LI Bus: Condition CRITICAL

PinePower

I know I dont post here that often but I figured I'd fill you in on the deteroirating conditions at Long Island Bus. I see missing buses EVERY DAY now. Others are bunched up as well. Last Friday I waited for an 8:08pm N54 at Sunrise Mall which came very late (just before 9pm), because of a breakdown.

Also last week an N35 never showed. Yesterday 2 N35's came in a row. Today was a mess at Roosevelt Field. The 5:50pm N24 never showed, and there were delays on the N22 when 2 packed buses came at once. Poor N22A driver was the first bus to Jamaica in awhile and couldn't even get a break before had to pick up a standing load heading back to Jamaica. And the N24 that followed at 6:10pm also left with some standees, because the bus before him at 5:50pm never showed (another breakdown).

And I know there are MANY more people down the lines that will need to get on those buses, some of them probably got flagged.

There are no parts coming in to fix the buses. I was told by a driver that the MTA has removed alot of their computer equipment from the LI Bus depots, but Veolia continues to just visit the place, no signs of any takeover. Many drivers with 20 or more years seniority are leaving in droves, so many there's turned in uniforms all over the place. I cant blame them!

Its going back to the old days but even worse. It may already be too late to reverse the damage.

I'm constantly amazed at the ignorance by the media. Somehow people like Greg Mocker think potholes on a city street are more important than a bus system that is vital to the lives of 100,000 daily riders and much of Nassau County's economy.:mad:

I put together a video of the conditions today, and you can see why I'm so angry..B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EctBFYEvXnk

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you cut the crap you always look for the worst part of the system and bitch. Nassau has 1.3 million ppl alone 100,000 ppl is completely worthless. The problem is that the system isn't integrated enough into nassau if it had a more gridlike system it would be vital to way more than a measly 100000 ppl if N15 and N6 can get crush loaded with a measly percentage imagine the crowds on the buses if 50% of nassau ppl used LIB then you will have slaveships on wheels!!!!! Imaging 500,000 more riders yeah seriously get real. If the bus system carried more ppl ppl would actually care. OHH by the way some ppl who take LIB already drive!!!!!!!! I met several ppl on the N24 who already owned cars but chose to use the bus instead.

yo go Quarterpounder:tup::tup:

Another one with A Commute we don't care about...So what is it now ....The HVACs are all down:( Between you and jabroni I swear:tdown::tdown:

GO GET A CAR already cause we don't give a shit about you and Via ZSA ZSA Jabronis COMMUTE .

We got Mechanical issues all over the System and as for LIB....DID you really think it was gonna get any better???IT DOESNT MATTER what your fat ass thinks :mad:Got it....Now go get a girlfriend and work on your 40yr. old Virgin ass syndrome .

LIB is going under and thats something your gonna have to live with so go to your local LIRR and enjoy great service

yo go Quarterpounder:tup::tup:

Another one with A Commute we don't care about...So what is it now ....The HVACs are all down:( Between you and jabroni I swear:tdown::tdown:

GO GET A CAR already cause we don't give a shit about you and Via ZSA ZSA Jabronis COMMUTE .

We got Mechanical issues all over the System and as for LIB....DID you really think it was gonna get any better???IT DOESNT MATTER what your fat ass thinks :mad:Got it....Now go get a girlfriend and work on your 40yr. old Virgin ass syndrome .

LIB is going under and thats something your gonna have to live with so go to your local LIRR and enjoy great service

Well I tried. It was only a waste of 10 minutes. I guess no one gives a damn. B):tdown:

Point Blank...

It's a Wrap For Your System

Get over it, the Violin is playing and Veolia is playing it!

The Condition is critical system wide and not just Long Island Bus.

I seriously doubt NYCT and MTAB buses are not getting their parts. That being said, your play on words is hilarious. B) No one's is gonna save LI Bus. May as well let LI sink into the ocean..B)

LI Bus is going and going and by New Years Day 2012 LI Bus will be GONE!!!!!!!!!! There is absolutely NOTHING that you can do to make anything better at this stage. Do you really think that with three months left things will get better? Ha, by the time December starts to come in, be grateful if a bus even comes while you're waiting in the blistering cold for hours on end!!!

LI Bus is going and going and by New Years Day 2012 LI Bus will be GONE!!!!!!!!!! There is absolutely NOTHING that you can do to make anything better at this stage. Do you really think that with three months left things will get better? Ha, by the time December starts to come in, be grateful if a bus even comes while you're waiting in the blistering cold for hours on end!!!

