs are crapping out. The deadhead to College Point (usually from the Rego Park end), which can use the Van Wyck Expressway, seems a lot shorter than to LaGuardia, where 108 Street or Junction Boulevard must be used.

Glad that the Q66 isn't going back. So that would leave CP with just the Q25/34, Q65, and Q66?

today when i was on qm12 i heard that q69 being extended into Manhattan was also on table

wait a second...

first it was the Q101 to penn, now it's the Q69 to manhattan....

now I think you're fabricating all this.... the Q69 would have much more to lose than it would ever gain if it went to manhattan.....

wait a second...

first it was the Q101 to penn, now it's the Q69 to manhattan....

now I think you're fabricating all this.... the Q69 would have much more to lose than it would ever gain if it went to manhattan.....

from what i hear they are BOTH on table all it was is that i hear that q69 is also on table and both are being considered. as i say in previous post ALSO on the table and from what i hear it will NOT be BOTH q101 to penn and q69 in manhttan it will be a ONE OR THE OTHER DEAL that mta will make with astoria community

from what i hear they are BOTH on table all it was is that i hear that q69 is also on table and both are being considered. as i say in previous post ALSO on the table and from what i hear it will NOT be BOTH q101 to penn and q69 in manhttan it will be a ONE OR THE OTHER DEAL that mta will make with astoria community

doesn't matter... still sounds like you're makin it up as you go along...

first it was some LGA driver that you "heard" from, about the 101 to penn.... and now on your QM12 ride today, you also "heard" about the 69 goin to manhattan....

If it doesn't make sense, it usually aint true....

and on top of that, bus drivers just don't go talkin about specific routes like that to the riding public...

all of your responses in this thread about these supposed considerations, have been reactionary.... as opposed to you simply being informative right out of the gate with it....

stop playing us for fools...

doesn't matter... still sounds like you're makin it up as you go along...

first it was some LGA driver that you "heard" from, about the 101 to penn.... and now on your QM12 ride today, you also "heard" about the 69 goin to manhattan....

If it doesn't make sense, it usually aint true....

and on top of that, bus drivers just don't go talkin about specific routes like that to the riding public...

all of your responses in this thread about these supposed considerations, have been reactionary.... as opposed to you simply being informative right out of the gate with it....

stop playing us for fools...

whether you think i am playing you for fool or lying or whatever there is definately political pressure to change bus service in astoria maybe i post prematurely and maybe i should sit on this one for while before saying anything

3 Ave to 66 street- 66 to Columbus then turn around come back down 65 street

Actually, if that's the route then it should follow the M66 (which runs along E 67th St and comes back E 68th St). That will add A LOT of extra time.

Astoria, which is 10 minutes away from Midtown on a good day, bitching about not enough transit options? Please, the QM22 was a waste. Let them ride the (Q69) to the (E)

You know, I forgot about that option. Good call!

today when i was on qm12 i heard that q69 being extended into Manhattan was also on table

Really? Really? Really?

Look, in the words of Adam Sandler from the movie "The Longest Yard":

"Sit Down and Shut Up!"

First of all, if ANY change was going to be made...it would be for the Q101 because it already goes into Manhattan. The Q69, you have to use the UPPER level of the QB to get into Manhattan since it runs along 21st St. Makes no sense to go into Queens Plaza and then turn around and use the lower level.

UGH!

Archived