LI Bus: Condition CRITICAL

PinePower

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because those are two completely different chapters of one union, and they have a hard time in the city. Other than this Veolia garbage, I actually haven't heard much from 252...

Here's how I feel about him:

1280723106071.jpg

Joel, I know I've gotten into scuffles before with you and others over Long Island Bus in previous threads, and I respect the fact that you never resorted to name calling and general mudslinging like he has. I've been in my fair share of debates here over various topics, and never once have I resorted to name calling and personal attacks on a level that he has displayed here.

This is the first time I've seen someone get so angry over someone else's opinion about a bus system. Being from Eastern Nassau and a car owner for 7 years, I see things from a different perspective than those who are from NYC and may only come out here on occasion.

Hey! :mad:

If you're going to use this thread simply to throw insults at one specific person and/or a specific entity, you might as well just disable this thread and move on to something more productive. I know we may not agree on everything, and even I myself don't agree 100% with PP's personal philosophies. However, that's no excuse to trade insults with him, or anyone for that matter, no matter how much you disagree with the other person. Furthermore, even if you indeed feel that PP (or anyone) is insulting you, insulting them back will only make the problem worse. A better way to defuse the argument is simply walking away - that way, the argument will quickly lose steam and dissipate. Remember Proverbs 15:1: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

If I find that the conditions on this thread do not improve significantly within a few days, I will request to the administrators that this thread be permanently disabled. :tdown:

If you're going to use this thread simply to throw insults at one specific person and/or a specific entity, you might as well just disable this thread and move on to something more productive. I know we may not agree on everything, and even I myself don't agree 100% with PP's personal philosophies. However, that's no excuse to trade insults with him, or anyone for that matter, no matter how much you disagree with the other person.

If I find that the conditions on this thread do not improve significantly within a few days, I will request to the administrators that this thread be permanently disabled. :tdown:

Well lets see here, I've been called a yokel, a jerk, a 'dumbfoxie' and what have I done, meerly stated a fact, noone else on this site has made a video personally attacking me over my views, so I think you need to get your facts straight before you start making accusations.

I'm using his comments as an example of what's wrong in this county. Of course there are those that take it too far. But dont you think I have a right to be angry?

How about I propose splitting SI off from the city and privatizing it's bus system? We can create SI Transit, $4 fares, no metrocards and half hourly service at best. Since Staten Is. is also suburban everybody drives, right?

So we can get rid of half the bus routes on SI and have the 44 and the 59 run hourly all times...after all its suburban everyone drives, aint that right?:confused:

We can also privatize the Q46 as well since it goes through mostly suburban areas of Queens, no need to have many buses there, once an hour should be enough. After 7pm you can get a cab...

I have no problems with opinions, but to make a YT vid about a comment on a message board? I mean yeah the 'debates' around here can get heated, but if it has to resort to making a vid about it, then you are taking things way too seriously.

We are just 'customers', we have NO say about what the MTA can/can't do [other than a once in a blue moon idea like the (M)]. SO, if it gets so bad you can't take it anymore, just take time off from the computer and then come back when you cool down. It's the internet, big whoop if someone doesn't like what someone else says. IT's a free country, so long as it isn't racist or inciting violence, then there's nothing wrong with what another person says even if you don't like it.

How would I get to work with hardly any bus service? Its not so much a jealousy thing, more of a double standard thing. Many of you are gung ho to slash bus service in Nassau County, but would be very upset if this was done in suburban areas of NYC. That's a DOUBLE STANDARD.

It's not even a double standard, it just goes back to the root of the problem. The (MTA) doesn't have to provide service at all for Nassau County. If they (NC) cannot live up to the contract terms under the charter, the (MTA) has every right to pull out.

You're complaining now about getting to work without any bus service but what was you doing when the (MTA) was going to axe 35 routes just because Nassau County didn't want to pay up? You're lucky as is that they scraped together money to buy all 140 of the Orion VII CNGs and keep the current levels of service. Again, something that the (MTA) could have left Nassau County in the dark without.

But while you're bitching and moaning, the "immigrants" that rode LIB, that'll ride Veolia, that'll ride the railroad, that'll be finding other means of transport will still be heading off to work as if its just another day. At the rate, you're going ... I can see it now.

The bitching and moaning about why the "immigrants" have all the jobs and you don't. Can't stay mad at the world forever, it'll get you nowhere. I'll love to see the reality set in come January 2nd.

