The NJ Transit Hurricane Recovery Thread

mfs NJT459

The news said NJT rail, nothing about buses and light rail.

There's a few sources saying the entire system will shut down. At first, I had heard Rail operations were to shut down at 12 Noon tomorrow, but now I'm hearing the entire system.

New Jersey Transit does not have anything on the website yet I believe.

There's a few sources saying the entire system will shut down. At first, I had heard Rail operations were to shut down at 12 Noon tomorrow, but now I'm hearing the entire system.

New Jersey Transit does not have anything on the website yet I believe.

NONE of the agencies have website notices. MTA has a note on Twitter.

NJ TRANSIT SERVICE INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 27 AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2011

August 26, 2011

Due to anticipated inclement weather, NJ TRANSIT Rail, Light Rail and Access Link Services will be suspended beginning Saturday, August 27, 2011.

Rail Service:

All NJ TRANSIT rail service will be suspended on all lines beginning at 12 p.m. Saturday, August 27.

Trains originating at terminals before 12 p.m. will continue to their final destination.

Rail service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex is also suspended.

Station waiting rooms that are controlled by NJ TRANSIT will remain open throughout the weekend at all locations.

View last trains here. http://www.njtransit.com/AdminTemp/lasttrain827.pdf

Bus Service:

All NJ TRANSIT Bus Service will be suspended statewide at 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 27.

Buses that are already enroute will complete their trips.

Light Rail Service:

All light rail service – Hudson-Bergen, River Line and Newark Light Rail services are suspended beginning at 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 27.

Light rail services that are already enroute at 6 p.m. will complete their trips.

Access Link Service:

All Access Link service will be suspended statewide beginning at 6 p.m. on Saturday, August, 27.

No reservations will be taken for trips that are not scheduled to get customers back home before 6 p.m. on Saturday.

All current reservations that have been made for trips after 6 p.m. on Saturday and all day Sunday have been cancelled.

General Information:

NJ TRANSIT will offer cross-honoring beginning at 12:01 a.m., Saturday, enabling NJ TRANSIT customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode—rail, bus or light rail, where service is available.

Please note that all NJ TRANSIT rail station waiting rooms will remain open throughout the weekend.

Customers should check the website for updates.

Free tolls on the ACE. Buses are freed helping to get people to shelters and back tp Philly& Camden. Im looking at 10hrs now. The 313/315 and working with the 553 the Egg Harbor runs. Ive been working the run to Cumberland County College which is a shelter site. Ive been deadheading all day and bringing people here and now have to bring peeps to Rowan University. Us drivers are looking at some serious OT. I stopped to get something to eat and I have to get back to AC to get those peeps going to Rowan Uni. Almost all of our buses are out trying to get people out aof AC before tomorrow. Will give another update if my phone doesnt die.

That has to be Howell buses doing that because i didnt hear anything about our buses going up to Trenton. I know exactly where that arena is at. Its directly in front of the Riverline and near the state prison. Well the Rowan University Campus is full of people and no more room is left. Im still waiting for control to tell me im done.

That has to be Howell buses doing that because i didnt hear anything about our buses going up to Trenton. I know exactly where that arena is at. Its directly in front of the Riverline and near the state prison. Well the Rowan University Campus is full of people and no more room is left. Im still waiting for control to tell me im done.

stay safe, Im glad I fly out back to Toronto Friday morning

according to the "last train schedule", there are trains on the North Jersey Coast Line

- Last train westbound: 7241 (12:07 PM from New York)

- Last train westbound: 4741 (1:46 PM from Long Branch to Bay Head)

- All connections protected

there shouldn't even be trains on the North Jersey Coast Line going from New York to Long Branch/Bay Head

There are reports that there may be additional busing from Trenton's Sun Center to the IZOD Center at the Meadowlands, as the Sun Center is used as a staging area. According to FOX 5 NY, people there are not happy, they are saying there are "no cops"

Archived