Four NYPD cops punished for tossing around football with young boy at Bronx housing project

Shortline Bus

Throwing a football is not in duties of what a cop is suppose to be doing; the cops WERE ON THE JOB; Protect & Serve not Serve & Play. You cant justify cops throwing a football for a couple mins as being a good deed or whatever. I agree with the suspension.

Game or not the cops had no business doing it while in uniform plain and simple.

So you want police to act like Robot's with no interaction with the community there protecting?, it no wonder people hate the police.

I never liked cops either; I've had very few positive interactions with them (among the many), but a cop acting first and making a good gesture goes a long way to mend that irrational dislike.

Now that's interesting... Why have you had so "many" interactions with them??

And to INDMan and KTrainExp seems like you two both have the same problem understanding "you're" vs "your"... lol

Now that's interesting... Why have you had so "many" interactions with them??

And to INDMan and KTrainExp seems like you two both have the same problem understanding "you're" vs "your"... lol

Bag checks with *******s, and some school MetroCard squabbles when I was a teen.

The nice ones are the ones that act human and not like a tool of the NYPD.

Bag checks with *******s, and some school MetroCard squabbles when I was a teen.

lol... Well I've had "interactions" w/them as you call them and they've never been rough with me and I'm a mixed dude. I've had my bag randomly checked in the subway there at Grand Central and everything went smoothly. It could be my persona since I guess I look like an educated professional, so they're not rough with me. I personally think that the darker skinned blacks generally seem to have a rough time from what I've seen on tv and such. I mean if you ever saw that show Bait Car, the suspects are usually dark skinned black guys in the inner cities or Latinos.

You have to be kidding me. If we didn't have bag checks, I can probably walk in with a M4 machine gun, a few grenades, ammunition, and other guns and I can just walk onto a train and look as if I am going to work. I can get on the train, and when it's in the tunnel I pull the cord. Then, I can go from one end of the train to the other pumping bullets. Who is there to stop me? Nobody.

I support bag checks, I've had my own bag checks and for Christ sake's people, it is BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY. Yes, it's a cliche, but most of you still seem to not fully understand this quote.

And don't you guys have Student ID? If a cop thinks you are an adult just go show them your damn Student ID and they will let you go... assuming your photo is on that ID

You're generalizations are completely false and I suggest you watch what you say. Me along with several board members are from the PJs and we are citizens not hoodlums. We were raised to appreciate what cops do and some former PJ tenants eventually grew up to become law enforcement officers.

We all know that the PJs are notorious for what occurs inside the buildings, but the MAJORITY of the people are NOT raised like that. That's the equivalent of saying all Muslims are terrorists, which is a false statement. You don't live in the PJs, so you don't have an accurate say, so I suggest you start watching what you say because you're generalizations are not only offensive to me, but to decent members of the community as well.

Your telling me watch what I say? Im going to say whatever the hell I want. I didnt say all of the people in the projects hate the cops, if thats how I said it sorry on my part. But I guess you people is just reading way too much into it. Ofcourse I know all people in the projects are not like that. Im just saying I dont think cops should be playing catch on duty. If it changes the mind of some ok cool it doesnt then cool.

It is what it is.

Sounds to me like your trying to justify a good reason why the cops were playing catch. If you dont get caught cool. If I bring chicks on my bus and have sex with them and dont get caught then cool but if I do it another time and get caught then shame on me. Same with these cops they were caught and they have to deal with the outcome. They were in uniform...UNIFORM. They had no business playing catch for a few short mins. And dont bring that West Indian Parade in this. If you do something and dont get caught you will do it again and again then when you get caught that all changes

How are cops are Denny's probably in uniform? They are either in uniform or not.

If i do something stupid on the job my ass is in the street for days or weeks.

Just like you wouldn't have any business bringing chicks onto your bus to have sex with. How can you be ok with something just because you don't get caught doing it? In the case of comparison, a football toss is nothing compared to the idea of using your employer's work equipment as motel six. Even if the officers deserved a dressing down from the chief, which imo they really didn't here, you don't do it front of the general public. You pull your employees aside and do it privately.

Throwing a football is not in duties of what a cop is suppose to be doing; the cops WERE ON THE JOB; Protect & Serve not Serve & Play. You cant justify cops throwing a football for a couple mins as being a good deed or whatever. I agree with the suspension.

Game or not the cops had no business doing it while in uniform plain and simple.

Except that if something did come up (say they saw somebody getting mugged or something), they would've still been able to respond and perform their duty. It's not like tossing a football would somehow impair their ability to assist somebody if necessary.

I go on Facebook, and on these forums while I am at work. My boss doesn't really care. We all do it while we work. It's the truth. You can't stop it. Come on I mean being a bus driver. I bet you do tons of things while you are driving. For example disobeying the speed limit. I bet some of you drivers do that.

Well, the key is that your boss doesn't care. Personally, my opinion is that if you can still perform the job that you're being paid to do, what's the difference how you pass the time? Whether you spend 8 hours working or 7 hours working and 1 hour surfing the web, as long as the job gets done, it doesn't matter.