How would I get to work with hardly any bus service? Its not so much a jealousy thing, more of a double standard thing. Many of you are gung ho to slash bus service in Nassau County, but would be very upset if this was done in suburban areas of NYC. That's a DOUBLE STANDARD.

And then there a bus driver who has no problems seeing his brothers at LIB get jacked up when Veolia takes over...

TWU 100, ATU, TWU 252, why is it such a big deal to support eachother?

err you know nothing about veolia DO NOT PREJUDGE. LIB service is too broken to the point of gaining a stigma although not impossible it is hard to shake off that stigma but a miracle will have to happen. FYI use LIRR to decrease travel time so you can pick the bus you want to use the weak lines have potential to grow strong but they need trip generators BUT THOSE don't exist ppl can't use a bus that doesn't exist. veolia might rearrange buses in a way so ppl can actually use them. Ohh stop ranting unless you have a solution to the problem get outta the way and shut it. The rtes are broken and suffolk rtes meander too much again a recipie for disaster look at the routes themselves I mean look at them. Then look at the driving habits of LI folk NOT EVEN remotely comparable. Adding service won't do any good if the buses go nowhere ppl are heading out to. The buses need to be completely rerouted except the heavy use lines then once ridership is attracted you can talk about service increases untill then move to rockland county or NYC. Rockland is like nassau but with more bus coverage and so many options I wonder why ppl drive with some broken exceptions.

Because those are two completely different chapters of one union, and they have a hard time in the city. Other than this Veolia garbage, I actually haven't heard much from 252...

Here's how I feel about him:

1280723106071.jpg

This thread is just a shitfest war between babies bye bye have fun with this flame war I will get out of this yo moma fight before it's too late.

If you're going to use this thread simply to throw insults at one specific person and/or a specific entity, you might as well just disable this thread and move on to something more productive. I know we may not agree on everything, and even I myself don't agree 100% with PP's personal philosophies. However, that's no excuse to trade insults with him, or anyone for that matter, no matter how much you disagree with the other person. Furthermore, even if you indeed feel that PP (or anyone) is insulting you, insulting them back will only make the problem worse. A better way to defuse the argument is simply walking away - that way, the argument will quickly lose steam and dissipate. Remember Proverbs 15:1: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

I am usually the one getting insulted and I did throw insults back so I'm not innocent in the matter. What is going on is that some people on here could care less about LIB or even go the level of being happy about the loss of LIB, and that just gets me mad.:mad:

There are people that act like 100,000 daily riders is meaningless. Its this kind of attitude that gets me riled up.

Especially when LIB is being ignored by all the media. Some here proposed service reductions that would mean less service than what was operated by the private companies before MSBA was formed!

Now the (MTA) is no angel here but its the County that is turning it's back on the bus riders by refusing to pay a decent amount of money to the contract operator, whether it be (MTA) or Veolia. As long as the county refuses to support its bus system like Westchester and Suffolk do, service can and will only get worse, much worse, no matter who is running it. And then there are those that are OK with this.

Sorry if I get steamed but I wish more people cared about bus service in Nassau County like I do. Am I saying there shouldnt be changes? Of course not. There needs to be changes, busier routes need more service, struggling routes need to be reformulated to attract riders. QJ has actually been the only here with some actual conrete ideas. Yet you can see how ppl hate on him even though he's actually trying to help.

I definately dont play favorites and will pick on anyone being ambievant about LI Bus, whether it be a poster or Greg Mocker. Like it or not I got ppl talking about LI Bus!:cool:

I am usually the one getting insulted and I did throw insults back so I'm not innocent in the matter. What is going on is that some people on here could care less about LIB or even go the level of being happy about the loss of LIB, and that just gets me mad.:mad:

There are people that act like 100,000 daily riders is meaningless. Its this kind of attitude that gets me riled up.

Especially when LIB is being ignored by all the media. Some here proposed service reductions that would mean less service than what was operated by the private companies before MSBA was formed!

Now the (MTA) is no angel here but its the County that is turning it's back on the bus riders by refusing to pay a decent amount of money to the contract operator, whether it be (MTA) or Veolia. As long as the county refuses to support its bus system like Westchester and Suffolk do, service can and will only get worse, much worse, no matter who is running it. And then there are those that are OK with this.

