Q-19/Q-38 return home.

T J Trainman

I was VERY hesitant to post this so please bare with me, I just hope I don't get SCREAMED AT AGAIN for this, I was informed about 2 days ago that for the WINTER pick, The QM-12/24/25 will be gone from LGA. Replacing the LGA EXP lines will be the Q-19 and the Q-38. The Q-66 from what I have been told, will N-O-T be going to the LGA depot. Due to a lack of space. LGA has 40 MCIs does LGA really need 40 more local buses for just 2 local lines? I can't seem to figure that one out. Anyone? PS how many runs are on the Q-64? Maybe CP can throw that one into the mix as well To be honest I give up with all this line swapping.:confused:

It could happen for the Autumn Pick since the (MTA) wants to organize College Point into a more "Express" Bus Depot and LGA into a more "Local" Bus Depot. Also, the 40 local busses is needed at LGA for the amount of local services and runs, however the Express Busses will be sent with the QM Express Routes, though I can't answer your questions on the Q64, but the Q64 will be better off sticking with College Point since it's run is pretty much very efficient with CP as the depot as Q64's could just take Van Wyck to run light to and from the depot.

The fall pick is posted and Q64 is equidistant from BP and CP. I also hear from LaGuardia driver that Q101 is going to extend to Penn Station

The Q-101 to Penn Station? Did your friend tell you WHEN this would supposedly happen? No offense but I ll see it to believe it.

Will it replace a route? Because last time I checked there's no space around Penn Station.

Im not sure if there is any where to put the Q-101. It takes the Q-32 over an hour for it to go from 82nd/Jackson Heights to penn sta. do you realize how many buses would now be needed for the Q-101? smh.

I have to concur w/ TJ & Nova here....

I mean, look how many times they've altered the terminal area & routing w/ the 101 within manhattan.... now what does it do, dropoff over on 61st? It wasn't too long ago where the 101 used to dropoff right over there by the RI tram entrance.....

all that, to then extend this route to penn, where there's less space (and a hell of a lot more traffic to have to deal with)? it's a hard sell for me, I'm sorry....

Have that happen, and the 101 would be just as bad, if not worse off than the Q32....

Steinway st. is another headache in & of itself..... Bad move all around IMO...

...and don't take none of this personally, Q101 Steinway... this isn't about "you", it's about the actual information itself you decided to relay to us.... that is what I'm commenting on....

I have to concur w/ TJ & Nova here....

I mean, look how many times they've altered the terminal area & routing w/ the 101 within manhattan.... now what does it do, dropoff over on 61st? It wasn't too long ago where the 101 used to dropoff right over there by the RI tram entrance.....

all that, to then extend this route to penn, where there's less space (and a hell of a lot more traffic to have to deal with)? it's a hard sell for me, I'm sorry....

Have that happen, and the 101 would be just as bad, if not worse off than the Q32....

Steinway st. is another headache in & of itself..... Bad move all around IMO...

...and don't take none of this personally, Q101 Steinway... this isn't about "you", it's about the actual information itself you decided to relay to us.... that is what I'm commenting on....

I heard that it was because riders were complain of 61st street bus stop and not many transfer opportunities

I heard that it was because riders were complain of 61st street bus stop and not many transfer opportunities

man, Astoria residents never had it so good w/ public transportation.... they got a 1 seat ride to an airport..... TWO (actually three) routes that take them directly to the major transfer point that is queensboro plz.... and in between them, a subway line (which terminates in their area, mind you) that makes minimal stops before it reaches manhattan....

and folks are still complaining??? wow....

AFAIK, the Q101 always terminated in that general area, around the queensboro bridge.... now all of a sudden they want bus service to penn.... smh, incredible.....

the QM22 is gone.... they just have to get over it.

man, Astoria residents never had it so good w/ public transportation.... they got a 1 seat ride to an airport..... TWO (actually three) routes that take them directly to the major transfer point that is queensboro plz.... and in between them, a subway line (which terminates in their area, mind you) that makes minimal stops before it reaches manhattan....