Walder has said that he'll have a LIB contract update at the September Board Meeting. That's 2 weeks from now. I doubt he'll have any information to report. Transitioning takes so long that if they take over anytime after Halloween they probably won't be able to start running 1/1.

I seriously doubt NYCT and MTAB buses are not getting their parts. That being said, your play on words is hilarious. B) No one's is gonna save LI Bus. May as well let LI sink into the ocean..B)

Oh most definitely NYCT and MTAB are not getting their parts. Waits are longer, bus bunching is at an all time high (EVEN WITH LONGER HEADWAYS) and if any one hasn't noticed over the last 2 month, how filthy the buses are.

So the tugging of the LI Bus heart strings are going to fall on seriously deaf ears here because guess what, all three branches of bus service is suffering one way or another.

And just so you get an idea, here is your average NYCT Orion 7 CNG bus...

IMG639.jpg

IMG640.jpg

IMG642.jpg

IMG643.jpg

Oh most definitely NYCT and MTAB are not getting their parts. Waits are longer, bus bunching is at an all time high (EVEN WITH LONGER HEADWAYS) and if any one hasn't noticed over the last 2 month, how filthy the buses are.

So the tugging of the LI Bus heart strings are going to fall on seriously deaf ears here because guess what, all three branches of bus service is suffering one way or another.

I havent seen any probs with the city buses when I was there but I'll take your word for it. Why aren't any parts coming in? I guess Walder wants his legacy to be leaving a system in shambles. His ass cant be out the door fast enough..:mad:

I havent seen any probs with the city buses when I was there but I'll take your word for it. Why aren't any parts coming in? I guess Walder wants his legacy to be leaving a system in shambles. His ass cant be out the door fast enough..:mad:

Walder isn't and never was the issue... AND if you think for ONE SECOND that Veolia is going to do better than the MTA, you are SADLY mistaken.

Veolia is just another Coach USA. I have friends that work for Veolia and its nothing but PURE horror stories. Guaranteed, Veolia will make everything look like roses the first few months...but watch out. You thought you called on Greg Mocker before? *low chuckle* You'll be calling Help Me Howard Next!

In retrospect, I'm glad Nassau ordered more Orion V CNGs in '03.

Anyway, all these new buses for NYC doesn't mean it's doing any better. Of course the buses aren't going to be any faster in the city, but I'm surprised that it took LIB being abandoned, for lack of a better term, for you to stop being xenophobic and see that every rider is feeling the impact of this news. If it was crap back in the day when the fleet was still diesel, it wasn't going to end up any better under Walder. Don't act like it's any better in the city.

Give it up.

Walder isn't and never was the issue... AND if you think for ONE SECOND that Veolia is going to do better than the MTA, you are SADLY mistaken.

Veolia is just another Coach USA. I have friends that work for Veolia and its nothing but PURE horror stories. Guaranteed, Veolia will make everything look like roses the first few months...but watch out. You thought you called on Greg Mocker before? *low chuckle* You'll be calling Help Me Howard Next!

Well I do know it isn't entirely Walder's fault, the real ppl to blame are Albany for raiding MTA funding and Mangano for his incompetence.

I know Veolia is going to be a disaster. Why do you think I'm against the privatization? They are going to make sure every bus run is crush loaded. I already see what Coach USA does at PABT with them making sure every seat is filled. All that evening service that was added after 7pm will be GONE. That last N27 outta Glen Cove at 6:30pm is sure gonna be entertainment as fights break out to get on the bus.

Its gonna make Suffolk Transit look good. Which is why I'm no huge fan of the (MTA) I know Veolia is going to be much, much worse. B)

As for myself, I am going to be moving in or near Queens by the end of this year. Not gonna stick around for this disaster..

In retrospect, I'm glad Nassau ordered more Orion V CNGs in '03.

Anyway, all these new buses for NYC doesn't mean it's doing any better. Of course the buses aren't going to be any faster in the city, but I'm surprised that it took LIB being abandoned, for lack of a better term, for you to stop being xenophobic and see that every rider is feeling the impact of this news. If it was crap back in the day when the fleet was still diesel, it wasn't going to end up any better under Walder. Don't act like it's any better in the city.

Give it up.

I definately think these 07's arent as robust as the V's and the RTSs. Low floors just cant hold up to the abuse and hold less ppl.

For the times I've been on NYC buses I never viewed it as crappy, they run more often, so if a bus breaks down on 10-15 min headways its not so bad, it will be packed but its not like waiting over an hour to only be flagged.