Sorry if I get steamed but I wish more people cared about bus service in Nassau County like I do. Am I saying there shouldnt be changes? Of course not. There needs to be changes, busier routes need more service, struggling routes need to be reformulated to attract riders. QJ has actually been the only here with some actual conrete ideas. Yet you can see how ppl hate on him even though he's actually trying to help.

I definately dont play favorites and will pick on anyone being ambievant about LI Bus, whether it be a poster or Greg Mocker. Like it or not I got ppl talking about LI Bus!:cool:

I think you are getting the wrong idea here. It's not that nobody cares about LIB. Nobody can do ANYTHING about it, and LIB has all but sucked the life out of NYC's bus system. All that money MTA shelled out to support LIB should have never left the city.

The MTA couldn't even get them to pay their fair share, yet you want something to be done about the routes and service right now. It's good that you are adamant about LI service, but nothing is going to be done until 2012. So it's almost a waste of time because you are stressing yourself out about something you don't have the power to change.

Well lets see here, I've been called a yokel, a jerk, a 'dumbfoxie' and what have I done, meerly stated a fact, noone else on this site has made a video personally attacking me over my views, so I think you need to get your facts straight before you start making accusations.

Responding directly to perceived insults with non-gentle words will cause the argument to escalate. If one ignored perceived insults, they will sooner or later lose steam. If one responds directly to them strongly, this will provide more fuel for the insulting party to escalate the argument.

My point is not about what people think of LIB - on that point, I'll admit that I agree with you about the importance of LIB and that it is being neglected by pretty much all sides in the matter. Instead, the problem is that by using language that could be perceived as insulting, you're probably causing your "opponents" to dig in and insult you back, turning what was supposed to be a civil discussion about LIB into a full-fledged flame war between you and your opponents. Everyone has their own unique opinions about various issues, and it is each individual's right to possess and express those opinions. You can disagree with someone as much as you like, but trading insults with them is counterproductive - I've found that doing so does nothing to soften their opinions, so why bother insulting them? Earlier this year I already observed another thread that was shut down because a flame war developed between you and your opponents. I have observed some individuals who, because of their very strong personal opinions, managed to spark flame wars on pretty much every forum they post in - and end up being banned by many webmasters. I hope you don't join the ranks of people getting banned for consistently sparking flame wars, but from what I've observed about your interaction with others on this forum, I would be extremely worried about your future here.

Unlike some people, I myself don't feel comfortable trying to argue with people for an extended period of time. As such, I'll refrain from posting anything further on this topic, unless I see an urgent need to intervene. However, I will take other actions necessary to ensure that the forum is being used more productively. I know my words can only be treated as advice and not as commands or orders, but if one day you guys find that you've lost the privilege to continue posting in this thread, don't tell me I didn't warn you about it...

:tup::tup:
try learning from tml and remain civil and try not to applaud anyone who insults me at every chance you get it makes u look immature. now try to learn respect and civility.

Responding directly to perceived insults with non-gentle words will cause the argument to escalate. If one ignored perceived insults, they will sooner or later lose steam. If one responds directly to them strongly, this will provide more fuel for the insulting party to escalate the argument.

My point is not about what people think of LIB - on that point, I'll admit that I agree with you about the importance of LIB and that it is being neglected by pretty much all sides in the matter. Instead, the problem is that by using language that could be perceived as insulting, you're probably causing your "opponents" to dig in and insult you back, turning what was supposed to be a civil discussion about LIB into a full-fledged flame war between you and your opponents. Everyone has their own unique opinions about various issues, and it is each individual's right to possess and express those opinions. You can disagree with someone as much as you like, but trading insults with them is counterproductive - I've found that doing so does nothing to soften their opinions, so why bother insulting them? Earlier this year I already observed another thread that was shut down because a flame war developed between you and your opponents. I have observed some individuals who, because of their very strong personal opinions, managed to spark flame wars on pretty much every forum they post in - and end up being banned by many webmasters. I hope you don't join the ranks of people getting banned for consistently sparking flame wars, but from what I've observed about your interaction with others on this forum, I would be extremely worried about your future here.

Unlike some people, I myself don't feel comfortable trying to argue with people for an extended period of time. As such, I'll refrain from posting anything further on this topic, unless I see an urgent need to intervene. However, I will take other actions necessary to ensure that the forum is being used more productively. I know my words can only be treated as advice and not as commands or orders, but if one day you guys find that you've lost the privilege to continue posting in this thread, don't tell me I didn't warn you about it...