AFAIK, the Q101 always terminated in that general area, around the queensboro bridge.... now all of a sudden they want bus service to penn.... smh, incredible.....

from what i hear a lot of qm22 rider are now on q101 and the q101 used to end at 58th street which was closer to train and other transfer and q101 now end under queensboro bridge where it is dangerous at night

from what i hear a lot of qm22 rider are now on q101 and the q101 used to end at 58th street which was closer to train and other transfer and q101 now end under queensboro bridge where it is dangerous at night

Yup, the QM22 must got some'n to do with it....

The argument of a lack of xfer connections/opportunities on the 101 is bogus... when was that ever a concern on the 101.... matter fact, how come I don't hear Q60 riders harping about that....

It doesn't make one ounce of sense to ride the Q101 into manhattan.... to then complain about lack of xfer opportunities, when you can disembark the 101 (while still in Queens) and catch the Q32 for more "transfer opportunities".....

xfers from the Q60 to the Q32 is common.... but it's a problem for 101 riders to make that same connection @ the same stop as the 60, over there by the north entrance of QBP... yah right....

Wonders is this the same driver that told Q101 that the (Q18) and the (Q69) were getting overnight service

Lmao !!

Wonders is this the same driver that told Q101 that the (Q18) and the (Q69) were getting overnight service

no

Yup, the QM22 must got some'n to do with it....

The argument of a lack of xfer connections/opportunities on the 101 is bogus... when was that ever a concern on the 101.... matter fact, how come I don't hear Q60 riders harping about that....

It doesn't make one ounce of sense to ride the Q101 into manhattan.... to then complain about lack of xfer opportunities, when you can disembark the 101 (while still in Queens) and catch the Q32 for more "transfer opportunities".....

xfers from the Q60 to the Q32 is common.... but it's a problem for 101 riders to make that same connection @ the same stop as the 60, over there by the north entrance of QBP... yah right....

Lmao !!

from what I hear q101 people dont like queens plaza or anything to do with seedy area or people. remember those q101 rider were able to get q100 to get rikers island people off their bus

Individual bus operators don't get to make such decisions, and crew room rumors are a dime a dozen. If it's not in the MTA Board materials, it's not an official proposal and holds no credibility.

obviously if QM22 riders ride Q101 and are upset and Q101 rider complain about bus stop it hold some credibility. I also signed petition opposing the Q101 bus stop on 61 street when petitioner came to Q101 when I ask they claim to have 5,000 signature which give some reason to rumor and mta sometime does come to community and union before doing such rroute change which give reason to rumor such as q45 extension

Those people are ingrates. As the line on subchat goes: "Tear down the Astoria El" ;)

Maybe then they can have the (N)(Q) replace the (7) east of QBP? :)

=

As for this topic: I take it this was the reason why CP has been sending SC back those CNG buses? Makes sense and JFK could use those displaced hybrids to replace some of their O5s.

=

That sounds like a waste of a perfectly good (and presumably expensive) CNG fueling station.

Totally agreed. If MTA Bus and NYCT were allowed to swap routes, the Q20a/b and even the Q44 would've been perfect routes for CP to take since those buses are in the CP area. In turn I would guess maybe CS could then either take a direct swap for CP's express or local routes [maybe even a 3-way trade with LGA]. Such a shame that division still exists. Deadheading could be so much more simplified....

In a perfect world I guess....

from what I hear q101 people dont like queens plaza or anything to do with seedy area or people. remember those q101 rider were able to get q100 to get rikers island people off their bus

That was my point in that comment this is in response to....

may not necessarily be you... but at least you admit to the selfish NIMBY mindset that exists in your neighborhood.....

obviously if QM22 riders ride Q101 and are upset and Q101 rider complain about bus stop it hold some credibility. I also signed petition opposing the Q101 bus stop on 61 street when petitioner came to Q101 when I ask they claim to have 5,000 signature which give some reason to rumor and mta sometime does come to community and union before doing such rroute change which give reason to rumor such as q45 extension

Credibility in the sense of the actual extension of the 101....

not credibility in the sense of there being no justifiable reason to consider extending the 101....

two different things bro.....

Archived