This aint going to improve nothing. The minorities are still going to shooting and killing each other reguardless and the cops will still be shooting and beating them up. The cops got what they deserve and im glad something was done about it.

If I had a chick on my bus and was caught I would simply just take it and move on.

Yeah, but if playing football with a kid for a few minutes prevents him from growing up mistrusting cops and potentially being an asset to them (maybe he'll witness a crime and report it), then it's worth it. Yeah, overall the same stuff will be happening with people shooting at each other, but maybe this prevented one kid from being another statistic.

As far as the second statement, I don't think you'd be saying that if you were caught.

Hey this goes out to ALL of you....THIS is about Cops...Not Bus Ops so stop the shit already cuz I see no reason to go all nuts about cops or B/O ,All knowing if they are needed ,They have Radios and everybody on here is making it sound like Rex was doing the Play by play and these cops was at 1st & 10 .

I can't understand why people have nothing else better to do .

It's A good thing they didn't go to the Bathroom whoaaa ohhh boy Could you imagine that....Al Sharpton would be Marching .

Hey I go to the bathroom and take a shit and guess what...you can't do a God damn thing about or or hmmm wait ...Maybe you wanna call The Post :)

You can tell them all about what I was cooking but I know you HACKS will wait for the Cops instead right....So you could win An EMMY

You have to be kidding me. If we didn't have bag checks, I can probably walk in with a M4 machine gun, a few grenades, ammunition, and other guns and I can just walk onto a train and look as if I am going to work. I can get on the train, and when it's in the tunnel I pull the cord. Then, I can go from one end of the train to the other pumping bullets. Who is there to stop me? Nobody.

I support bag checks, I've had my own bag checks and for Christ sake's people, it is BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY. Yes, it's a cliche, but most of you still seem to not fully understand this quote.

And don't you guys have Student ID? If a cop thinks you are an adult just go show them your damn Student ID and they will let you go... assuming your photo is on that ID

Where in the post did I mention bag checks being the problem? It's who does it and the apparent disposition of the officers doing it.

As for the arguments for and against bag checks: that's up for another debate. Some claim the mere hint of a bag check serves to discourage would-be terrorists, and that's all that's needed. There are also many claiming that they're ineffective due to the fact that they are random and let many pass by without being scrutinized. Safe is a gamble here not a certainty, so you may or may not be sorry even with safety measures.

Just like you wouldn't have any business bringing chicks onto your bus to have sex with. How can you be ok with something just because you don't get caught doing it? In the case of comparison, a football toss is nothing compared to the idea of using your employer's work equipment as motel six. Even if the officers deserved a dressing down from the chief, which imo they really didn't here, you don't do it front of the general public. You pull your employees aside and do it privately.

Could not say it better myself.:tup: This makes that NYPD Commander look like a jerk for scolding something that should said private in a meeting.

Wow, out of everything I said that's what you need to dwell on. You can take the English lesson and shove it up your/you're ass.

LMAO.... That's a kind suggestion, but you clearly need that English class.

It's the Internet, I really don't feel the need to proof read everything I post and it's a pain in the balls to do so when I post from my phone. If I was writing an essay, then yea I would go over everything but it's only a pointless post on a pointless message board.

It's the Internet, I really don't feel the need to proof read everything I post and it's a pain in the balls to do so when I post from my phone. If I was writing an essay, then yea I would go over everything but it's only a pointless post on a pointless message board.

Well you do have a point... Typing on these phones can be a pain in the @ss...

Yes and auto-correct does not really help with that.

That's the one thing I HATE about this Thunderbolt... The keyboard is so sensitive, but I'm trying to get used to it in terms of the whole auto-correct and such as opposed to the Blackberry... I find typing a lot slower though... I just can't do that holding the phone thing in between my hands like I see the geeks doing because too many errors pop up that way. It allows you to type faster, but you get posts like yours. lol

That's the one thing I HATE about this Thunderbolt... The keyboard is so sensitive, but I'm trying to get used to it in terms of the whole auto-correct and such as opposed to the Blackberry... I find typing a lot slower though... I just can't do that holding the phone thing in between my hands like I see the geeks doing because too many errors pop up that way. It allows you to type faster, but you get posts like yours. lol

I keep F'ing with the setting on my iPhone and I still don't get anything I like, I don't like the auto correct, but when you hit the space bar twice in a row it end the sentence. When i type fast I g Et thiS or it will send a message before I want to. Then when I drunk test with the phone, it's a total crap shoot.

I keep F'ing with the setting on my iPhone and I still don't get anything I like, I don't like the auto correct, but when you hit the space bar twice in a row it end the sentence. When i type fast I g Et thiS or it will send a message before I want to. Then when I drunk test with the phone, it's a total crap shoot.

lol... Same here... I can't see how anyone could possibly type at a normal speed on those damn touchscreens and type out everything as they want to. It's nearly impossible because you have to be aware of too many things at one time.

Archived