BRILLIANT post:tup::tup::tup: lets keep it civil. preparing for war 3 2 1

I think you are getting the wrong idea here. It's not that nobody cares about LIB. Nobody can do ANYTHING about it, and LIB has all but sucked the life out of NYC's bus system.

My problem with this guy (and his M.O.) is that he wants folks to bend over backwards, stop what we're doing (in life) to "fight the good fight" just like he is, just like he has the time to do.... Yes, it aint about no one givin a damn about LIB, as you & many others have said.....

When someone sits there & makes spiteful comments regarding the service that we have in the city, just so that we can somehow "feel his pain" to what he has to deal w/ in Nassau.... because he feels people (meaning, the general public) aren't doing "enough"....

I mean, sayin shit like:

How about I propose splitting SI off from the city and privatizing it's bus system? We can create SI Transit, $4 fares, no metrocards and half hourly service at best. Since Staten Is. is also suburban everybody drives, right?

So we can get rid of half the bus routes on SI and have the 44 and the 59 run hourly all times...after all its suburban everyone drives, aint that right?

We can also privatize the Q46 as well since it goes through mostly suburban areas of Queens, no need to have many buses there, once an hour should be enough. After 7pm you can get a cab...

....isn't exactly gonna get city residents to hold hands & sing koom-by-yah (however you spell it) & make folks sympathetic to a particular plight....

...and like I said earlier, it aint gonna eradicate the stigma of public surface transportation out in Nassau - Which was really the basis of his latest video callin out bluefoxie....

But while you're bitching and moaning, the "immigrants" that rode LIB, that'll ride Veolia, that'll ride the railroad, that'll be finding other means of transport will still be heading off to work as if its just another day. At the rate, you're going ... I can see it now.

The bitching and moaning about why the "immigrants" have all the jobs and you don't. Can't stay mad at the world forever, it'll get you nowhere. I'll love to see the reality set in come January 2nd.

With this guy, he's pro-LIB when any type of cuts comes about, and he's anti-LIB whenever there's any little problem arises (some of which he reaches with, just to make a rant video).... perfect example of a love-hate relationship.....

-------------

....and to Mr. mediator there, I could care less about comin on too strong to someone that's ALWAYS bitching about something.... He posted his rant on here, he better be prepared to recieve any type of replies coming his way..... Not gonna fake kindness, or be anymore respectful to the same dude that got some slick shit to say about bus service in the city to push his agenda(s) w/ LIB.... and he's BEEN doin that for the longest, and I'm sick of it.....

It's one thing to be concerned about something.... it's quite another to whimper across forums & expect the situation w/ LIB to be rectified b/c you don't like what's goin on.... Veolia's fin to come, and there aint a damn thing that can be done about it.... he's just gonna have to let the cold hard truth salivate, marinate, then take a chunk out of his ass.....

try learning from tml and remain civil and try not to applaud anyone who insults me at every chance you get it makes u look immature. now try to learn respect and civility.

*Yawn*...I'm sorry did you say something intelligent. You need to learn to make posts that make sense. You sound immature for even reply back. I been lost respect for you then minute to start posting non-sense and I don't have time for you. I have better things to do. Now go to bed!

My problem with this guy (and his M.O.) is that he wants folks to bend over backwards, stop what we're doing (in life) to "fight the good fight" just like he is, just like he has the time to do.... Yes, it aint about no one givin a damn about LIB, as you & many others have said.....

When someone sits there & makes spiteful comments regarding the service that we have in the city, just so that we can somehow "feel his pain" to what he has to deal w/ in Nassau.... because he feels people (meaning, the general public) aren't doing "enough"....

I mean, sayin shit like:

....isn't exactly gonna get city residents to hold hands & sing koom-by-yah (however you spell it) & make folks sympathetic to your plight....

...and like I said earlier, it aint gonna eradicate the stigma of public surface transportation out in Nassau - Which was really the basis of his latest video callin out bluefoxie....

With this guy, he's pro-LIB when any type of cuts comes about, and he's anti-LIB whenever there's any little problem arises (some of which he reaches with, just to make a rant video).... perfect example of a love-hate relationship.....

-------------

....and to Mr. mediator there, I could care less about comin on too strong to someone that's ALWAYS bitching about something.... He posted his rant on here, he better be prepared to recieve any type of replies coming his way..... Not gonna fake kindness, or be anymore respectful to the same dude that got some slick shit to say about bus service in the city to push his agenda....

