Exam # 8094 conductor

ronirone

I scored a 98.666 its august ...2011..im very relaxed and patient but how long u think is gonna take for them to call me...im new to the site but im just curious

Dude get on the phone and contact those people with the quickness. Judging by your list number you should have recieved some sort of letter already. Check the DCAS hotline and see for yourself.

Dude get on the phone and contact those people with the quickness. Judging by your list number you should have recieved some sort of letter already. Check the DCAS hotline and see for yourself.

Not true. I know someone who got the same score who hasn't been called yet because his list number is higher than what they've gotten to. You can't judge whether or not someone should have been called based on their score...only by their list number.

Not true. I know someone who got the same score who hasn't been called yet because his list number is higher than what they've gotten to. You can't judge whether or not someone should have been called based on their score...only by their list number.

Several people with the exact same score are placed as high up as in the 240's and as low as in the 600's. How exactly can you tell if the guy above isn't part of the crowd with the exact same score that have already been called up to Livingston?? Exactly, you dont have a clue.

You may just assume his list number is higher than the highest called (afterall he hasn't been called up), but you DO NOT know for sure. So don't discourage people from checking up on their diligences for no reason whatsoever, he should be up on his toes afterall.

I'm in the low 400s and did not get called yet. All of the remaining 98.6 people will likely be called in the next batch of letters that go out. Remember, they call based on your rank, not your score.

Thx for reminding everyone yet again for the millionth time that you are in the low 400' s. Congratulations and goodluck. As for getting called up by list number and not by score, DUH! We have been discussing that for ages.

Thx for reminding everyone yet again for the millionth time that you are in the low 400' s. Congratulations and goodluck. As for getting called up by list number and not by score, DUH! We have been discussing that for ages.

Hes also been asked to be patient and wait...

Getting Called dont mean you got the Job...

Several people with the exact same score are placed as high up as in the 240's and as low as in the 600's. How exactly can you tell if the guy above isn't part of the crowd with the exact same score that have already been called up to Livingston?? Exactly, you dont have a clue.

You may just assume his list number is higher than the highest called (afterall he hasn't been called up), but you DO NOT know for sure. So don't discourage people from checking up on their diligences for no reason whatsoever, he should be up on his toes afterall.

Who cares what the score is? The only number that matters on a civil service list is the list number. The score ceased to matter the day the list came out. I'm not assuming anything. It's that person's job to know what their list number is, and if they lose it, call the DCAS automated system and it will tell it to them. Then if they hear anything about people with higher list numbers than them getting called, they can make an informed call to ask wtf instead of speculating.

And I'm going to go even further and say it shouldn't even come to that because the way people post about this, you'd think it was the most important, highest paying job in the world and everyone wants it but come on...people can't even remember their list numbers? down in TA land they're gonna have to remember their pass numbers for everything, as well as remember what train they're working and what stations it's scheduled to stop at...whether it's local or express, and if there are any schedule quirks to that train. and no, not all of that information is in one place. So people here are planning to do all that someday for a job, but can't even remember their list number which was mailed to them on something that should have been put in a safe place? I find that to be a bit off. But even so there are workarounds to get that information so as not to keep posting the same "omg when r dey gona call me" that's been going up here for 2 years.

Who cares what the score is? The only number that matters on a civil service list is the list number. The score ceased to matter the day the list came out. I'm not assuming anything. It's that person's job to know what their list number is, and if they lose it, call the DCAS automated system and it will tell it to them. Then if they hear anything about people with higher list numbers than them getting called, they can make an informed call to ask wtf instead of speculating.

And I'm going to go even further and say it shouldn't even come to that because the way people post about this, you'd think it was the most important, highest paying job in the world and everyone wants it but come on...people can't even remember their list numbers? down in TA land they're gonna have to remember their pass numbers for everything, as well as remember what train they're working and what stations it's scheduled to stop at...whether it's local or express, and if there are any schedule quirks to that train. and no, not all of that information is in one place. So people here are planning to do all that someday for a job, but can't even remember their list number which was mailed to them on something that should have been put in a safe place? I find that to be a bit off. But even so there are workarounds to get that information so as not to keep posting the same "omg when r dey gona call me" that's been going up here for 2 years.

Everything you just said goes in one ear and out the other with some it seems... Let em keep thinking the job is just about "opening doors"...

RTO got a surprise for em... B)

Yeah you are right, it be a shame to lose your spot though just for bot paying attention. Theres alooooot of unemployment and nothing but mickey mouse jobs out there SubwaGuy, its alot worse then what the government lets out. I remember back in 08, I told about 4 people about this exam and they laughed and were like "yeah you go do that, I wouldn't be caught dead working in filthy subway with a bunch of uneducated humanoids" (including even racial nonsense) Now they wish they could go back in time. Schoolcar will be weeding out alot of people who have no business doing anything such as this.

But in the 1st place, the only thing C/Rs do are open doors and make funny announcements. All the other info can be found in 2 places.. here and on subchat. :P

Seriously everyone waiting, even if you lost your list number, save everything pertaining to the job from the time you get the letter requesting you to go down to 180 Livingston St and onward. Read everything completely and make sure that you bring everything that you're supposed to bring. Double check, triple check if you need to. And don't show up there w/o the letter on the first day. Forget any of that and you will only delay it further.

• 2 months later...
Can't give up hope, but I have other plans.

Ok that's fine but you shouldn't have any hope . There is no light at the end of the tunnel . It is pitch black . Maybe transit is not your calling . Honestly I don't think you have any chance at all with either conductor or bus operator . You are the bottom of the barrel on both lists .

If your in the 8000s, unfortunately your odds of being hired aren't very good. I'm in the 9000s on the last sanitation exam. I started laughing when I saw how awful my rank was, especially considering I got a 95 on the exam! So many people scored over 100 thanks to veterans and city residency credits, making it impossible for anyone who scored under 100 to get hired. I should have said I lived in my grandmother's house in Queens and maybe I would have been called by now.

I would recommend taking all future exams. A track worker and bus operator exam should be coming up within the next year or so.

Archived