Yes NYC buses are crowded, so is the subway, ridership is very high. LIB ridership may be nowhere near even Queens or SI, some routes do get very crowded, others are empty. The problem here is the people who VOTE dont take the bus. They are unaware that many of the people that make their lives "comfortable" depend on LI Bus. Like the maids and housekeepers, or the landscapers. Or the stores. And stores will close when service is cut. Many of the people who work in Roosevelt Field use the bus. When they cant get to work they will find jobs elsewhere. Many are from the city and will find jobs there or in NJ or Westchester. Stores will be short help, other businesses will close. Mangano always says he wants people to get back to work, but he's the one who is taking their transportation, and their job, away!

Businesses will close and everybody WILL feel it. Nassau Community College which is a huge source of revenue for the county will see a huge decline in enrollment, since many students depend on LI Bus and they will have to go to school elsewhere. We'll be sitting here 2 years from now as nassau taxpayers start bitching as their taxes go way up because the business base shrinks. They'll be complaining about long lines in stores because of little help. They'll be complaining they cant get their lawns maintained. And they will leave too. Mangano's plan will even drive the wealthy out of Nassau too. I bet in 5 years the "HUB" area around Roosevelt Field will look alot more like Detroit.

I just dont wanna hear from all these ignorant ppl in Nassau because "I Told You So".

Well I do know it isn't entirely Walder's fault, the real ppl to blame are Albany for raiding MTA funding and Mangano for his incompetence.

I know Veolia is going to be a disaster. Why do you think I'm against the privatization? They are going to make sure every bus run is crush loaded. I already see what Coach USA does at PABT with them making sure every seat is filled. All that evening service that was added after 7pm will be GONE. That last N27 outta Glen Cove at 6:30pm is sure gonna be entertainment as fights break out to get on the bus.

Its gonna make Suffolk Transit look good. Which is why I'm no huge fan of the (MTA) I know Veolia is going to be much, much worse. B)

As for myself, I am going to be moving in or near Queens by the end of this year. Not gonna stick around for this disaster..

In all honesty that's the best choice, getting out of Long Island. The sad thing is, I have a couple family members that live several minutes away from the Belmont Racetrack in Floral Park and some of them rely on the buses when the cars are gone. I've already warned my cousin about this mess and he already wants to get out of Nassau County before disaster ensues. Even though he lives along the N6 I still think it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Guess from now on I'll just take the Q36 bus to Floral Park and walk for 20 minutes as I really don't want to have anything to do with Veolia once they are in full swing.

I know I dont post here that often but I figured I'd fill you in on the deteroirating conditions at Long Island Bus. I see missing buses EVERY DAY now. Others are bunched up as well. Last Friday I waited for an 8:08pm N54 at Sunrise Mall which came very late (just before 9pm), because of a breakdown.

Also last week an N35 never showed. Yesterday 2 N35's came in a row. Today was a mess at Roosevelt Field. The 5:50pm N24 never showed, and there were delays on the N22 when 2 packed buses came at once. Poor N22A driver was the first bus to Jamaica in awhile and couldn't even get a break before had to pick up a standing load heading back to Jamaica. And the N24 that followed at 6:10pm also left with some standees, because the bus before him at 5:50pm never showed (another breakdown).

And I know there are MANY more people down the lines that will need to get on those buses, some of them probably got flagged.

There are no parts coming in to fix the buses. I was told by a driver that the MTA has removed alot of their computer equipment from the LI Bus depots, but Veolia continues to just visit the place, no signs of any takeover. Many drivers with 20 or more years seniority are leaving in droves, so many there's turned in uniforms all over the place. I cant blame them!

Its going back to the old days but even worse. It may already be too late to reverse the damage.

I'm constantly amazed at the ignorance by the media. Somehow people like Greg Mocker think potholes on a city street are more important than a bus system that is vital to the lives of 100,000 daily riders and much of Nassau County's economy.:mad:

I put together a video of the conditions today, and you can see why I'm so angry..B)

** YT CLIP**

You're angry, there's a surprise... You NEED something to complain about in order to function in life.... Misery sure does love company, and you're living proof of it....

I don't understand what you think the media's gonna do.... The LIB situation can get all the media coverage in the world, and that still won't reverse the "critical condition" of it all.... that still won't change how the majority of Nassau county views LIB.... yes, the majority....

Woe is you, no one cares... typical victim mentality....

Furthermore, Weren't you the one that blamed Jay Walder initially... then you blamed Ed Mangano... then shitted on privatization in general.... then blaming Walder (and the MTA) again... then it's both the MTA & Nassau County's fault... then all of a sudden, privatization isn't so bad, you'll give it a chance... you flip flop like footwear....

Now you're on here talkin about declining conditions (as if any of that isn't to be expected)... Did you actually think things were gonna get any better??? Seriously now..... Talk about filing somethin under the "no shit" category....