It's one thing to be concerned about something.... it's quite another to whimper across forums & expect the situation w/ LIB to be rectified b/c you don't like what's goin on.... Veolia's fin to come, and there aint a damn thing that can be done about it.... he's just gonna let the cold hard truth salivate, marinate, then take a chunk out of his ass.....

here we go ding ding ding getting popcorn ready

*Yawn*...I'm sorry did you say something intelligent. You need to learn to make posts that make sense. You sound immature for even reply back. I been lost respect for you then minute to start posting non-sense and I don't have time for you. I have better things to do. Now go to bed!
ditto now get out of my way let's watch pinepower vs b35 ensue

its impossible for everything to be nonsense

here we go ding ding ding getting popcorn ready

ditto now get out of my way let's watch pinepower vs b35 ensue

lol.... I needed a laugh... thanks.

but it aint about startin a war or pickin a fight....

I would like a legitimate answer as to what Pinepower actually expects the forum public, and the general public to actually DO, that would make things all better....

....and even then he'd find something to complain about.

lol.... I needed a laugh... thanks.

but it aint about startin a war or pickin a fight....

I would like a legitimate answer as to what Pinepower actually expects the forum public, and the general public to actually DO, that would make things all better....

....and even then he'd find something to complain about.

Well I could do without "LIB is gone, let it turn into Dutchess transit" attitude some exhibit. Yes this is only an internet forum, its not like anyone here can stop LIB from going away 12/31 I know that.

As far as what I'd like the general public to do, I'd like to see them send letters to their reps asking for more details about the plan. I'd like them to realize the importance of bus service in Nassau County, instead of saying "it wont affect me so why I should I care?".

I'd like the media to report on things. Sure there hasn't been much news from Nassau, Veolia, or the MTA on the matter, but how come hardly any press attended the LI Bus hearings?

When I was at both public hearings it was great because I was around people that cared. But mainstream media and the general public seems to care less. At a recent public hearing one speaker brought up that very point. And he made the same points I made, about the bus service being important to the economy.

Sure there's things going on at LIB that can annoy me. But it's only because of the situation we are in now. If Nassau was paying the proper subsidy we wouldn't be dealing with the breakdowns and crowding issues on some routes.

But how can any contract carrier improve or adjust service when there's no money to do so?

Many that live in Nassau don't realize how important the bus is, and when it's gone, only then will they realize the role it played.

I will take tml's advice and ignore you foolishness you are just blatently rude sit ur ass down

You might want to stop with the insults. Practice what you preach.

---------------------------------------------

As for the main topic. Being the somewhat netural person in this discussion, I do kinda agree that LIB service is deteriorating to some extent. Since I moved to Queens in June and have been going to L.I at times, idk about you, but out of all the Roosevelt Field routes, the N22 and N24 routes seem to be getting the most service out of the rest because there were massive lines for the 15 and 79 last I went to Roosey Field, while the N6 from what I seen at Jamaica, bunches up terribly.

Granted that LIB will be transitioning from MTA to Veolia in the coming months, service has started to decline back in Late May or so (at least in my opinion) and it has steadily gotten worse. There have been some N22s or N24s that never showed up on the weekends and other buses that would show up 20+ minutes late.

Now I have to agree with Vintage Soul with the system-wide problems because unlike Long Island Bus, they arent short of buses aside from maintenance problems. Depots all around the five boroughs are short of buses because of the quick and somewhat unwarranted scrapping of other good performing buses. Also with the tons of breakdowns every day, shit happens between both fleets within LIB and MTA NYCT & MTA Bus, so its not just a LIB thing, its pretty much system-wide.

I dont know too much about Long Island Bus, but on the viewpoint that I seen within my recent visits to Roosevelt Field, with more 22 and 24 service over the other routes and seeing massive lines alongside with the ridiculous bunching of other routes, there is a problem. Coming back home from Roosevelt Field with my dad last week, I waited, in total, 45 minutes for a N22 OR N24 to show up during the PM rush, that alone speaks problems.

But overall, there really is nothing that can be done to "improve" LIB service because the MTA pretty much made it clear that by the end of the year, they are on their own with Veolia. Some of us may be oblivious to the so-called "improvements' that could be done, but lets face it, once Veolia takes over, its just going to get much worse.

Archived