Two Photos of the R142A in Corona

R33WF

Like I've been saying: how much longer are they going to have trains accomodate the tunnel?* They may as well build replacement tunnels that can handle actual subway cars [rather than trolleys] and make the (7) a B-division line. Unless the stations in Manhattan can not handle a B-div train, then it is the Steinway tunnels that prevents the (7) from running B-div cars.

*Obviously cost is the reason, but eventually they will need a replacement unless they want to keep making trains the same dimensions as the R62As...

its probably easier to make IRT spec cars than it is to redo all the IRT tunnels to B-Div standards

The R142A has started testing!! I saw it today from my window when I was in History (and yes I bit my tounge trying not to foam lol).

The R142A will be running (testing) as the following:

-late morning (~11 AM) -to-3 PM

-late nights (time unspecified).

THIS TRAIN WILL NOT TEST ON WEEKENDS.

just an FYI update. I wish luck on the people that try to catch it!

SIDE NOTES:

-This train will only test on the local track

-This train is still a fully unconverted R142A. It still has the (6) strip maps (a few were taken off) and does not have CBTC yet.

The R142A has started testing!! I saw it today from my window when I was in History (and yes I bit my tounge trying not to foam lol).

The R142A will be running (testing) as the following:

-late morning (~11 AM) -to-3 PM

-late nights (time unspecified).

THIS TRAIN WILL NOT TEST ON WEEKENDS.

just an FYI update. I wish luck on the people that try to catch it!

SIDE NOTES:

-This train will only test on the local track

-This train is still a fully unconverted R142A. It still has the (6) strip maps (a few were taken off) and does not have CBTC yet.

So why is there a video of it on the express tracks?

Archived