.....and Greg Mocker is not god, and his word is not gold... Damn.

I only used Long Island Bus twice in the 24 years I've lived on Long Island. Once was cuz I was too lazy to walk from the mechanic back home, and the other was to get from Belmont Park to Jamaica-179 St Station.

They should make it like Dutchess county loop and focus on a few key routes or let some of the villages make their own bus systems like Huntington and Long Beach did.

And you know what, people will survive without Long Island bus, they'll take a cab from the train station to wherever. Your dramatization of Nassau without a bus system is laughable. A ride down the Southern State will show you that people of all places and economic statuses have cars and are happy to get around that way. If I were county executive id trim it to a few key routes and a few train station shuttles and put the rest of the money towards getting the roads fixed up here, putting the money where most people are going to benefit from, better roads or a bus system 10% of the people, if that, use.

there is no way they will be able to do that cause the only rtes that are NOT crushloaded are the N80/81 N50 N51 the buses in the eastern part Those buses already are shittly those cut off early already. They will NEVER REDUCE THE N6. Nor will they mess with N22/24 which are err crushloaded at night!!!!!!!!!! N27 plz if the bus was full it's untouchable. The worst that can happen is it merges with N51 and loses hempstead. Nothing can make suffolk transit look good ever!!!!!!!!!! ONLY DUTCHESS LOOP can do that. Heck Oceanride in NJ makes dutchess look awesome. PPL will never use LIB more unless the system is COMPLETELY OVERHAULED!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the map buddy and look at traffic maps in nassau the bus network is broken and ignores too many ppl. A system that serves less than half of its ppl is ALREADY A FAILURE. Suffolk transit just needs to straighten some of its rtes reroute some extend others then watch the ridership skyrocket. I will send an enhanced LIB proposal to veolia soon you will see what LIB really shoul look like fools.

I only used Long Island Bus twice in the 24 years I've lived on Long Island. Once was cuz I was too lazy to walk from the mechanic back home, and the other was to get from Belmont Park to Jamaica-179 St Station.

They should make it like Dutchess county loop and focus on a few key routes or let some of the villages make their own bus systems like Huntington and Long Beach did.

And you know what, people will survive without Long Island bus, they'll take a cab from the train station to wherever. Your dramatization of Nassau without a bus system is laughable. A ride down the Southern State will show you that people of all places and economic statuses have cars and are happy to get around that way. If I were county executive id trim it to a few key routes and a few train station shuttles and put the rest of the money towards getting the roads fixed up here, putting the money where most people are going to benefit from, better roads or a bus system 10% of the people, if that, use.

ERR this comment is your worst one yet!!!!!!!!! Cabs are extremly expensive. Plus if the bus system improves then that 10% WILL INCREASE. There are already a few train shuttles available its called all the rtes. Reducing service to dutchess loop levels honestly you have to be on crack to want anything to resemble dutchess loop!!!!!!!!!! N6 is a monster with loads. Plus better roads actually improve bus service as the buses get less beat up and less likely to breakdown due to better roads. Plus dutchess DOES NOT NEED TRAIN SHUTTLES. I have been to dutchess their beacon shuttle is laughable and should be combined with the B bus the shuttles there are a waste of extra vehicles that can be used elsewhere. Try using LIB more then you will see that what you said is arrogant. I would consolidate the LIB rtes so they are more efficient and better represent travel patterns of ppl. and integrate with LIRR. WHAT KIND OF BUS RUNS HOURLY AT RUSH HOUR!!!!!! Then they wonder why no one uses it one it's too infrequent to attract ridership!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes you have to bite the bullet to increase ridership. I saw CRUSH LOADED SCT buses literally white wash!!!!! with students and other ppl!!!!!!!

In all honesty that's the best choice, getting out of Long Island. The sad thing is, I have a couple family members that live several minutes away from the Belmont Racetrack in Floral Park and some of them rely on the buses when the cars are gone. I've already warned my cousin about this mess and he already wants to get out of Nassau County before disaster ensues. Even though he lives along the N6 I still think it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Guess from now on I'll just take the Q36 bus to Floral Park and walk for 20 minutes as I really don't want to have anything to do with Veolia once they are in full swing.

err true if they keep the system as is it will end in disaster.

Well I tried. It was only a waste of 10 minutes. I guess no one gives a damn. B):tdown:

you really overblow the problems even SEPTA has similar problems like this every system does it isn't unique to LIB. I actually have nothing but great experiences with LIB and that was recently I use it many times but the system ignores too many ppl to gain ppl to care.

ERR this comment is your worst one yet!!!!!!!!! Cabs are extremly expensive. Plus if the bus system improves then that 10% WILL INCREASE. There are already a few train shuttles available its called all the rtes. Reducing service to dutchess loop levels honestly you have to be on crack to want anything to resemble dutchess loop!!!!!!!!!! N6 is a monster with loads. Plus better roads actually improve bus service as the buses get less beat up and less likely to breakdown due to better roads. Plus dutchess DOES NOT NEED TRAIN SHUTTLES. I have been to dutchess their beacon shuttle is laughable and should be combined with the B bus the shuttles there are a waste of extra vehicles that can be used elsewhere. Try using LIB more then you will see that what you said is arrogant. I would consolidate the LIB rtes so they are more efficient and better represent travel patterns of ppl. and integrate with LIRR. WHAT KIND OF BUS RUNS HOURLY AT RUSH HOUR!!!!!! Then they wonder why no one uses it one it's too infrequent to attract ridership!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes you have to bite the bullet to increase ridership. I saw CRUSH LOADED SCT buses literally white wash!!!!! with students and other ppl!!!!!!!

Theres only about 3-4 bus routes in Nassau that have the ridership comparable to the city routes, the rest of em roll around with 2 people in em. So take the 3 or 4 routes that work, keep them, ditch the rest. Make Nassau loop A the n6 route, Loop B the n4 route, loop C the n24 route, Loop D the 15 route (the one that does long beach to the mall), and loop E the valley stream-far rock route, i dont know the number offhand).

I personally have no need to use Long Island bus, It doesn't go to my school, it doesn't go where I work, and to anything recreational in Nassau like the mall, its a waste of time. I can get to Roosevelt Field by car in 20 minutes, and it takes 3 times that amount on the bus. For local errands its a waste of time. There's plenty of big towns in Nassau with NO Bus, Oyster Bay, Syosset and Locust Valley come to mind, and guess what? They survive. There's other towns in eastern Nassau where the bus really only serves a small portion of town, and well they get by as well.

Also I think the towns and villages could make decent LIRR shuttles to compensate. Or let some enterprising taxi company provide an alternate service to the trains at less cost.

and buddy, the only thing arrogant here is you trying to tell Nassau residents how to get around our county.

Theres only about 3-4 bus routes in Nassau that have the ridership comparable to the city routes, the rest of em roll around with 2 people in em. So take the 3 or 4 routes that work, keep them, ditch the rest. Make Nassau loop A the n6 route, Loop B the n4 route, loop C the n24 route, Loop D the 15 route (the one that does long beach to the mall), and loop E the valley stream-far rock route, i dont know the number offhand).

I personally have no need to use Long Island bus, It doesn't go to my school, it doesn't go where I work, and to anything recreational in Nassau like the mall, its a waste of time. I can get to Roosevelt Field by car in 20 minutes, and it takes 3 times that amount on the bus. For local errands its a waste of time. There's plenty of big towns in Nassau with NO Bus, Oyster Bay, Syosset and Locust Valley come to mind, and guess what? They survive. There's other towns in eastern Nassau where the bus really only serves a small portion of town, and well they get by as well.

Also I think the towns and villages could make decent LIRR shuttles to compensate. Or let some enterprising taxi company provide an alternate service to the trains at less cost.

and buddy, the only thing arrogant here is you trying to tell Nassau residents how to get around our county.

See, these are the kind of people that vote in Nassau County.;)

Only 3-4 bus routes that get more than 2 ppl? Can you say uneducated..yokel?

Here's the facts. And I ride LIB almost every day. The following routes routinely run with standing loads: N4,N6,N15,N20,N21,N22,N24,N32,N35,N40,N41,N70,N71,N72

These routes run at least half full most of the times: N16,N19,N23,N25,N26,N27,N33,N43,N54,N55,N57,N58,N78,N79

The only "empty" routes Lil Mis Yokel Fox is talking about are the N73,N74,N80,N81,N50,N51, and N45

Its why I do my videos to SHOW most LIB routes are not rolling around empty. But if you hang out in Merrick, Bethpage, and Wantagh all the time that's all you see, and that's where most of the politcial leadership in this county comes from...:confused:

Sorry if I am coming off angry moreso than usual with the language, but I've really had it up to HERE with the ignorance in this county.:mad:

you really overblow the problems even SEPTA has similar problems like this every system does it isn't unique to LIB. I actually have nothing but great experiences with LIB and that was recently I use it many times but the system ignores too many ppl to gain ppl to care.

I really think there's a major decline going on. But it's nothing compared to how bad things will get a little over a year from now...:cry:

Archived